Windows 10: Edge: Full-Screen "apps" not supported

Discus and support Edge: Full-Screen "apps" not supported in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've been trying to use edge's app install feature for video sites. however, in full screen mode they always display the url bar and title. is there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/knrd, Jun 6, 2020.

1. /u/knrd Win User

Edge: Full-Screen "apps" not supported

I've been trying to use edge's app install feature for video sites. however, in full screen mode they always display the url bar and title. is there any way to disable it?

submitted by /u/knrd
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/knrd, Jun 6, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 6, 2020
  3. After win10 anniversary install, ms edge always opens full screen.

Hi Joseph.

I would suggest you to run the Windows app troubleshooter and check.

Try these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Click view all in the left panel.
    • Select ‘Windows app ' and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Method 2:

I suggest you to follow the below given steps and check if issue is resolved:

• Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager.

• Right click in Microsoft Edge under app section.

• Click on details, click on microsoftedgeCP.exe
      and click End task.

• Click on End process if prompted.

• Repeat it for few times and check.
    Please post back your results for further assistance.

Karina Aris, Jun 6, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Edge: Full-Screen "apps" not supported - Similar Threads - Edge Full Screen

2. Taskbar and Full Screen Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar and Full Screen Apps: Hello! I'm having a problem that hasn't happened before yesterday. When opening apps from my taskbar things like Spotify, Discord and Chrome work perfectly fine but if I try to open a game that usually opens in full screen like Osu! then the taskbar and when I press alt+tab...
  3. Taskbar and Full Screen Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar and Full Screen Apps: Hello! I'm having a problem that hasn't happened before yesterday. When opening apps from my taskbar things like Spotify, Discord and Chrome work perfectly fine but if I try to open a game that usually opens in full screen like Osu! then the taskbar and when I press alt+tab...
  4. Edge feature which causes Edge to expand to full screen

in Browsers and Email
    Edge feature which causes Edge to expand to full screen: Hi I don't even know how to describe this well or search for the feature. I looked in a few places, nothing. It's one of the brilliant new, unwanted features these guys keep coming up with that all contribute to slower speeds and more frustration. My Edge browser jumps to...
  5. Full screen mode bug on Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Full screen mode bug on Edge: [ATTACH] Well, that's it. SOMETIMES when I watch a video in full screen mode on Edge, the taskbar keeps showing there. Any help? Thanks. https://preview.redd.it/l5090ksdz6e41.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=bc39d4b3e51ddc36463b7c4abf85036adc1a9adf submitted by...
  6. Full Screen Apps Minimizing

Full Screen Apps Minimizing: I have a two monitor set up. When I'm watching videos full screen on the Netflix app and Movies and Video player and I click on something on my other screen, apps automatically minimize my video and pause it. Is there some setting in windows where I can turn this off?...
  7. Default full screen in edge & explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default full screen in edge & explorer: Hello. Can anyone guide me how (if possible) to open file explorer and microsoft edge by default in full screen and not use f11 everytime to do it? If developers are answering and if it is not possible yet, is microsoft working on it ?...
  8. apps not working in full screen

apps not working in full screen: hey, i was wondering as to why my apps crash as soon as i put it i full screen, the apps are, asphalt 8, asphalt extreme, Minecraft, GT racing 2, Netflix and the Xbox app, for the Xbox app when i stream a game full screen it crashes immediately, oh yeah my computer is a 2014...
  9. when Edge is not full screen there is a missing scroll bar

in Browsers and Email
    when Edge is not full screen there is a missing scroll bar: When edge is not full screen there isn't a way to scroll from side to side. Shouldn't there be a scroll bar? 35801
  10. Unable to Get Edge Back to Full Screen

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to Get Edge Back to Full Screen: Just installed the major update for windows 10. I was playing around with the 'Set these tabs aside'. Now there is a large section (I'm assuming it's a tab preview) at the top that I can't close. The address bar is now a quarter of the way down the screen. Any way to get...