Windows 10: Edge has become unstable for me in the last ~2 months: any fix?

Discus and support Edge has become unstable for me in the last ~2 months: any fix? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Folks, I switched to Edge as soon as I switched to W10. As my title states, in the last few months it's become unstable. It, without warning,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by iamc3k, Aug 15, 2017.

1. iamc3k Win User

Edge has become unstable for me in the last ~2 months: any fix?

Folks,

I switched to Edge as soon as I switched to W10. As my title states, in the last few months it's become unstable.

It, without warning, will shutdown and disappear. All tabs, all instances, just gone. Upon restart, all the tabs are there. I have no clue what's causing it or how to troubleshoot it or how to prevent this behavior.

Because of this instability, I've been forced to rely on Chrome and Brave (which I'm experimenting with) for browsing. (Sudden crashes erase work/progress. For example, I lost 2 hours of online training yesterday. I had to repeat it.)

Possibly related: some online video will not play in Edge, but is flawless in Chrome.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Ken

:)

iamc3k, Aug 15, 2017

2. edge becomes unstable

Hi Syed,

There are different reasons why your Edge is not responding. For us to better assist you with your concern, we’d like to know the following:

• When did the issue start?
    • Have you made any changes on your system?
    • Have you performed an update on your Windows?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, can you send us a screenshot?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Amylove Loy, Aug 15, 2017
  3. How can I import Bookmarks and Save Passwords from Google Chrome to Edge Browser?

Literally , the only thing keeping me from switching to edge after Chrome has become so unstable of late...

vinayshiva, Aug 15, 2017
  4. torre Win User

Google "Nag" on Edge

Initially, may try to reset Edge. Post 10 in the above thread shows a super image of reset.

For the video issue, Settings/Advanced Settings, scroll down to make sure Flash is on.

torre, Aug 15, 2017
  5. iamc3k Win User
    Thanks for the reset pointer. I've just done that. I'll see how it goes.

As to the Flash enable, it was already set to being on.

Thanks,
    Ken

iamc3k, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Edge has become unstable for me in the last ~2 months: any fix? - Similar Threads - Edge has become

2. Touchpad become unstable while charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad become unstable while charging: I don't know what's going on with my laptop, usually it doesn't matter if it's charging or not. But suddenly now it's a problem. Many say this is a grounding problem. But even though I use the same charger. I am using Windows 10.Steps I've taken to improve:1. Reinstall the...
  3. Touchpad become unstable while charging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad become unstable while charging: I don't know what's going on with my laptop, usually it doesn't matter if it's charging or not. But suddenly now it's a problem. Many say this is a grounding problem. But even though I use the same charger. I am using Windows 10.Steps I've taken to improve:1. Reinstall the...
  4. Touchpad become unstable while charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Becoming Unstable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Becoming Unstable: Hello. Windows 11 has been acting up this week. I don't know what started it, but my taskbar freezes and the start menu now refuses to open sometimes still does this after Windows Explorer is restarted. It appears that "wsappx", or specifically "AppX Deployment Service",...
  6. Windows Becoming Unstable

Windows Becoming Unstable: Hello. Windows 11 has been acting up this week. I don't know what started it, but my taskbar freezes and the start menu now refuses to open sometimes still does this after Windows Explorer is restarted. It appears that "wsappx", or specifically "AppX Deployment Service",...
  7. Microsoft Store is not working properly. It has not installed any update for the last 2 months.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store is not working properly. It has not installed any update for the last 2 months.: I am getting the errors as shown in the below images.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-is-not-working-properly-it-has-not/ceaa0521-e38a-42e2-a889-09f19f4368d5
  8. Unstable Edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unstable Edge: Easy way to reinstall Microsoft Edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unstable-edge/24dd8463-ef5f-4db8-aa2f-b57fe6a64dc7
  9. windows 10 has become slow and unstable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 has become slow and unstable: windows 10 has become slow and unstable Start up often fails and requires rebooting. video often hangs up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-has-become-slow-and-unstable/8d18645d-d6c6-4c8c-a7d7-5d6865bac831
  10. My Mail app has become unstable

My Mail app has become unstable: Trying to compose an email this morning and the app keeps shutting down. When I look in drafts, it won't load the email and will eventually shut down again. I can reopen the app and browse through received mail, but whenever I start to create an email, it shuts down. I am...