Windows 10: Edge: how to add a top site

Discus and support Edge: how to add a top site in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have been looking how to add a site to "Top sites"in Edge. Also tried to find out in the past how to do it with IE. In my favourites, I store many... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by turboman, Dec 5, 2015.

1. turboman Win User

Edge: how to add a top site

I have been looking how to add a site to "Top sites"in Edge. Also tried to find out in the past how to do it with IE.
    In my favourites, I store many websites. But the sites I use daily, I would like to add to top sites.
    I would not like to wait until Edge decides when to add it to top sites.
    If I find an interesting website, I would like to force Edge to add it to "top sites".
    Anyone any idea how to do it?

:)

turboman, Dec 5, 2015

2. Windows Edge

How do I add new top sites to edge?

DennisLinnert, Dec 5, 2015
  3. WP_JS Win User
    edge shortcut in taskbar

To add a website shortcut to the MS Edge task bar, first open Edge and enter website's address. Add this site to Favorites using the star icon on top right of screen. Next, open Edge's Hub by clicking on Hub's icon (icon has three horizontal lines and
    is located on top right of screen). Find the site you just saved in favorites and drag it to the very top of the list and drop it into the folder called "Favorites Hub". Your website's shortcut should now appear on the task bar.

WP_JS, Dec 5, 2015
  4. Edge: how to add a top site

How I do it with Edge is two ways.
    You can use either one
    (1) Click on the site or page you want
    Then click the star button
    Then add to Favourites Bar

(2) Or click on page then more where the 3 dots are
    Once open click Pin this page to start

Once done all you have to do is click on them and they open straight away

Hope that helped

hTconeM9user, Dec 5, 2015
  5. davidhk Win User
    Suggestion ......... my preference only
    Dump the Edge.
    Use IE11.

davidhk, Dec 5, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    How is a comment like that suppose to solve the OP's problem?
    If he didn't want to use Edge, he wouldn't be.

@turboman, like Donald above said, try using Favorites(bookmarks) and maybe turn on the Favorites bar*Smile
    Top sites are from your browsing history and if you clean that(on PC and/or search engine), it starts over to rebuild a cache.
    If like me, you don't clean, still it only moves up what you actually visit.

Cliff S, Dec 5, 2015
  7. davidhk Win User
    I did not say I have a solution for the OP.
    I just posted my preference, IE11 over Edge.
    That is why I specified " My preference only ".

I am entitled to my own opinion, am I ?

davidhk, Dec 5, 2015
  8. Cliff S New Member

He was looking for a solution, not an opinion or survey. Sorry if that reads hard, it's not meant to be.*Smile

Cliff S, Dec 5, 2015
  9. davidhk Win User
    I have seen suggestion using Macrium Reflect when the original poster was asking question about using the built-in Windows 10 System Image Backup.

I don't see an uproar. Instead many agreed to the choice.
    If the argument was ............
    Using marium reflect is a solution.
    Then so does using IE11 a solution to the OP.

davidhk, Dec 5, 2015
  10. Thank you if he had of asked about doing it in IE11 I would of told him that way also.

But like you put he wants to know how to do it with Edge Browser which I have used from day one
    Even posted how to add to favourites bar months ago.

hTconeM9user, Dec 5, 2015
  11. SteveARG Win User
    Move your cursor to a blank box in the favorites section, then right click your mouse. A small box will open up where you put in the address of the site you want to save. After you enter that, click on the picture of the pin to pin it to your Top Sites.

SteveARG, Mar 17, 2017
  12. lx07 Win User
    That is excellent. I've no idea how I missed that.

And you can delete sites too.

Thema:

1. Edge: how to add a top site - Similar Threads - Edge add top

2. Add a site to 'Saved password' in Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add a site to 'Saved password' in Edge: I wish to move or add currently in use passwords to the Save Password list in Edge>Profile>Passwords. Some are listed under NEVER, I now want them in SAVED....
  3. Add a site to 'Saved password' in Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add a site to 'Saved password' in Edge: I wish to move or add currently in use passwords to the Save Password list in Edge>Profile>Passwords. Some are listed under NEVER, I now want them in SAVED....
  4. Add a site to 'Saved password' in Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to get colored the background of the Top-Sites in Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How to get colored the background of the Top-Sites in Edge?: Hello together, I use Microsoft Edge 44.18362.449.0 and mostly the background color of the Top-Sites is white like here: [img] Sometimes, it is really rare, they are colored like yesterday, but only for a short time: [img] Does anyone know, why it is like this? I...
  6. 1809 and 'Top Sites' in Edge no longer configurable.

in Browsers and Email
    1809 and 'Top Sites' in Edge no longer configurable.: Following a clean installation of 1809 I'm finding that my top sites are not able to be moved around as you could in previous versions. Trying to drag a tile to the left or right simply places the No Entry sign over it meaning 'you can not do this'. Anyone else noticed this...
  7. Edges' Top Sites won't stick!

in Browsers and Email
    Edges' Top Sites won't stick!: Monday morning (5/15/2017), after MS updated prior to shutdown, my computer would not boot up come morning. I could only access boot options via F12 (long story) did a restore via back-up stored on an external Hdd. After got back up & running, the Top Sites icons in Edge...
  8. Edge - Top Sites wiped out ( blank) ?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge - Top Sites wiped out ( blank) ?: Hey gang, I installed Windows 10 a couple of days ago and really like it so far. I have been trying out the new MS Edge browser. I noticed up towards the top in Top Sites it would populate with websites I visit frequently. Kind of like it did in IE previously when one...
  9. Edge - Top Sites list randomly empty

in Browsers and Email
    Edge - Top Sites list randomly empty: Just curious if this is unique to me or if others see this, and/or if it is a known bug. I oftentimes will use the top sites list to click on a webpage, I click on a new tab and that list is populated with the 8 most used sites I go to. Oftentimes, I will click on a new...
  10. Microsoft Edge Top Sites

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Top Sites: I have a bit of a problem, in the Edge address bar are top sites that you have visited. I need to know how to turn that feature off for privacy reasons. Sure its helpful and saves you typing if you go to that particular website very often but what if you let someone use your...