Windows 10: Edge Favorites MIA

Discus and support Edge Favorites MIA in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Approximately half of my Microsoft Edge favorites are missing. I regularly do backups with Edge Manage, but my recent backups over the past week are... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Xilnik, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Xilnik Win User

Edge Favorites MIA

Approximately half of my Microsoft Edge favorites are missing. I regularly do backups with Edge Manage, but my recent backups over the past week are missing bits and pieces of my overall favorites. I am currently going back and adding favorites from over a week ago by manually going to each site and re-adding to the appropriate category.

I found this out this morning after resetting Microsoft Edge (deleting the package and then re-registering through AppXPackage). Upon resetting, my favorites were nowhere to be found. I waited for a half hour to see if they would be picked up through Microsoft's sync feature, but it just continued with the message to import my favorites from another browser. After importing my backup from yesterday, I found many of my favorites were still missing.

Is there a way to prevent Microsoft Edge from losing favorites? This has happened to me a couple dozen times now.

:)

Xilnik, Apr 1, 2017

2. Edge and Favorites Bar

It's not only the icons, but it's also they the are in alphabetical order, so when I try to rearrange favorites by pulling off the drop down on the right, I can't do it. IOW, if I try to access "Zillow" or "Yahoo", I have to go down to the bottom the pull
    down tab because I can't put it on of my favorites bar. Really handy on IE, but MIA on Edge.

JohnNormanD, Apr 1, 2017
  3. graye Win User
    Missing IE Favorites

Take a look at the answer to this similar question to learn how to get your favorites back

Update made Edge Favorites disappear

graye, Apr 1, 2017
  4. Edge Favorites MIA

This won't prevent you loosing them again, but it will put them some place safe. This is a line out of a batch file I regularly run to "backup" the favorites:

XCopy "C:\Users\Name\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\De fault\DataStore\*.*" "E:\Users\Name\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\De fault\DataStore\*.*" /v/s/m/y

Hope this offers some use.

Wiley Coyote, Apr 1, 2017
  5. Xilnik Win User
    Thanks, CWGilley. That's basically what I've been doing to back up my favorites.

The odd thing is that I imported my favorites from Firefox, which I had imported them from Edge earlier today. The favorites in Firefox actually are intact, but the favorites in Edge are missing? How does that even happen? I could understand if I had imported them into the same structure as before, but they are actually residing in a new "directory" called "From Microsoft Edge" - and still pieces are missing? *Huh

Xilnik, Apr 1, 2017
  6. Xilnik Win User
    Re-imported, and again see missing favorites. I imported to a new "directory" - "2017_04_02"

Should I reset Microsoft Edge again?

Xilnik, Apr 1, 2017
  7. Xilnik Win User
    I thought I had the favorites issue fixed. Then Microsoft Edge crashed. Upon opening it again, 90% of my favorites are now missing.

Xilnik, Apr 1, 2017
  8. Edge Favorites MIA

Uh Oh! Maybe try it without the favorites restored? Keep us posted.

Wiley Coyote, Apr 1, 2017
  9. Xilnik Win User
    That seemed to work better last night. I didn't import favorites and just added them as I used them. This morning, several of those favorites are missing. Most remain, but I lost around 1/10th of what I had added last night.

Xilnik, Apr 2, 2017
  10. Hmmm. Think I would note the ones that go missing. Add them back today. Shut down tonight and see if the same ones are missing in the morning at start up again. Might be worth trying...

Wiley Coyote, Apr 2, 2017
  11. Xilnik Win User
    Weird. I rolled back Windows to the previous build, and now my favorites are back from a few days ago, but I'm missing the new favorites I've added since starting this thread. The sync feature is driving me nuts!

Turned sync off. *Smile

Xilnik, Apr 2, 2017
  12. *Roflmao2 Now what are you going to do?

13. Xilnik Win User

Edge Favorites MIA

I'll use Edge Manage to backup favorites and export/import them on each machine as I used to prior to the cloud existing. Obviously, the Microsoft cloud cannot handle my favorites in a way that does not result in them being lost/corrupted/frustrating, so I'll stop using that feature. Problem solved. *Biggrin

For others running into similar issues:

• Click on Microsoft Edge's More (the three dots ... in the upper right corner)
    • Click on the Settings button
    • Set Sync your favorites and reading list switch to the Off setting

Xilnik, Apr 2, 2017
  14. Sounds like you have it figured out. Good luck.

My experiences with any cloud has usually been a Black Cloud. That being said, I avoid The Cloud.

15. Xilnik Win User
    That worked for a while. Today, I turned off Flash Player because a site was loading slowly. When I turned it back on to watch sports tonight, I restarted Edge afterward. My favorites folders appeared on the Favorites Bar, but they did not appear in the Hub. I added NBA League Pass to my Favorites Bar and restarted Edge to see if my original Favorites would return. The only favorite on my list was now NBA League Pass.

Xilnik, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Edge Favorites MIA

1. Edge Favorites MIA - Similar Threads - Edge Favorites MIA

2. favorites on Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    favorites on Edge: Can I make Edge openwith a verticcal favorites list similar to the way IE has been doing mit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favorites-on-edge/d2a18a59-581e-4e1b-9e51-6f64a533d3c3
  3. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edge Favorites: Suddenly I'm unable to right click on a link in my favorites folder and have it open in a new window, which I used to be able to do. Now when I click on open in new window, nothing happens. If I click open in a new tab, it does and also when I right click on links in various...
  4. EDGE Favorites

in Windows 10 Customization
    EDGE Favorites: How do you SORT the favorites? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-favorites/05bcaa2d-4440-450c-8012-506287f63127
  5. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge Favorites: I don't usually use Edge, I like IE11; but I've had to dabble in Edge from time to time. I was wondering, where are the Favorites saved? I looked up & found an article that instructed to go to:...
  6. Edge/ Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Edge/ Favorites: Hi all. I believe there was a major Win 10 update recently; I now have Win 10, Version # 1809; OS Build 17763.195 Here's something I noticed in the Edge browser: When I click on my Favorites (and I have a lot; a long list to scroll through), scroll through my list, and then...
  7. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Favorites: How do you change the width of the Favorites Side panel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/edge-favorites/7d3ac0b7-4fb5-4364-a313-2804ea3e431f
  8. favorites edge

in Browsers and Email
    favorites edge: Hi Normaly when i do a reinstall of windows i've got my favorits of edage automaticly back But nu not why ? 97290
  9. Edge Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites: I too would like to access my W10 Edge Favorites list to edit them. But I find it incredible that no-one (including Microsoft) appears to know where they. I did come across one reply in the Windows 10 forum that listed them but not in the folders in the drop-down list in Edge...
  10. Edge Favorites.

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites.: I just noticed after doing a clean install of windows 10 1607, that my favorites in ms edge are gone. Is there anyway to get them back? Henry 58963

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after import favorits they start slowly