Windows 10: Edge favourites bar brief flash of icons

Discus and support Edge favourites bar brief flash of icons in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Can’t say I noticed this before but it seems every time I open edge the favicons in the favourites bar will flash very quickly after a few seconds of... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Scottyboy99, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Edge favourites bar brief flash of icons

Can’t say I noticed this before but it seems every time I open edge the favicons in the favourites bar will flash very quickly after a few seconds of opening. It won’t do it again whilst it remains open but if I close it and re open it will reproduce this same behaviour. Is it normal? Maybe it’s always happened and I just hadn’t noticed as it’s very brief. Anyone else notice the same? Maybe it’s part of a cloud sync of favourites that happens each time it is opened. More curious above anything else

:)

Scottyboy99, Jul 19, 2019

2. Favourites bar icons in Microsoft Edge

I now have a favourites bar with ICONS very much like Chrome although a brief (one or two letter) name is needed. Hopefully the need for any name will be removed. To achieve this:-

1 - Enable FAVOURITES BAR in . . . More Actions - the three dots top right.

- Import your old favourites from Chrome - these appear as a Star Icon and a full web address - yuk

2 - Open HUB - the three horizontal lines top right

- Open the Favourites Bar by clicking the star option, Favourites and then Favourites Bar

3 - Click one of your Favourites to open it

- Now reopen the HUB and right click the link and Remove it

- By clicking the Star at the right hand end of the address bar you re-establish the Favourite with the correct Icon and the option to rename it to a single letter (not as good as a blank but Edge is fast so worth it?)

4 - You can re-arrange Icons by opening HUB and dragging the links up and down the list

Come on MS - let us have a Favourites Bar with just the Icons.

JohnWelch8, Jul 19, 2019
  3. baddler Win User
    Favourites bar icons in Microsoft Edge

Hi,

Is there any way of displaying the icons of my favourites in the favourites bar a la Chrome where you can have just a list of tiles along the top that do not have names. At the moment Edge is still going the old clunky by not displaying the unique
    icon of most of my favourites and also not allowing me to completely remove the name. I want to have a favourites bar with as many of my favourites along the top as possible, not loads of generic stars with descriptions.

Such a shame as I think Edge seems really fast but it seems to have completely ignored basic user-friendly things that makes things easier but I'll be sticking to Chrome for the time being until they sort this out.

baddler, Jul 19, 2019
  4. I digress Win User

Edge favourites bar brief flash of icons

Would like favourites bar at top of Microsoft Edge

Here is the answer, if you would like to show the favourites bar in Microsoft Edge

Applies to Windows 10

• Select More actions (…) on the address bar, then Settings.

• Change Show favourites bar to on or off.

I digress, Jul 19, 2019
Thema:

Edge favourites bar brief flash of icons

1. Edge favourites bar brief flash of icons - Similar Threads - Edge favourites bar

2. Edge Chromium problem with favourites icon on menu bar.

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium problem with favourites icon on menu bar.: I am using Edge Chromium in Win 10 V 2004. I haven't had any problems but now if I hold the cursor over the grey star with three lines (Favourites icon) top right the Manage option has vanished and favourites is very slow to open and only a small part of the favourites list...
  3. Favourite's bar icon size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Favourite's bar icon size: Edge has just updated. I like to have my favourites visible on the bar, using icons only. However, the size seems to have increased so now only 40 are visible with the remainder in the overflow drop down menu to the right. Can the icon size be reduced so that more are...
  4. MS Edge Multirow favourites bar

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge Multirow favourites bar: G'day all.. Have been a Firefox stalwart for many years, but for no reason just decided to give Edge a crack and found it to be quite responsive, but it lacks the ability to add an extra row on the favorites bar. Have looked high and low to no avail. Does anyone know of such...
  5. Favourites bar in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Favourites bar in Edge: I would like my favourites bar in Edge to contain all the same favourites I have in Internet Exploer but after using settings/import favourites they dont appear. Is there a fold I can copy and paste them into or is there anotherway? 121748
  6. Favourites bar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Favourites bar: I find it extremely difficult to save the websites in favourites bar. It should not be necessary to create a new folder for each website. Simply clicking on Save in Favourites Bar delivers no result. Cumbersome and annoying....
  7. Syncing Edge Favourites

in Browsers and Email
    Syncing Edge Favourites: I have used Firefox for years and it's hard to find much fault with it. But since converting to W10 I've mainly been using Edge as I wanted to understand it better. I've only run into one site where it just won't work but otherwise it's been fast and stable and I quite liked...
  8. Favicons in Edge Favourites Bar...

in Browsers and Email
    Favicons in Edge Favourites Bar...: Since the last update, all the favicons in my favourites bar have changed to a 5-point star. If I hide, then show the favourites bar again via settings, the correct site favicons re-appear, but then revert to stars the next time I open Edge. Any ideas, please? 30390
  9. Edge Favourites Bar

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favourites Bar: Has anyone managed to drag and drop the Favourites into the Favourites Bar? It will only work if you import Favourites from IE it seems. *Sad 15573
  10. Nested Folders in Edges Favourites Bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Nested Folders in Edges Favourites Bar: This is the major gripe I have with Edge right now - no nested folders like Firefox or IE. OK, you can nest folders sort of, but instead of showing the folder contents in situ when you click on the sub folder, you get a side menu that pops out on the right which shows all...