Windows 10: EDGE - Installation causing problems with my e-mail provider

Discus and support EDGE - Installation causing problems with my e-mail provider in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I upgraded to Windows 10 w/Edge from 8.1 sometime ago. Since then I have experienced several glitches using my e-mail. I use a sub of centurylink... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by edsmall, Feb 17, 2016.

1. edsmall Win User

EDGE - Installation causing problems with my e-mail provider

I upgraded to Windows 10 w/Edge from 8.1 sometime ago. Since then I have experienced several glitches using my e-mail. I use a sub of centurylink (zimbra) e-mail. Problems that are constant: I cannot hear any audio on videos unless I right click the speaker icon and click on a sound and run a test. Only then will I hear audio. In my e-mail if I reply to or forward an e-mail I must first click on options and only then can I type something in an e-mail. There are times when I have to restart my system just to watch a video. This does not happen if I use IE11. Leads me to believe Edge was corrupted somehow when I upgraded. Is there some way that I can delete Edge and reinstall it or is there some other trick to try? TIA

:)

edsmall, Feb 17, 2016

2. E-Mail

I Have installed Windows 10 and am having problems sending E-mails in Edge. I use my Aol E-Mail account and have no problem sending mail in Internet Explorer. I can receive Mail using Edge but not send. Anybody else have the same problem. Driving me nuts
    having ro switch browser to E-Mail.

Thanks in advance for any help.

cormacwilson, Feb 17, 2016
  3. After installing Windows 10 Microsoft Edge and IE does not work

After installing Windows 10 Microsoft Edge and IE does not work. Microsoft Update works. Outlook works for my e-mail.

I cal Verizon my DSL provider to see if I have a connect problem. No Connect Problems found. My DSL connection works on my Mac Computers

Original title: ----INOP Microsoft Edge----

bb37okla_YahooHorn, Feb 17, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

............... Leads me to believe Edge was corrupted .........................

Based on you assumption, please run a system file check to look for corrupt files. It will try to do repair if any found.

Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
    sfc /scannow

> press Enter.
    It will take quite sometime.
    When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports...............(paraphrasing)
    1. No integrity violation.
    2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
    3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.

If the report is #1, your solution lies elsewhere.
    If the report is #2, check if your problems have been resolved.
    If the report is #3, use this method................
    In the same Command Prompt (Admin) windows, copy and paste this command...........

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

> press Enter.
    Again it will take some time.
    When finished, it will give you a report.

davidhk, Feb 17, 2016
  5. edsmall Win User
    DavidHK...thanks for your reply. I ran the scan and it said #1. No integrity violation. FWIW, I have the same problems with my new Lenovo laptop that came with Win 10/Edge installed. I also did the scan on that machine and said the same, No integrity violation. I guess my next step would be to contact centurylink tech support and ask them if they have any fix. Somehow, based on past experience with them I'm pretty sure they will say "no one else has reported this problem".
    Again, thanks for your input.

edsmall, Feb 17, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    Just in case..................
    Which Win 10 version do you have ?
    10240 or 10586 ?

The point is : if you have the older version, perhaps updating to the current version will solve the problem.

davidhk, Feb 17, 2016
  7. edsmall Win User
    I have ver 1511 build 10586.104

edsmall, Feb 17, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

Thank you.
    I have no idea how to help you any further.
    Sorry.

davidhk, Feb 17, 2016
  9. edsmall Win User
    Thanks for trying. I can work around these issues but it is aggravating as hell.

edsmall, Feb 17, 2016
  10. davidhk Win User
    There is a cumulative update available for manual download but not via Windows Update, the normal channel.

It will up your version to 10586.112.
    It is posted in this thread.......................
    Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 KB3140742

Many members have installed it and so far no issue.
    I opt to wait.
    Read it over and decide for yourself.

davidhk, Feb 17, 2016
  11. edsmall Win User
    Thanks. I will keep that in mind. I just might wait on it for another week or so. I am going to try to work with centurylink tech support tomorrow to see what they say.

edsmall, Feb 17, 2016
  12. davidhk Win User
    Wanna bet ?
    They'll tell you it's Windows' problem.

davidhk, Feb 17, 2016
  13. philc43 Win User

Hello *Smile

Can you please clarify a few things:
    1. Are you reading your email in the Edge browser or did you set up the W10 Mail app for Zimbra
    2. Is the audio problem in Edge only experienced on videos e.g. Youtube? For example what about if you were to listen to an audio podcast from say CNN or another news source?
    3. Does the audio start working on videos after running a sound test - it was not clear from your statement if this was the case (I cannot hear any audio on videos unless I right click the speaker icon and click on a sound and run a test.)
    4. You say you have to restart your system to watch a video, I presume you mean this restart is to get the video playing but it still has no sound.

I do not advise any method to try and uninstall Edge and reinstall it. These methods involve Powershell commands which have not worked well in recent weeks and cause more problems.

I can only advise that you try and clear all the cache settings in Edge and see if this helps. Click on the three dots menu icon (top right of the Edge Browser) and select Settings. There is a Clear Browsing Data "Choose what to clear" button and you can try the top three items to delete. See if it helps. There are also other items you can try deleting including those in the show more section. All this might get you back to a clean state.

There are some settings in the Advanced Settings, try turning some of these off and on again e.g. the Adobe Flash player to see if it repairs any of the settings.

philc43, Feb 17, 2016
  14. davidhk Win User
    Please post back the result.
    I would like to know if there is a solution to that.

davidhk, Feb 18, 2016
  15. edsmall Win User
    Wouldn't take that bet since I have dealt with them before on some issues and it is never centurylink's fault.

edsmall, Feb 18, 2016
Thema:

1. EDGE - Installation causing problems with my e-mail provider - Similar Threads - EDGE Installation causing

2. Microsoft e-mail problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft e-mail problem: I received a message from Microsoft that my e-mail may have been compromised and I should change my Password. I did. Since then my Microsoft e-mail stopped working. I did the recommended fixes including Microsoft updates. No help. It is not a Password issue or a SSL...
  3. E-mail problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    E-mail problem: I installed my att.net e-mail. System says it was installed correctly, but later I get message saying can not sync! I tried changing passwords and also deleting mail and calendar application, but problem persists. How can I repair this problem?...
  4. E-mail problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    E-mail problem: Hello, first of all, I received a message via e-mail from a foreign overseas person, she asked for personal information from me I'm suspicious for this message malware, vırus, how can I detect virus and spyware, if I got it infected my email, do I have to close my account?...
  5. E-mail problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    E-mail problem: I have installed Windows to a friend. For this purpose, I gave my Hotmail e-mail address to log in. I tried then to remove this e-mail and use another e-mail address. I have created a new e-mail address with the name of my friend. I think I made a mistake somewhere. Now,...
  6. Windows Mail App - Custom home path for my E-Mail provider

Windows Mail App - Custom home path for my E-Mail provider: Hello there! weirdly my E-Mail Provider lists all Folders within the "INBOX" folder. That for i need to change the root-folder to "INBOX". Otherwise the Mail app keeps creating its own "sent" and "deleted items" Folders. This is possible in Outlook and now I wonder if it is...
  7. E,MAIL PROBLEM

E,MAIL PROBLEM: WHY IS MY E,MAIL FLICKERING AND I CAN,T OPEM ANY OF MY E,MAILS ORDO ANY OPERATIONS THAT I USUALY DO? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-problem/23ab01b9-0f2c-4f4a-a7b5-944b0de204f6
  8. problem sending e-mails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    problem sending e-mails: I can't attach a document or send e-mails on my pc. However, I am able to send e-mails on my phone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-sending-e-mails/c84da4ad-4b16-45c1-aac3-4035208d3ee5"
  9. E-mail problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    E-mail problem: ** This Thread moved to English forum** ***Personal information deleted by the moderator. Please see the Microsoft Community Frequently Asked Questions for more information on how you can protect your privacy.*** To; Microsoft Community Dear sir, Pls be advised...
  10. E MAIL problem

in Browsers and Email
    E MAIL problem: My brother in law recieved a boarding pass from his travel company in pdf format on his Levono tablet.He couldn`t open it to download so he e mailed it to me and I couldn`t open it in Windows 10.We then asked the travel company to e mail it direct to me and it opened...