Windows 10: Edge installation directory ?

Discus and support Edge installation directory ? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; hello guys, anyone know where is the Edge installed? I want to make some keyboard shortcuts on my macro keys, but I cant find the Edge location to link... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by einzele, Aug 19, 2015.

1. einzele Win User

Edge installation directory ?

hello guys, anyone know where is the Edge installed? I want to make some keyboard shortcuts on my macro keys, but I cant find the Edge location to link the program.

:)

einzele, Aug 19, 2015

2. Pin to Start not working on Edge (Windows 10) websites

Michael Gall, you have no idea what you're talking about, do you?

We have tried and tried the Windows Update Troubleshooter so many times already, and that's the best you can come up with?

For what it's worth, I think the problem is that Windows 10 is placing critical pieces of information the OS needs to "see" Edge in directories with security settings set to not share their contents, but these little directories are so numerous and hidden
    that nobody, not the users, not Microsoft, can find them and set the permissions properly for Windows to see that Edge is actually installed.

It's funny, I regularly get a little message in the Start menu app list to install Edge, along with a little message next to it saying it's installed already.

RobertLeon777, Aug 19, 2015
  3. howard4KJ Win User
    **Microsoft Warning Alert** scam

On windows 10, this directory contains a file for every tab open by Edge:

C:\Users\%user\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Recovery\Active

I killed Edge with task manager, went into this directory and browsed the DAT files located here with notepad. There is one file for every open tab in Edge. Found the file with entries associated with the malicious page. I deleted that DAT file. I did not
    touch the "RecoveryStore.xxxxxxx" file also located in his directory.

Restarted Edge, no more malicious popup and all my other tabs are still there.

howard4KJ, Aug 19, 2015
  4. krazytaco Win User

It's located at C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_<randomCharacters>, MicrosoftEdge.exe

krazytaco, Aug 24, 2015
Thema:

1. Edge installation directory ? - Similar Threads - Edge installation directory

2. New directory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New directory: I would like to create a new directory with the name "C:\unisa\COS1511 in windows 10. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-directory/b43da99b-cd09-47bc-8959-fbb332cb951b"
  3. problem with directory permissions / installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem with directory permissions / installation: I run a piece of software called videopsalm. It was working fine for several months, then after a windows update it started having problems writing the temp files it needs. (unable to find/write temp files in documents subfolders) I've uninstalled it and I'm trying to...
  4. active directory

in Windows 10 Customization
    active directory: hello anyone is there software that will allow win 10 pro to become a domain controller or something similar to active directory. thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/active-directory/3eeeb3fe-2fbe-4a86-aa64-41f9948c631c
  5. Hi, I need to change download directory in edge

in Browsers and Email
    Hi, I need to change download directory in edge: Hi, I'm trying to find the place to change the download folder of Microsoft edge, because it just goes treat to my downloads folder and I want it to be a folder on my desktop. Thanks 27363
  6. app directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    app directory: How can I find a particular directory, specifically the maps app (Microsoft maps)? Thanks *Smile 55720
  7. Win10 Anniv Pre-install directory?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Anniv Pre-install directory?: I do not want and do plan to to install Windows 10 anniversary on my working Win10 install. I do see a directory now called "Windows10Upgrade" on c:\ just appeared Did M$ just pre-load this like win7/8 upgrades did? How can I stop it from being redownloaded now I...
  8. Repair install blocked by Unsupported Directory

in Windows 10 Support
    Repair install blocked by Unsupported Directory: I apologize - I believe I've confused my issue with my previous posts. However, I've also managed to clean things up a bit: I'm trying to perform a "Repair Install" on my Windows 10 installation - which has the Anniversary update installed. I used the Windows 10 media...
  9. app installation problem - directory not empty

in Windows 10 Support
    app installation problem - directory not empty: Trying to install Miktex after uninstalling it in Win 10. Have read other apps fail to reinstall with same error message: The specified installation directory is not empty. Have run installation as admin. Can install in different directory, but other apps that interface with...
  10. Merge Directories

in Windows 10 Support
    Merge Directories: I have two large Directories (about 25 GB each, 6-7000 files) that contain similar information. One may have newer files than the other. I would like to merge them into one Directory and eliminate duplicate files. Is there some software that can do that ? Thanks,...