Windows 10: Edge - How to give folders new name?

Discus and support Edge - How to give folders new name? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm creating new folders in Edge and try to give them new names, but when I right click the folder and click "Give new name", the name is not saved. It... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by joebilly, Oct 20, 2015.

1. joebilly Win User

Edge - How to give folders new name?

I'm creating new folders in Edge and try to give them new names, but when I right click the folder and click "Give new name", the name is not saved. It says "New folder" whatever I try to do.

How to save new name in folders?

:)

joebilly, Oct 20, 2015

2. Problem in renaming a Favourites folder in Windows 10

Old title; windows edge

Have managed to save my Favourites and have them in a new folder.

When I try to rename the folder, for example when I rename the folder to "magic", as soon as I move the curser, it returns to being "new Folder".

How do I make the folder keep the new title I give it?

carerslave, Oct 20, 2015
  3. oherb40 Win User
    Win 10 anomalies -- like a beta, not a release

A similar list could be made for why IE & Edge should always be kept simultaneously on your wide screen monitor, which as we've just seen is necessary for using Win 10. In this case, it isn't outlook.com, Office Outlook 2016 & the Win 10 Mail app that
    need to be on view simultaneously, but just IE & Edge. I'll give a true-life example. My wife & I need a new stove. So it's natural to create a folder called Stoves in the Miscellaneous folder. But that is impossible in Edge. No matter which icons you click
    and menu items you choose, there is no way to create a new "Stoves" folder within the Miscellaneous folder. So what do you do? Simple! You bring up IE, choose Add New Favorite, click on Miscellaneous, answer "Yes" when asked if you want to add a new folder,
    type "Stove" when asked to give a name to the few folder, click "Open" & then click "Add." Then the new folder is available forever after when you need to add the URL for another stove. Easy as pie! But it shows that Edge should be regarded as a supplement
    to IE, not as a replacement.

oherb40, Oct 20, 2015
  4. Edge - How to give folders new name?

Not sure what you're referring too. If you're trying to change favorite folders you have to press Enter after typing the name otherwise it reverts back to what it was before.

fracking4oil, Oct 20, 2015
  5. joebilly Win User
    Thanks, that was the answer I was looking for.

joebilly, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Edge - How to give folders new name?

1. Edge - How to give folders new name? - Similar Threads - Edge folders name

2. How to change User folder name?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change User folder name?: I've seen several ways, but all involve some drastic Registry edits. What I tried so far was creating the Administrator user, logging there and changing the name of my main account. However, when I returned back, W10 couldn't read it and said there was no dekstop. I did...
  3. Can I create a new name folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I create a new name folder?: Since my name folder got overwritten by documents folder is there away to make a new name (Lewis) folder in C:/Users??? My documents folder basically merged with my Lewis folder and put my saves in there aswell. When I try and make a new folder it just disappears even when...
  4. Edge browser bookmark in new folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge browser bookmark in new folder: when i try to create a new folder to save a book mark in the edge browser. It will not allow me to rename the new folder. I first choose mobile book marks and then when i try create a new sub folder it will not allow me to rename by right clicking the new folder How do i...
  5. How to change User Folder Name ?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to change User Folder Name ?: I purchased a used tablet. The seller reinstalled a clean version of Windows 10 Pro. I used a MS account to login . I renamed the Tablet from the original Tablet7 to another name. However the User Folder in C drive is still named Tablet7. ie C:\Users\Tablet7 . How do I change...
  6. How to change User Folder Name ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change User Folder Name ?: I purchased a used tablet. The seller reinstalled a clean version of Windows 10 Pro. I used a MS account to login . I renamed the tablet from the original Tablet7 to another name. However the User Folder in C drive is still named Tablet7. How do I change the folder name to my...
  7. Can't rename "New Folder" or change folder name

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't rename "New Folder" or change folder name: I create a new folder. It's highlighted in blue. I start renaming and only the first character is accepted. Then I right-click and choose rename and the highlighted character(s) are selected but when I attempt to enter a new name, again only one or two characters are...
  8. How to lengthen the displayed folder name ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to lengthen the displayed folder name ?: Hi*Smile I have exactly the same problem solved here http://superuser.com/questions/66431...e-in-windows-7 but Win 10 isn't Win 7 and the regedit trick Iconspacing don't work for me, the space is enlarged but the folder names will get cut off in the middle of the word...
  9. Change New Folder Name Template in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change New Folder Name Template in Windows: How to: Change New Folder Name Template in Windows How to Change Default New Folder Name Template in Windows A folder is a location where you can store your files. You can create any number of folders and even store folders inside other folders (subfolders). When you...
  10. How to change the name of a new folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change the name of a new folder?: When I create a new folder, I cannot rename it? Is there a magic trick to doing this? 15058