Windows 10: Edge Home button...

Discus and support Edge Home button... in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Strike 2 here.... Still have no Home button. And I've turned on the add Home button in advanced settings. I even followed a link I saw on this web site... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by davisad, Aug 31, 2015.

1. davisad Win User

Edge Home button...

Strike 2 here.... Still have no Home button. And I've turned on the add Home button in advanced settings. I even followed a link I saw on this web site to add it to the registry.... still no home button. Do I have a faulty Edge here?*Redface

:)

davisad, Aug 31, 2015

2. home button in edge

Hi,

I suggest you to try resetting Edge and check if it helps to resolve the issue.
    Refer the steps below to reset Edge.

Steps:-

• First of all launch Microsoft Edge Browser.
    • After that click on “More action” option which is visible at top right side of the browser and you will see “Settings” option.
    • Under “Settings” scroll down and you will see a button “Choose what to clear” under “Clear browsing data” option.
    • Once you click on this option you will see list of feature like
    • Browsing History
    • Cookies and saved website data
    • Cached data and file
    • Download history
    • Form data
    • Password.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Aug 31, 2015
  3. neil256 Win User
    home button in edge

I try to turn on the home button in advance setting it is set to off but every time I click on it to turn it on it takes me to the edge page where do you want to go. nev er let me toggle the switch. Can any one help

neil256, Aug 31, 2015
  4. Edge Home button...

bamashooter, Sep 1, 2015
  5. davisad Win User
    No I had already looked and changed the resolution like a few of those other folks did in the link u sent. Hopefully Microsoft will get their act together soon and get these things fixed. But thanks!

davisad, Sep 1, 2015
  6. My Home icon will appear if I toggle it off/on...maybe 1 out of every 5 attempts. But, it will always disappear when Edge is re-opened for another session later in the day. What's really weird is that when I toggle the Home icon on-off / off-on, the space where the Home icon/button should be expands and contracts horizontally, as if the Home button is there/not there, but it's invisible, 4 out of 5 times. Very strange behavior.

AllenChicago, Sep 7, 2015
  7. davisad Win User
    Wow... At least I know it's not just me. Tks!

davisad, Sep 7, 2015
  8. Edge Home button...

This is startling. I've since found that the HOME button/icon is not missing. It's there, but invisible to the naked eye! I can hover my mouse arrow over that spot, and the little "Home" word will appear. I can click on that empty spot and the browser whisks me to my Home page.

Conversely, if I turn off the Home icon, the right arrow slides over to that spot and disappears. And just like with the invisible Home icon, I can click on that empty spot and go forward one web page.

This "stealthed spot" on my browser is activated in both Dark and Light themes. I've reported it to M.S., but have no idea what could be the culprit, other than defective source code. Hopefully the brains as Microsoft will figure out that reports of missing Home or Right Arrow buttons are caused by this defect and are not being imagined.

AllenChicago, Sep 16, 2015
  9. After this latest Windows-10 "Threshold" update, my Edge "Home" icon/button disappeared again. I played around with the Display settings and found out that if you go over +115% display scaling, the home button can't be seen, or clicked on. Drop to +115% (or less) and there's your home button right next to Edge's "refresh" icon/button. It used to work up to +120%. Very strange behavior, because nothing else seems to be missing from Edge, except the usual holes in its functionality. (i.e. Lack features with the Back Button, PDF view, Printing, etc..)

AllenChicago, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Edge Home button...

1. Edge Home button... - Similar Threads - Edge Home button

2. cannot find customise button anywhere on edge home page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot find customise button anywhere on edge home page: cannot find customize button on edge home page . Used to have autos and travel gone and cannot get back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-find-customise-button-anywhere-on-edge-home/2decf0a3-ebb3-4003-a248-445974f806bf
  3. Add or Remove Assistance Home Button on Toolbar in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Add or Remove Assistance Home Button on Toolbar in Microsoft Edge: Starting with Microsoft Edge Canary version 91.0.848.0 and later, Microsoft has added a new Assistance Home button on the toolbar that shows information about new features and settings, and quick settings like "Set Edge as the default browser", "Read better with Microsoft...
  4. microsoft edge button

in Windows 10 Customization
    microsoft edge button: why did microsoft edge button disappear from taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-button/acda7fb1-c824-4d18-b983-2a9ae073a1bd
  5. Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge: For some reason i cannot set the Home button on the top bar on Microsoft Edge .I have followed the Advanced Settings with no luck.I have attached a image of what i mean. 42558
  6. Can't get Edge home button to go to home page!

in Browsers and Email
    Can't get Edge home button to go to home page!: So, I have defined a home page in Edge Settings, and when I open Edge, it goes to that page. However, when I click on the Home button (with a house symbol) in the top bar, it doesn't go to the home page, but just Top Sites and suggested content as per that defined in new tab...
  7. home button

in Browsers and Email
    home button: I have set yahoo as my home page, when I open edge that is what opens, if I go to another site and then hit the home button msn opens, I check in settings and yahoo is still my home page, I close edge and reopen and yahoo is there, why is it doing this and how do I stop msn...
  8. Mirosoft Edge - Add Home button via Group Policy or Registry

in Browsers and Email
    Mirosoft Edge - Add Home button via Group Policy or Registry: Hi all, I am in need of help. Need to get the Home button and the URL set via GPO or Registry for Edge. The device is joined to the domain and I have found some registry settings, but it does not seem to work. Even though the registry settings have been applied....
  9. MS Edge Home Button Not Showing Up?

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge Home Button Not Showing Up?: In the advanced setting I have the button turned on to show the Home button. But, there is a space for it next to the refresh icon, but no button itself (blank area)? If I turn the setting off the space goes away, turning it back on the space appears again, but no...
  10. Add or Remove Home Button in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Home Button in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Home Button in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Home Button in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge home button yahoo