Windows 10: Edge has no Internet connection. But Chrome works fine.

Discus and support Edge has no Internet connection. But Chrome works fine. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi guys! Thank you for reading my problem! I got my laptop last year with Windows 10 preinstalled. For some reason, Edge doesn't have Internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by boyuchen, Sep 22, 2018.

1. boyuchen Win User

Edge has no Internet connection. But Chrome works fine.

Hi guys!

Thank you for reading my problem!

I got my laptop last year with Windows 10 preinstalled. For some reason, Edge doesn't have Internet connection. Every time I open it, it will say show the following:

Hmmm...can’t reach this page
    Try this

• Make sure you’ve got the right web address: https://www.msn.com
    • Search for "https://www.msn.com" on Bing
    • Refresh the page
    Details

But the Internet is properly connected. Chrome works fine and so do other Apps like WhatsApp, Outlook 2016, Google Keep, etc.

If I restart my laptop, sometimes in the notification this will pop up.

If I click it, this will pop up.

If I click Fix now, this happens.

Cortana is also not working. It would ask me to sign in my Microsoft account. But every time it will say something went wrong, try again later.

Thanks again for your time! Please help me fix this.

:)

boyuchen, Sep 22, 2018

2. google chrome got no internet connection but edge works fine

google chrome got no internet connection but edge works fine after update

SilentKiller2, Sep 22, 2018
  3. Windows 10 is not connecting the internet where chrome is working fine in the same platform

• Is there an error message when you try to connect to the internet using your Windows 10 PC?
    No there is not any error message it just do not connect and open a blank page as internet explorer shows when net is disconnected.

• How were you able to download Google Chrome browser?
    • I already have chrome browser when i was on windows 7 after updated to windows 10 few days it connected with net but after that i don't know what happened as i often use chrome hence do not get any need of edge, but when i noticed windows is not
      updating then tried to connect and failed.
    • What happens when you use Microsoft Edge browser?
    Hmm, we can't reach this page.
    • Have you tried to connect other devices to the internet and see if it works? If all devices are unable to connect to the internet, it can be that the issue is with your internet service provider. If it is only your Windows 10 PC that is unable to connect
      to the internet, check out this link for the troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the issue.
    There is a proper internet connection in my pc and in the same pc and same OS i can connect through chrome or any other browser.

jsk.smishra, Sep 22, 2018
  4. Arul_D Win User

Upgraded to Windows 10. Edge doesn't connect to internet, but Chrome Firefox do

Hi TracerX,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to refer to the following suggestion provided by SpiritX MS MVP replied on October 14, 2015.

Edge not connecting to internet. Chrome and other programs work fine.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...nd-other/98230a0d-4661-41ec-94e9-6242fd4a2150

Hope it helps. For any further Windows related assistance, feel free to contact us and we will be glad to help.

Arul_D, Sep 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Edge has no Internet connection. But Chrome works fine. - Similar Threads - Edge has Internet

2. Showing no connection but internet is working fine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Showing no connection but internet is working fine: Hi, we are using Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19043.1202] and we are facing issue "Showing no connection but internet is working fine" Outlook and Teams are not working .We had check the registry setting...
  3. No Internet connection and its work just fine.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Internet connection and its work just fine.: Fresh Windows 10 Install for a new PC.. Maybe this is not new for most of you all..but this is new to me.. same with my name Nubi (newbie) i thought i cant install windows without microsoft accounts... Key points: Dont go Online too soon.. If you're free u can drop...
  4. INTERNET IS CONNECTED AND WORKS FINE BUT IT SHOWS NO INTERNET ACCESS

INTERNET IS CONNECTED AND WORKS FINE BUT IT SHOWS NO INTERNET ACCESS: Hello, Good Day! My WiFi works fine .When I connect my WiFi it to laptop , it gets connected but it shows no internet access . But internet works. I can browse google, play games and watch videos in youtube and stream netflix in my laptop. Network icon shows no internet....
  5. Edge can't get Internet, 365 can't sign in, Chrome is fine.

Edge can't get Internet, 365 can't sign in, Chrome is fine.: On one of our domain computers at my work, I've come across something strange. Chrome is able to open and access the internet, surf everything just fine. Edge, however, says there is no connection. Office365 can't sign in while in Word, Excel, or any other program. I...
  6. Programs not connected to the Internet, but browsers work fine

Programs not connected to the Internet, but browsers work fine: Hello, for some reason my programs are not able to connect to the Internet. My Spotify says it is Offline, my Steam says it has no connection, as well as my other programs. I am currently using Chrome, but my Microsoft Edge also works perfectly fine. I do not have an...
  7. Windows 10 is not connecting the internet where chrome is working fine on the same PC

Windows 10 is not connecting the internet where chrome is working fine on the same PC: Hi - since defragmenting my system disk, Windows 10 is not connecting the internet although Chrome is working fine on the same machine. Since a week my windows 10 is not connecting through net therefore I am totally unable for any updates of windows apps. Chrome is working...
  8. New Windows 10 install - Chrome cannot connect to Internet however Edge and Firefox work fine

New Windows 10 install - Chrome cannot connect to Internet however Edge and Firefox work fine: I am trying to use chrome on a new windows 10 install. It sometimes works on 1 wesbite and then I get "site can't be reached" error. It seems to be stuck on "trying to establish a secure connection". I have also installed Opera and Firefox. Edge and Firefox work just...
  9. Issue with Google Chrome loading but Internet Explorer works fine

Issue with Google Chrome loading but Internet Explorer works fine: I have a windows 10, MSI gaming laptop and recently had a hard drive failure. Swapped the HHD out for a SSD. I booted into a Recovery USB and windows loaded. Soon after I started seeing issues with google chrome. Before the hard drive failure I never once saw an issue with...
  10. Windows 10 home 18.03 - not recognising internet connection - MS Edge works fine

Windows 10 home 18.03 - not recognising internet connection - MS Edge works fine: I have internet connection as I can post on this forum with MS Edge, but windows 10 and office does not recognise it since I upgraded to 18.03 (current build is 17134.48 - Network card drivers updated from manufacturer website are up-to-date). The wi-fi icon is showing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chrome no internet edge works

2. edge no internet but chrome works

3. chrome no internet but edge is fine

4. no internet connect with edge,
  5. err_address_unreachable on chrome but works fine on edge,
  6. edge no connection,
  7. chrome no internet but edge has,
  8. edge no internet connection but chrome works,
  9. edge has no internet connection,
  10. no internet from edge,
  11. chrome working but edge no connection,