Windows 10: Edge Favorites

Discus and support Edge Favorites in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; This is what you should be looking at [img] Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by beachguide, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Edge Favorites

This is what you should be looking at

Edge Favorites [​IMG]

paulsalter, Feb 22, 2016

2. Thanks but this is a reply I have had from the MS Community :-"Yes, this is a well-known problem, for which there currently isn't an answer.

I'm sure the Edge development team at Microsoft is keenly aware that there is currently no practical way to manage favorites. It's not that they are not listening... they here you, but they are just a little slow.

The current version of Edge doesn't store favorites in a folder structure at all... and instead store them in a database. So, that's why you can't find them."

It would seem I will just have to wait until the MS Development team sort this on out!!

beachguide, Feb 22, 2016
  3. Brink
    Brink New Member
    The location below is the old location where favorites for Microsoft Edge used to be saved to. They are no longer kept there.

%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Favorite s

Starting in Windows 10 Insider Preview build 10565, your favorites in Microsoft Edge are now stored in an ESE database file instead of the previous Favorites folder.

%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\DataStor e\Data\nouser1\120712-0049\DBStore\Spartan.edb

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Feb 22, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Edge Favorites

Thank you.
    That's why my Links folder is empty.

davidhk, Feb 22, 2016
  5. Regrettably, this does not work either, in fact, there is no 'Packages' in AppData.

beachguide, Feb 22, 2016
  6. try AppData\Local\Packages

paulsalter, Feb 22, 2016
  7. Sorry! no success.

beachguide, Feb 22, 2016
  8. Edge Favorites

So if you go to the folder in this screenshot, you don't have packages (replace paul with your username)

Edge Favorites [​IMG]

paulsalter, Feb 22, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Did you copy and paste the full path below into the address bar of File Explorer and press Enter like in the steps below?

%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default

Brink, Feb 22, 2016
  10. davidhk Win User
    To: Brink
    %LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\DataStor e\Data\nouser1\120712-0049\DBStore\Spartan.edb

I followed all the way until Spartan.edb.. I don't have that but I have 120712-0049\ Favorites. Is that the one ?

Edge Favorites [​IMG]

davidhk, Feb 22, 2016
  11. C:\Users\mike\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Def ault\Favorites

I eventually managed to find the above link only to find that "Favorites" was empty!!

*Mad

beachguide, Feb 22, 2016
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    The spartan.edb file should be in the DBStore folder like below, but that's not the only thing that needs to be backed up for your favorites.

Edge Favorites [​IMG]

Brink, Feb 22, 2016
  13. Looey Win User

Edge Favorites

Do a search on your userid for spartan.edb. That is where your favorites should be.

Looey, Feb 22, 2016
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    That's because they are no longer saved there as I already posted. *Wink

I'm afraid that you can no longer manually edit favorites in Microsoft Edge without breaking them. Instead, you could add or remove them.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Feb 22, 2016
  15. davidhk Win User
    But I don't have it. Inside DBStore, there is only LogFiles and it is empty.

davidhk, Feb 22, 2016
Thema:

Edge Favorites

1. Edge Favorites - Similar Threads - Edge Favorites

2. Favorites, MS Edge, Windows 10 and networks?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Favorites, MS Edge, Windows 10 and networks?: Hello and have a nice day.MS Edge favorites are synchronised across my network. If I give my Laptop to a friend, to be connected to another house and another network would the others be able to see and alter my favorites?Thank you....
  3. Favorites, MS Edge, Windows 10 and networks?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Favorites, MS Edge, Windows 10 and networks?: Hello and have a nice day.MS Edge favorites are synchronised across my network. If I give my Laptop to a friend, to be connected to another house and another network would the others be able to see and alter my favorites?Thank you....
  4. Favorites, MS Edge, Windows 10 and networks?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I need to disable my Edge favorite tabs I use at home from showing up on my Edge browser at...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I need to disable my Edge favorite tabs I use at home from showing up on my Edge browser at...: I need to disable my Edge favorite tabs or "bookmarks" I use at home from showing up on my Edge browser at my work office. Is there a way this can be done easily?...
  6. I need to disable my Edge favorite tabs I use at home from showing up on my Edge browser at...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to disable my Edge favorite tabs I use at home from showing up on my Edge browser at...: I need to disable my Edge favorite tabs or "bookmarks" I use at home from showing up on my Edge browser at my work office. Is there a way this can be done easily?...
  7. I need to disable my Edge favorite tabs I use at home from showing up on my Edge browser at...

8. After Microsoft Edge Update, why is the Tab bar and Favorites Bar much bigger?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Microsoft Edge Update, why is the Tab bar and Favorites Bar much bigger?: Last night, i updated Microsoft Edge to the latest version Version 117.0.2045.31, but then upon restarting, the Tab Bar and Favorites Bar became much bigger? Is there a way to adjust it?...
  9. After Microsoft Edge Update, why is the Tab bar and Favorites Bar much bigger?

After Microsoft Edge Update, why is the Tab bar and Favorites Bar much bigger?: Last night, i updated Microsoft Edge to the latest version Version 117.0.2045.31, but then upon restarting, the Tab Bar and Favorites Bar became much bigger? Is there a way to adjust it?...
  10. How can I configure group policy for Microsoft Edge Favorites?

How can I configure group policy for Microsoft Edge Favorites?: I'm relatively new to Group Policy, but I do have a pretty good handle on it. Right now I am troubleshooting the Microsoft Edge Favorites policy against a single test user account I've created in our domain. I believe all of the settings are in place, but when I check Edge...