Windows 10: Edge / Hacking

Discus and support Edge / Hacking in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This is the 2nd incident in less then 30 days I've had someone send a security alert while I was on Edge searching site, locking me out of the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BillHarper3, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Edge / Hacking

This is the 2nd incident in less then 30 days I've had someone send a security alert while I was on Edge searching site, locking me out of the internet. The hack says call 1 832 241 6596 to have the system unlocked. Can you chases these folks down and prevent them from on going scams of this nature? Your help is greatly appreciated.

:)

BillHarper3, Sep 4, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 4, 2019
  3. Microsoft Edge Hacked

I have some malware that has hacked my Edge browser. It says my computer has been attacked by a virus and there is a verbal computer based warning about this attack. There is no way I can close it other than going to task manager. When I restart Edge it starts up on the same page. Is there some way of starting Edge without it going to this site? It seems my start page has been hacked. I have been using it and getting used to it but now have reverted back to Firefox until I get this fixed.
    Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance.

captaindon130, Sep 4, 2019
  4. Edge / Hacking

Microsoft Edge Hacked

I have the same problem and tried everything...still there.

benarnold45, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

Edge / Hacking

1. Edge / Hacking - Similar Threads - Edge Hacking

2. Can you get your Windows hacked by a Google,Firefox, or Edge Search?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can you get your Windows hacked by a Google,Firefox, or Edge Search?: This is a genuine question from me that I always ask myself. If I stay on the results page, am I safe? Is it likely or is it not? Sorry for all the questions but I have one more, how does it work if possible? Google , Firefox , and Edge...
  3. Can you get your Windows hacked by a Google,Firefox, or Edge Search?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you get your Windows hacked by a Google,Firefox, or Edge Search?: This is a genuine question from me that I always ask myself. If I stay on the results page, am I safe? Is it likely or is it not? Sorry for all the questions but I have one more, how does it work if possible? Google , Firefox , and Edge...
  4. Can you get your Windows hacked by a Google,Firefox, or Edge Search?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is there a hack where you can add " set as background " when right clicking in EDGE? Itd be...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a hack where you can add " set as background " when right clicking in EDGE? Itd be...: Is there a hack where you can add " set as background " when right clicking in EDGE? Itd be alot better than having to save the picture first. submitted by /u/Mach1Padilla [link] [comments]...
  6. My Microsoft Edge browser is hacked or infected with a malicious application.

My Microsoft Edge browser is hacked or infected with a malicious application.: Good day. Please help. I really need Rob Koch from Microsoft Support. My Microsoft Edge browser is hacked or infected with a malicious application. My internet connection is hijacked. At the moment, I can tell that I'm only connecting via ipv6. I can't download another...
  7. I really need Rob Koch from Microsoft Support. My Microsoft Edge browser is hacked or...

I really need Rob Koch from Microsoft Support. My Microsoft Edge browser is hacked or...: Good day. Please help. I really need Rob Koch from Microsoft Support. My Microsoft Edge browser is hacked or infected with a malicious application. My internet connection is hijacked. At the moment, I can tell that I'm only connecting via ipv6. I can't download another...
  8. Microsoft New and Old Edge Registry Hack Not working, Or Is i'm doing anything wrong?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft New and Old Edge Registry Hack Not working, Or Is i'm doing anything wrong?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/vikasvenky [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dv5nwf/microsoft_new_and_old_edge_registry_hack_not/
  9. Has Microsoft/Edge been hacked?

Has Microsoft/Edge been hacked?: While using Microsoft Edge the MSN home page refreshes and a new page automatically opens up. This has happened a number of times and I'm not sure if all of the links are the same but I have copied and pasted the latest one here:...
  10. weird MS Edge browser attemted hack ?

weird MS Edge browser attemted hack ?: Someone used Edge to attempt to login as user 'meisterB' in one of my financial accounts, as when I opened Edge and went to that website, the username meisterB was filled in as if remembered. I never use Edge, never, except this time. It worries me. This happened while I have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 832-241-6596

2. who is 832-241-6596?