Windows 10: Edge Home Screen/Desktop

Discus and support Edge Home Screen/Desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I used my desktop Windows 10 touchscreen on my new Dell Inspiron 5488 AIO a big pain in the **** to do--about 6 steps; surely that can't be rightand... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Krandall1790, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Edge Home Screen/Desktop

I used my desktop Windows 10 touchscreen on my new Dell Inspiron 5488 AIO a big pain in the **** to do--about 6 steps; surely that can't be rightand when I toggled back to the mouse/keyboard the homescreen/desktop didn't revert to how it was originally. I have--I don't know what it's called since I'm new to W10--but lots of blocks of apps and programs and whhen I hit my Start/Windows button what comes up isn't the regular list of programs.

Can anyone help me get back to my original desktop with just my wallpaper and nothing else? I'm trying really hard to like Win 10 and Edge but I' really just this close to going back to Chrome. And I'm REALLY missing my Gateway all-in-one about now.

Thanks,

Krandall

:)

Krandall1790, Feb 16, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 16, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 16, 2020
  4. TIGR Win User

Edge Home Screen/Desktop

Poll: Desktop Screen Size

This goes along with my Desktop Screen Res poll. A lot of people have been posting their monitor size in addition to voting in the poll, but I wanted to make an actual poll to put the screen size votes in a more easily readable format.

This is for desktop systems, not laptops. I've tried to include all screen sizes that people are likely to have; if yours is not listed, round up. If you have multiple, different-sized screens, check all that apply. I've also listed projectors as an option.

I didn't list individual sizes over 32" as these are typically not intended as PC monitors; just select "Larger."

Thema:

Edge Home Screen/Desktop

1. Edge Home Screen/Desktop - Similar Threads - Edge Home Screen

2. Invisible "fence" on edges of desktop screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invisible "fence" on edges of desktop screen: Windows 10 placed an invisible border around the desktop that is ridiculous. When I try to drag shortcuts near the edge, it THROWS them somewhere else. How do I get rid of that invisible "fence?" It is totally annoying, and really messes things up....
  3. Invisible "fence" on edges of desktop screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Invisible "fence" on edges of desktop screen: Windows 10 placed an invisible border around the desktop that is ridiculous. When I try to drag shortcuts near the edge, it THROWS them somewhere else. How do I get rid of that invisible "fence?" It is totally annoying, and really messes things up....
  4. Invisible "fence" on edges of desktop screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Desktop, Edge.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop, Edge.: Any ideas as to why my desktop icons have become opaque? Also, the background picture has been fogged. Icons on the taskbar keep disappearing, Why does something have to be messed up every time there's an update? And don't get me started on Edge. If it doesn't stop with it's...
  6. Edge - Home Screen News are Now in English?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge - Home Screen News are Now in English?: Last two days now the news on my home screen in Edge (the new one) is in english and not my native language. Windows, Edge settings and home page language is all set to my region so this is not the problem. It happened like two days ago and it only affects the 'My News'...
  7. edge desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    edge desktop: It"s nice to see the new update on edge, but you still need to make it easier to click on something and put it on the desktop with having the whole file follow it. Make it like it was on the original microsoft. You would right click on am item and you could put it on the...
  8. No Home Icon on "Edge"

in Browsers and Email
    No Home Icon on "Edge": Anyone know of any changes or workarounds 8371
  9. Home screen Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Home screen Edge: Hello all. I installed the windows ten a few days ago all went okay. But when I open up the new edge explorer the only thing I see is the search bar,As when I open edge on my wife's pc it has the search bar and below that there are clips of todays news etc. Mine is...
  10. Edge Home button...

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Home button...: Strike 2 here.... Still have no Home button. And I've turned on the add Home button in advanced settings. I even followed a link I saw on this web site to add it to the registry.... still no home button. Do I have a faulty Edge here?*Redface 20528