Windows 10: Edge Icon on Desktop and Taskbar

Discus and support Edge Icon on Desktop and Taskbar in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; The Icon to Microsoft Edge seems to have changed to a white "e" on a blue background. I'm sure it just used to be a blue "e" on a transparent... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by AjayK47, Sep 13, 2016.

1. AjayK47 Win User

Edge Icon on Desktop and Taskbar

The Icon to Microsoft Edge seems to have changed to a white "e" on a blue background. I'm sure it just used to be a blue "e" on a transparent background.

How would I go about changing it back?

Many thanks.

:)

AjayK47, Sep 13, 2016
  2. Aminovos Win User

Windows 10 desktop icons large space

Dear community

After Windows 10 upgrade, I'm having a problem with desktop icons with large space between each other. Not to mention the desktop icons cannot go to the edge of the taskbar or to the edge of right screen. The desktop icons can only be placed like 5 centimeters
    from the edge of the taskbar and almost 3 centimeters from the edge of the right screen. Here is the picture with Recycle Bin and Chrome as only icons you can see: http://oi58.tinypic.com/x1dlza.jpg

I want my desktop icons to fit on edge on taskbar as well on edge of right screen like in Windows 7. And I also want not to have a large space between desktop icons, but just the same space between icons like in Windows 7. How can I do that?

Aminovos, Sep 13, 2016
  3. Aminovos Win User
    Windows 10 desktop icons large space

Dear community

After Windows 10 upgrade, I'm having a problem with desktop icons with large space between each other. Not to mention the desktop icons cannot go to the edge of the taskbar or to the edge of right screen. The desktop icons can only be placed like 5 centimeters
    from the edge of the taskbar and almost 3 centimeters from the edge of the right screen. Here is the picture with Recycle Bin and Chrome as only icons you can see: http://oi58.tinypic.com/x1dlza.jpg

I want my desktop icons to fit on edge on taskbar as well on edge of right screen like in Windows 7. How can I do that?

Aminovos, Sep 13, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

Edge icon has as far as I know always been white stylised letter E on blue background (left in screenshot below), Internet Explorer icon ( right in screenshot) blue on transparent background.

Edge Icon on Desktop and Taskbar [​IMG]

When pinned to Taskbar Edge icon is blue on transparent background by default:

Edge shortcut on desktop is again white on blue background:

Have you maybe changed the icon manually?

5. AjayK47 Win User
    I did recreate the shortcut to Edge on the desktop having removed it when first upgrading to WIN 10.

Even when I pin it to taskbar it is still the white "e" on blue background.

How do I change it so both desktop and taskbar show the blue "e" on transparent background?

AjayK47, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Edge Icon on Desktop and Taskbar - Similar Threads - Edge Icon Desktop

2. Can't change icon for edge on taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Can't change icon for edge on taskbar: I have changed the icon for edge to this on my desktop. But when I launch the shortcut, the icon becomes the default one on my taskbar. How do you fix this? Windows Version: 20H2 179718
  3. Desktop Icons and Taskbar Icons Disappeared

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Icons and Taskbar Icons Disappeared: So I started up my computer today and I noticed that all of the icons for my apps where missing on my desktop, and on my taskbar it just showed a generic image, except for mail which is showing just fine. I can still access all of the apps, and when I load up discord the...
  4. Edge icon missing in taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Edge icon missing in taskbar: Greetings, [img] I followed the instructions to install the new Edge side by side with Edge legacy. Now the icon for Edge legacy isn't showing on the taskbar. I've tried rebooting. What else can I try? Thanks, Shane. 149471
  5. Microsoft Edge Desktop Icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Edge Desktop Icon: How do I remove the Microsoft Edge desktop shortcut icon from my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-desktop-icon/18e2999e-f434-4999-8530-0a9cc9cfd756
  6. Making the taskbar Edge icon white

Making the taskbar Edge icon white: I'm trying to give my Windows 10 a uniform white icon design. I have gotten nearly every app white except one: Edge. The simple solution would be to remove it from the taskbar, but I use Edge and I like the look of it on my taskbar, so I am keeping it there. I found the...
  7. edge icon missing on taskbar

edge icon missing on taskbar: edge icon missing on taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/edge-icon-missing-on-taskbar/ee5d51f6-6eb6-498f-9e29-0f6a4d5f9db9
  8. When Edge Browser closes, desktop icons and taskbar refreshes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When Edge Browser closes, desktop icons and taskbar refreshes: This activity began after the April 18th 2018 update, Every time edge closes the desktop and Task Bar refreshes, and I have staggering mouse movement for 2 seconds or so. Don't know what causes this. The same thing happens in clean boot, and safe mode. I have done all the...
  9. Edge icon blank in taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Edge icon blank in taskbar: Any way to fix this easily please? [img] [img] Thanks 36195
  10. edge icon on desktop

in Browsers and Email
    edge icon on desktop: Edge icon on desktop after creator update is different, the e is very small while the text is correct. I have icons set at medium, changing to large makes them way too large. Icon works fine, it is a minor annoyance but would like it back to the size it was. I have looked...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer screen bottom icons