Windows 10: Edge has become unstable for me in the last ~2 months: any fix?

Discus and support Edge has become unstable for me in the last ~2 months: any fix? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Folks, I switched to Edge as soon as I switched to W10. As my title states, in the last few months it's become unstable. It, without warning,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by iamc3k, Aug 15, 2017.

1. iamc3k Win User

Edge has become unstable for me in the last ~2 months: any fix?

Folks,

I switched to Edge as soon as I switched to W10. As my title states, in the last few months it's become unstable.

It, without warning, will shutdown and disappear. All tabs, all instances, just gone. Upon restart, all the tabs are there. I have no clue what's causing it or how to troubleshoot it or how to prevent this behavior.

Because of this instability, I've been forced to rely on Chrome and Brave (which I'm experimenting with) for browsing. (Sudden crashes erase work/progress. For example, I lost 2 hours of online training yesterday. I had to repeat it.)

Possibly related: some online video will not play in Edge, but is flawless in Chrome.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Ken

:)

iamc3k, Aug 15, 2017

2. edge becomes unstable

Hi Syed,

There are different reasons why your Edge is not responding. For us to better assist you with your concern, we’d like to know the following:

• When did the issue start?
    • Have you made any changes on your system?
    • Have you performed an update on your Windows?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, can you send us a screenshot?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Amylove Loy, Aug 15, 2017
  3. How can I import Bookmarks and Save Passwords from Google Chrome to Edge Browser?

Literally , the only thing keeping me from switching to edge after Chrome has become so unstable of late...

vinayshiva, Aug 15, 2017
  4. torre Win User

Google "Nag" on Edge

Initially, may try to reset Edge. Post 10 in the above thread shows a super image of reset.

For the video issue, Settings/Advanced Settings, scroll down to make sure Flash is on.

torre, Aug 15, 2017
  5. iamc3k Win User
    Thanks for the reset pointer. I've just done that. I'll see how it goes.

As to the Flash enable, it was already set to being on.

Thanks,
    Ken

iamc3k, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Edge has become unstable for me in the last ~2 months: any fix? - Similar Threads - Edge has become

2. unable to install any printer for last 6 months

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unable to install any printer for last 6 months: Hello, My wife and I have the same Asus ROG laptops. Her computer works with any printer no issue. mine has stopped communicating, installing, or finding any printer about 6 months ago. I have tried our Epson, I have tried our HP and both wifi and USB configurations on...
  3. Unstable Edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unstable Edge: Easy way to reinstall Microsoft Edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unstable-edge/24dd8463-ef5f-4db8-aa2f-b57fe6a64dc7
  4. Bluetooth hardware has become invisible for the third time in a month on two different...

Bluetooth hardware has become invisible for the third time in a month on two different...: Having had the same thing happen three times in a month on two different computers, I suspect that there must be something more profound going on... About a month ago my Bluetooth devices on my main desktop PC suddenly stopped working. On investigation, I noticed that in...
  5. windows 10 has become slow and unstable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 has become slow and unstable: windows 10 has become slow and unstable Start up often fails and requires rebooting. video often hangs up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-has-become-slow-and-unstable/8d18645d-d6c6-4c8c-a7d7-5d6865bac831
  6. My Mail app has become unstable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Mail app has become unstable: Trying to compose an email this morning and the app keeps shutting down. When I look in drafts, it won't load the email and will eventually shut down again. I can reopen the app and browse through received mail, but whenever I start to create an email, it shuts down. I am...
  7. Bluetooth becomes unstable after paring a second device

Bluetooth becomes unstable after paring a second device: Hi, I have had the same issue with Bluetooth connection on three different Windows laptops, all of which have Windows 10 as the operating system. Whenever I pair a second Bluetooth device, whether it is a mouse, keyboard, or a pair of Bluetooth headphones, the connection...
  8. Backup and Restore utility become unstable

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup and Restore utility become unstable: Hello, got following issue as described in title without any reason. No major changes in OS been done since last fully functional back-up was run. And now Backup window gives me "no responding" title, but most importantly it gives me error code "0x80070578" (Invalid Window...
  9. System become very unstable, freezes, no BSOD?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System become very unstable, freezes, no BSOD?: From the beggining when I installed win10, 2 months ago, I didnt have any major problems with system. yesterday I experienced freeze, not even bluescreen but system just collapsed so I could only press reset button. Tried to reboot but it wont. I had 2x4GB kingston ram,...
  10. Windows 10 has started randomly freezing in the last month

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 has started randomly freezing in the last month: Hi all, I have a desktop PC which is about 4 years old and I upgraded it to Windows 10 as soon as it was available. I have had no problems since the upgrade until very recently. However in the last month or so, Windows has started freezing randomly after about 20-40...