Windows 10: Edge-icon missing in context menu

Discus and support Edge-icon missing in context menu in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Some time ago I suddenly noticed my Edge-icon missing in the contextmenu , now Im in latest Win10 and its still not fixed . Its showing a white field... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by pietcorus2, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Edge-icon missing in context menu

Some time ago I suddenly noticed my Edge-icon missing in the contextmenu , now Im in latest Win10 and its still not fixed .
    Its showing a white field and no Edge-icon , it does open the pdf-file in all the three options , in Edge it opens also .
    HOW (?) to get this Edge ( legacy Edge) icon back in my contextmenu (right-click)...........??

Edge-icon missing in context menu [​IMG]

Appreciate some help very much , tried and searched already........

:)

pietcorus2, Jun 5, 2020

2. Context Menu Arrows Missing - Start Menu Program Icons Missing

Ive tried sfc /scannow

Iconcache dump

any other ideas to reset system shell icons and fix the missing program icons in the start menu

In the context menu there should be an arrow to sub menu but it cant find the arrow icon []

NathanElston, Jun 5, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jun 5, 2020
  4. Necrofire Win User

Edge-icon missing in context menu

CCC Context menu

I was recently greeted to a new entry in my desktop context menu after installing 8.12 drivers with the Catalyst Control Center:

Edge-icon missing in context menu ati2.png

I have no idea what the second entry does, since clicking it results in nothing happening.
    So I open up CCC and find this new section:

Edge-icon missing in context menu ati1.png

It's completely disabled. I only have a single HD3850. The IGP on my mobo is nVidia, which is disabled anyway.

I spent the last hour or so finding a way to remove the second entry, and this is the only thing I could find:
    Deleting this key removes both entries from the context menu
    Code: KEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ACE[/quote] This solved one problem and caused another. I do not like the tray icon, so I have it disabled, so the only way I know to get into CCC is via the context menu. Does anyone know of a way to disable just the "Configure Additive Graphics" entry and keep the CCC entry?

If I kept both disabled, is there some sort of shortcut I could make to get there instead? I don't want to have to go to Display->Settings->Advanced->CCC every time.
    EDIT: Just made a hotkey to get there. *Smile Edge-icon missing in context menu :)

Necrofire, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

Edge-icon missing in context menu

1. Edge-icon missing in context menu - Similar Threads - Edge icon missing

2. Onerive context menu missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onerive context menu missing: The context menu right click with the "Share/View Online/Always Keep On This Device" options is missing on one of my computers for some reason. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling OneDrive, but that didn't fix it. I also tried the solutions from the Microsoft support...
  3. Onerive context menu missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onerive context menu missing: The context menu right click with the "Share/View Online/Always Keep On This Device" options is missing on one of my computers for some reason. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling OneDrive, but that didn't fix it. I also tried the solutions from the Microsoft support...
  4. Onerive context menu missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Missing items in context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing items in context menu: I've noticed that when ever I right click on my Desktop: no longer have nvidia control panel as an option Files: no winrar options like add to archive Certain games: no locale emulator -> run in Japanese There's most likely other stuff missing from context menu too I just...
  6. Context menu on taskbar icon

Context menu on taskbar icon: I have issue with taskbar icons. When I right click on icon, context menu does not appear. For example, right click on edge should show close window, new window, incognito new window. Does anyone know how to solve this?...
  7. Context menu icon not showing

in Windows 10 Support
    Context menu icon not showing: I created this .reg file to show Locate32.exe icon on context menu, but it is not there: Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shell\locate\command] @="D:\\Programs\\Locate\\Locate32.exe /p \"%1\""...
  8. Icons for context menu

Icons for context menu: Hello. Sorry for my English. There are option for putting icons in context menu for SEE, NEW, CHANGE NAME, COPY, CUT, DELETE ...? Thanks. 108594
  9. Edge context menu bigger than windows context menu

in Browsers and Email
    Edge context menu bigger than windows context menu: Hi guys, is there any tweak to reduce the size of edge context menu. Make it same size as windows context menu(desktop right click, file explorer). The other modern apps also have larger context menu as compared to windows. Thanks 61098
  10. Network map context menu (Fix Icon and context menu)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network map context menu (Fix Icon and context menu): For all those that have a blank icon in network router and the non working network map feature as it is removed from windows 8/10 (this plug and play driver bug never got corrected from microsoft, imo) here is a reg file that fixes both of the 3 problems. Just copy those...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. blank icon context menu