Windows 10: Edge feature which causes Edge to expand to full screen

Discus and support Edge feature which causes Edge to expand to full screen in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi I don't even know how to describe this well or search for the feature. I looked in a few places, nothing. It's one of the brilliant new, unwanted... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mrow22, Jun 29, 2021.

1. mrow22 Win User

Edge feature which causes Edge to expand to full screen

Hi I don't even know how to describe this well or search for the feature. I looked in a few places, nothing. It's one of the brilliant new, unwanted features these guys keep coming up with that all contribute to slower speeds and more frustration. My Edge browser jumps to full screen when I click on the top bar; it's never intentional. I do have a tremor, but I control my clicks pretty well. I don't want to have to think, when I size a window. Same things happen to Explorer File Manager (what to call it now?) and it's annoying enough and wasting enough time that I thought I'd check in and learn exactly where controls for things like these are. Also, just lately after another update, I've now got news popping up lower right hand corner; I don't want it, don't need the resource wasting feature. How to get rid of it. Any other tips? Like it or not, I'm now on 2004, (19041.1052) "So little time left, so much being wasted by Microsoft..." Thanks so much & Cheers, Don

:)

mrow22, Jun 29, 2021

2. Microsoft Edge - Features are missing!

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10 and bringing this to our notice.

We would suggest you to send a feedback by asking the feature you are looking for.

• Open the Edge, then click on more options(...).
    • Click on Send feedback.
    • Follow the on-line instructions.
    Refer to these steps to pin a website to start screen:

• Open the Edge, then click on more options(...).
    • Click on Pin to Start
    Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance.

Ganesh Achar B, Jun 29, 2021
  3. Jay Jap Win User
    Edge

Hello Jean,

To aid you with your concern, we suggest that you reset Microsoft Edge and Internet options to isolate/fix the issue. Here's how:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the More actions (Three dots) on Right top corner.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Then click Choose what to clear.
    • Then place a check on the options for Browsing history and other options that you do not use, then click Clear.

Note: The Reset Microsoft Edge Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Microsoft Edge Settings feature might also reset parental
    control settings. We recommend that you take note of these sites before you reset.

Next, reset the Internet explorer settings. Just follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard.
    • Type-in Internet Options and click on the first result on the list.
    • Click the Advanced tab.
    • Click the Reset button under Reset Internet Explorer settings.
    • Hit OK.
    • Relaunch Edge and check if it is working. Reboot machine if necessary.

Update us on the result after doing the said steps.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Jun 29, 2021
  4. Edge feature which causes Edge to expand to full screen

Edge Browser and Flash

Hi Kara,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. I suggest you to reset Microsoft edge and check if this helps. Follow the below steps.

• Navigate to the location:

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe

• Delete everything in this folder.

• Type Windows Powershell in search box.

• Right click on Windows Powershell and select Run as administrator.

• Copy and paste the following command.
    Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml" –Verbose}

Disclaimer: The Reset Edge Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Edge Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend
    that you note these sites before you use the Reset Edge Settings feature. Resetting Edge isn't reversible, and all previous settings are deleted.

Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 29, 2021
Thema:

Edge feature which causes Edge to expand to full screen

1. Edge feature which causes Edge to expand to full screen - Similar Threads - Edge feature causes

2. Expanding to full screen . . .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Expanding to full screen . . .: My computer is a, Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10My Windows 10 computer screen resolution, is set properly. But sometimes I watch a movie, that only fills part of the screen. How can I expand it, to fill the whole screen?I put this sentence, on YouTube. But it keeps, talking...
  3. Expanding to full screen . . .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Expanding to full screen . . .: My computer is a, Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10My Windows 10 computer screen resolution, is set properly. But sometimes I watch a movie, that only fills part of the screen. How can I expand it, to fill the whole screen?I put this sentence, on YouTube. But it keeps, talking...
  4. Expanding to full screen . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Edge: Unable to expand a narrow History window

in Browsers and Email
    Edge: Unable to expand a narrow History window: . I have Edge 89.0.774.57 (up to date), in Wind 10 Pro 2004 I open History by using Ctrl+H within Edge. Issue: The history is launched in a narrow window, with no tab bar. I can see the Today tab and half of the Yesterday tab (screenshot). There are no sizing handles at...
  6. Edge: Full-Screen "apps" not supported

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge: Full-Screen "apps" not supported: I've been trying to use edge's app install feature for video sites. however, in full screen mode they always display the url bar and title. is there any way to disable it? submitted by /u/knrd [link] [comments]...
  7. Full screen mode bug on Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Full screen mode bug on Edge: [ATTACH] Well, that's it. SOMETIMES when I watch a video in full screen mode on Edge, the taskbar keeps showing there. Any help? Thanks. https://preview.redd.it/l5090ksdz6e41.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=bc39d4b3e51ddc36463b7c4abf85036adc1a9adf submitted by...
  8. Default full screen in edge & explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default full screen in edge & explorer: Hello. Can anyone guide me how (if possible) to open file explorer and microsoft edge by default in full screen and not use f11 everytime to do it? If developers are answering and if it is not possible yet, is microsoft working on it ?...
  9. New Edge Feature

in Browsers and Email
    New Edge Feature: Not sure when this was added (might have been the most recent Edge update), but they now have a "Do not allow this site to open more dialogs" checkbox so those input hijacking websites that claim to be a virus, or from Microsoft can no longer be permanently locked out. It...
  10. Unable to Get Edge Back to Full Screen

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to Get Edge Back to Full Screen: Just installed the major update for windows 10. I was playing around with the 'Set these tabs aside'. Now there is a large section (I'm assuming it's a tab preview) at the top that I can't close. The address bar is now a quarter of the way down the screen. Any way to get...