Windows 10: Edge got the new alt+tab feature which also introduced a new annoying bug

Discus and support Edge got the new alt+tab feature which also introduced a new annoying bug in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; On the 20H2 update and I disabled alt+tab multitasking to Open Windows Only. However switching between Edge and another app for about 5-7 times... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/whazaam, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Edge got the new alt+tab feature which also introduced a new annoying bug

On the 20H2 update and I disabled alt+tab multitasking to Open Windows Only. However switching between Edge and another app for about 5-7 times switches the second app for another app.

Lets say you have an App A and another App B. You're switching between Edge and App A. Keep alt+tabbing and at about 7th time you'll see that App B was focused instead of App A.

Please try and lemme know if you experience this as well

NOTE: Only happens on 20H2. Tried it on 3 PCs and happens on all of them

Update: Looks like other people are encountering this as well:

Possible Bug with ALT+TAB using Edge : MicrosoftEdge (reddit.com)

Windows 10 20H2 broke alt tab : sysadmin (reddit.com)

I'm baffled how they can break such a critical behaviour

submitted by /u/whazaam
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/whazaam, Nov 25, 2020

2. Edge new tab

Hi Niranjan,

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I did not see a direct answer in your response to Pat's question:

"How can I set new tab in Edge to google.co.uk".

Please rephrase your answer so an old computer dinosaur could understand it.

I believe Pat was asking how to have each “new tab” open to a specific web page; in his case to google.co.uk.

When I open a new tab:

• I DON'T want ‘"suggested content” which is like a MSN page with weather, news, and featured apps from Windows Store.’
    • I DON'T want a “Blank page”
    • I Do want the Google search page: google.com
    Admittedly, I’m new to Windows 10 and Windows Edge but it appears to me that Microsoft is making it very difficult (or impossible) to use non-Microsoft search engines
    or default to non-Microsoft web pages.

Hope you can dispel my concerns.

Thanks, Jack

JackThorworth, Nov 25, 2020
  3. Edge new tab

Hi Pat,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Especially for Edge, its New tab page also shows “suggested content” which is like a MSN page with weather, news, and featured apps from Windows Store.

Edge got the new alt+tab feature which also introduced a new annoying bug edge_newtab_10122_1.png

In Microsoft Edge, you have an option not to show the New tab page when you open a new tab. Just head to the ellipsis icon at the top right then select Settings. In Settings panel, you’ll see the option “Open new tab with.” In the drop-down menu, select
    “Blank page” to disable New tab page.

Edge got the new alt+tab feature which also introduced a new annoying bug edge_newtab_10122_2.png

Edge got the new alt+tab feature which also introduced a new annoying bug edge_newtab_10122_3.png

How to disable suggested content in New tab page

Suggested content has your information at a glance: weather, national news, local news, and even featured apps from the Store. Sometimes you don’t want to see this cluster and wish to hide it. To do that, you need to open Settings via the ellipsis icon.
    Then select “Top sites” in the drop-down menu of “Open new tab with.”

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Nov 25, 2020
  4. Edge got the new alt+tab feature which also introduced a new annoying bug

Edge new tab

Hello All,

Sorry for the delayed response from our end.

Please be informed that Edge open a new tab to a specific webpage every time you click the "+" button at the right of a tab. Customizable options available are

• Show top sites
    • Show top sites
    • My news feed
    However you can still enjoy the best of the best features of the Internet Explorer using Microsoft Edge browser page.

Follow below steps:

1. Open Microsoft Edge browser.

2. Tap the three-dot menu (More Actions) on the top right on any page that you want to open in Internet Explorer.

3. Select Open With Internet Explorer.

Your recommendation is a valuable feedback for us and a scope for further improvement.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thanks

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

Edge got the new alt+tab feature which also introduced a new annoying bug

1. Edge got the new alt+tab feature which also introduced a new annoying bug - Similar Threads - Edge got alt+tab

2. Alt + Tab Bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alt + Tab Bug: So right now, after I just updated windows because of auto update, the alt + tab shortcut is bugging, it can switch between windows like normal, but it won't display the windows that I have open and just allow me to blindly swtich windows. It used to display the windows and a...
  3. Alt-tab bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alt-tab bug: since the 20h2 update every time i alt-tab some times i get the wrong panels or screens i had preview open, so if i had panel 1 open and i tap to 2 and then i tap back...instead to tap to 1 i get on tap 3.... anyone else having this kind of issue with 20h2 ? submitted by...
  4. Bug with alt+tab?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bug with alt+tab?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Due_Entrance_9883 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/irck9l/bug_with_alttab/
  5. new tab open in new edge

in Browsers and Email
    new tab open in new edge: sometimes when i login after sleep a new tab opens in new edge by itself it is different everytime 158737
  6. Introducing the new Microsoft Edge and Bing

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing the new Microsoft Edge and Bing: The browser and search engine for business [ATTACH] In our mission to empower people with knowledge with Microsoft 365, one critical opportunity is the internet. We know that 60% of the time people spend on the PC is within the web browser, and it has become the primary...
  7. Introducing the new Microsoft Edge IT Center

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing the new Microsoft Edge IT Center: Looking for technical documentation and tools to help you customize and manage Microsoft Edge for your organization? Bookmark the Microsoft Edge IT Center, your one-stop shop for everything you need to support a modern web browsing experience. What’s new First, you’ll find...
  8. New Edge Feature

in Browsers and Email
    New Edge Feature: Not sure when this was added (might have been the most recent Edge update), but they now have a "Do not allow this site to open more dialogs" checkbox so those input hijacking websites that claim to be a virus, or from Microsoft can no longer be permanently locked out. It...
  9. Facebook introducing new Snooze feature

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook introducing new Snooze feature: One of our core News Feed values is giving people more control. Over the next week, we’re launching Snooze, which will give you the option to temporarily unfollow a person, Page or group for 30 days. By selecting Snooze in the top-right drop-down menu of a post, you won’t see...
  10. Introducing New Remote Sensing Features

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing New Remote Sensing Features: In a previous blog, we discussed the new contextual sensing features and innovations we added to the sensor platform. In today’s blog, we will take a moment to understand remote sensing and then take a peek at the new and upcoming projects related to it. Namely, OpenT2T and...