Windows 10: Edge - How to give folders new name?

Discus and support Edge - How to give folders new name? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm creating new folders in Edge and try to give them new names, but when I right click the folder and click "Give new name", the name is not saved. It... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by joebilly, Oct 20, 2015.

1. joebilly Win User

Edge - How to give folders new name?

I'm creating new folders in Edge and try to give them new names, but when I right click the folder and click "Give new name", the name is not saved. It says "New folder" whatever I try to do.

How to save new name in folders?

:)

joebilly, Oct 20, 2015

2. Problem in renaming a Favourites folder in Windows 10

Old title; windows edge

Have managed to save my Favourites and have them in a new folder.

When I try to rename the folder, for example when I rename the folder to "magic", as soon as I move the curser, it returns to being "new Folder".

How do I make the folder keep the new title I give it?

carerslave, Oct 20, 2015
  3. oherb40 Win User
    Win 10 anomalies -- like a beta, not a release

A similar list could be made for why IE & Edge should always be kept simultaneously on your wide screen monitor, which as we've just seen is necessary for using Win 10. In this case, it isn't outlook.com, Office Outlook 2016 & the Win 10 Mail app that
    need to be on view simultaneously, but just IE & Edge. I'll give a true-life example. My wife & I need a new stove. So it's natural to create a folder called Stoves in the Miscellaneous folder. But that is impossible in Edge. No matter which icons you click
    and menu items you choose, there is no way to create a new "Stoves" folder within the Miscellaneous folder. So what do you do? Simple! You bring up IE, choose Add New Favorite, click on Miscellaneous, answer "Yes" when asked if you want to add a new folder,
    type "Stove" when asked to give a name to the few folder, click "Open" & then click "Add." Then the new folder is available forever after when you need to add the URL for another stove. Easy as pie! But it shows that Edge should be regarded as a supplement
    to IE, not as a replacement.

oherb40, Oct 20, 2015
  4. Edge - How to give folders new name?

Not sure what you're referring too. If you're trying to change favorite folders you have to press Enter after typing the name otherwise it reverts back to what it was before.

fracking4oil, Oct 20, 2015
  5. joebilly Win User
    Thanks, that was the answer I was looking for.

joebilly, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Edge - How to give folders new name?

1. Edge - How to give folders new name? - Similar Threads - Edge folders name

2. Cannot give name to new folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot give name to new folder: When I create a new folder in windows explorer, I click "new" and then select folder in the drop down menu. The folder is created but I do not have the possibility to give it a name anymore. As if some one is pressing "enter" for me. The cursor jumps directly from the folder...
  3. Cannot give name to new folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot give name to new folder: When I create a new folder in windows explorer, I click "new" and then select folder in the drop down menu. The folder is created but I do not have the possibility to give it a name anymore. As if some one is pressing "enter" for me. The cursor jumps directly from the folder...
  4. Win11Ent_x64 v22H2 b.22621.2283: How to give the Godmode Folder a name?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11Ent_x64 v22H2 b.22621.2283: How to give the Godmode Folder a name?: Hail all:Windows Godmode Folder for:Win11Ent_x64 v22H2 b.22621.2283Gives not much as a name see picture.Now, issue is, that the Icon for Control Panel is the same.How can I name the unnamed Godmode Folder, please?Reason:I clicked the wrong Icon a few times, being a tad too...
  5. Win11Ent_x64 v22H2 b.22621.2283: How to give the Godmode Folder a name?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11Ent_x64 v22H2 b.22621.2283: How to give the Godmode Folder a name?: Hail all:Windows Godmode Folder for:Win11Ent_x64 v22H2 b.22621.2283Gives not much as a name see picture.Now, issue is, that the Icon for Control Panel is the same.How can I name the unnamed Godmode Folder, please?Reason:I clicked the wrong Icon a few times, being a tad too...
  6. How to change this folder name?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change this folder name?: I know how to rename the folder but this one wont let me do so. So when the person who set up this laptop for me, misspell my name and now i want to change it. Please help...
  7. Naming NEW folders - Windows Explorer

Naming NEW folders - Windows Explorer: Every time I try naming a new folder Windows 10 sees to constantly refresh, deleting letters and worlds. here is what I have done and have on my PC:-I don't download any non-standard software to my PC-I run Webroot antivirus software-Run defrags weekly-Clean my hard drive...
  8. Edge browser bookmark in new folder

Edge browser bookmark in new folder: when i try to create a new folder to save a book mark in the edge browser. It will not allow me to rename the new folder. I first choose mobile book marks and then when i try create a new sub folder it will not allow me to rename by right clicking the new folder How do i...
  9. Can't rename "New Folder" or change folder name

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't rename "New Folder" or change folder name: I create a new folder. It's highlighted in blue. I start renaming and only the first character is accepted. Then I right-click and choose rename and the highlighted character(s) are selected but when I attempt to enter a new name, again only one or two characters are...
  10. How to change the name of a new folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change the name of a new folder?: When I create a new folder, I cannot rename it? Is there a magic trick to doing this? 15058