Windows 10: Edge GPO Customization Questions: Favorites bar, etc.

Discus and support Edge GPO Customization Questions: Favorites bar, etc. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hey guys, We're slowly but surely upgrading our employee workstations to Windows 10. Right now in our Windows domain, we have some group policy... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by drfsupercenter, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Edge GPO Customization Questions: Favorites bar, etc.

Hey guys,

We're slowly but surely upgrading our employee workstations to Windows 10. Right now in our Windows domain, we have some group policy objects in place that force the favorites bar to display in Internet Explorer, and also update/add our company intranet sites to the favorites bar upon login.

With IE, it was easy enough - you can just create the .lnk files in the favorites folder, and they show up.

I was doing some experimentation with Edge's favorites bar and it's not that simple. Creating links in there does nothing by itself, it looks like there's also some XML file that has metadata and links back to that file.

What I'd like to do via GPOs is to have the favorites bar displayed by default, and to have a list of favorites added to the favorites bars based on Active Directory group membership.

I imported the .admx files for Edge, but there aren't any settings for these. Is it possible to do via registry/other tweaks? We can import .reg files via GPO just fine, if a workaround of that fashion is needed.

Also, any way to have it set Google as the default search engine so people don't have to go do it the first time they log on? Most of our users aren't that knowledgeable so they'd end up using Bing without meaning to and are used to using Google.

:)

drfsupercenter, Sep 9, 2015

2. Tabs

Hi and Welcome!

Are you using Microsoft Edge? Or Internet Explorer 11?

If you are using Microsoft Edge, then the order of the Favorites Bar needs to be customized within the Favorites menu found from the top left "three lined" icon. Select Favorites, then Favorites bar and change the order there.

Masterchiefxx17, Sep 9, 2015
  3. Favorites Bar in Edge

I know all the instructions to turn on the Favorites Bar in Edge - Settings, etc., etc., but they don't work, at least on this Windows 10 computer. Does anyone know some other method of bringing up the Favorites bar in Edge?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

jamesquinlan_671, Sep 9, 2015
Thema:

Edge GPO Customization Questions: Favorites bar, etc.

1. Edge GPO Customization Questions: Favorites bar, etc. - Similar Threads - Edge GPO Customization

2. Question: Will I be able to show more things like Edge favorites on the favorites bar on a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question: Will I be able to show more things like Edge favorites on the favorites bar on a...: Seven years from now, starting July 15th, 2029, all my laptops will have at least a 16.0" full HD screen so I can fit 10 Edge favorites across my laptop's screen. Windows 11 will definitely not be my last version of Windows, and there should be Windows 11's successor since no...
  3. Edge favorites bar

in Browsers and Email
    Edge favorites bar: Hi, I have the Edge Favorites bar along the top of my home page. I have put many favorites along the top, I have selected " show icons only" to save space, however it keeps reverting back after about a day. I repeat this again, and it reverts back again. How can I prevent it...
  4. GPO Management Show Favorites bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    GPO Management Show Favorites bar: Hello, I hope I am in right spot. I am "cleaning" up the GPOs in a new facility I am currently at. And also just making general changes. One of the things that the previous IT staff didn't do was configure the OS at all. So there are computers (all Windows 10) and our RDS...
  5. Edge Favorites Bar Customization

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites Bar Customization: Is it possible to set the favorites on the favorites bar to just icons like you have the option in IE11? I'm right clicking all over this program, but I don't see hardly anything that can be customized. 28020
  6. Favorites from Firefox to Favorites BAR in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites from Firefox to Favorites BAR in Edge: I recently upgraded to Win 10 64 and have decided that I am going to use Edge as my default browser. I have followed the directions on 2 websites now that tell how to transfer favorites from Firefox to Edge and seem to have hit a little snag. I am trying to transfer my...
  7. Edge Favorites Bar Not Showing Additional Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites Bar Not Showing Additional Favorites: I have enough icons in the Edge favorites bar that they do not all show in a browser window. Before the Creator update, at the right end of the items that showed there was a down carrot that expanded vertically down to show a list of the remaining favorites beyond those...
  8. Display Favorites Bar in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Display Favorites Bar in Edge: I've been able to import my favorites from IE11 but no matter what I do I can not get the them to display across the top of the browser. Any suggestions? [img] 58771
  9. Edge Favorites Bar Order

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites Bar Order: Is it possible to set Edge NOT to put the items in the Favorites Bar in alphabetical order but rather let me put them in my own preferred order (as can be done in all other browsers, including IE)? Thanks Peter 18830
  10. How to add a favorite to favorites bar in Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How to add a favorite to favorites bar in Edge?: Hey gang, I can't seem to figure this one out. When I set up Win 10 a few days ago, I imported my IE settings into Edge. All my favorites are there, and the ones I had pinned to my favorites bar are there. But I can not seem to figure out, how to add a favorite to the...