Windows 10: Edge installation directory ?

Discus and support Edge installation directory ? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; hello guys, anyone know where is the Edge installed? I want to make some keyboard shortcuts on my macro keys, but I cant find the Edge location to link... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by einzele, Aug 19, 2015.

1. einzele Win User

Edge installation directory ?

hello guys, anyone know where is the Edge installed? I want to make some keyboard shortcuts on my macro keys, but I cant find the Edge location to link the program.

:)

einzele, Aug 19, 2015

2. Pin to Start not working on Edge (Windows 10) websites

Michael Gall, you have no idea what you're talking about, do you?

We have tried and tried the Windows Update Troubleshooter so many times already, and that's the best you can come up with?

For what it's worth, I think the problem is that Windows 10 is placing critical pieces of information the OS needs to "see" Edge in directories with security settings set to not share their contents, but these little directories are so numerous and hidden
    that nobody, not the users, not Microsoft, can find them and set the permissions properly for Windows to see that Edge is actually installed.

It's funny, I regularly get a little message in the Start menu app list to install Edge, along with a little message next to it saying it's installed already.

RobertLeon777, Aug 19, 2015
  3. howard4KJ Win User
    **Microsoft Warning Alert** scam

On windows 10, this directory contains a file for every tab open by Edge:

C:\Users\%user\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Recovery\Active

I killed Edge with task manager, went into this directory and browsed the DAT files located here with notepad. There is one file for every open tab in Edge. Found the file with entries associated with the malicious page. I deleted that DAT file. I did not
    touch the "RecoveryStore.xxxxxxx" file also located in his directory.

Restarted Edge, no more malicious popup and all my other tabs are still there.

howard4KJ, Aug 19, 2015
  4. krazytaco Win User

It's located at C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_<randomCharacters>, MicrosoftEdge.exe

krazytaco, Aug 24, 2015
Thema:

1. Edge installation directory ? - Similar Threads - Edge installation directory

2. Windows installation directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows installation directory: How do I install Windows to a custom directory instead of the default \Windows directory? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-installation-directory/4ac13895-5be9-4948-a961-d0a77ac96738
  3. Windows installation directory

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows installation directory: How do I install Windows to a custom directory instead of the default \Windows directory? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-installation-directory/4ac13895-5be9-4948-a961-d0a77ac96738
  4. Windows installation directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows installation directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows installation directory: I'm currently performing a clean install or Windows on a new HDD. How do I install Windows to a custom directory for example, "\Windows11" instead of the default "\Windows" directory?...
  6. Windows installation directory

Windows installation directory: I'm currently performing a clean install or Windows on a new HDD. How do I install Windows to a custom directory for example, "\Windows11" instead of the default "\Windows" directory?...
  7. How to find the installation directory or executable launch directory?

How to find the installation directory or executable launch directory?: How do I find the installation directory or executable launch directory of "Pictures Opener - Heic Supported Including Convert"? I installed it from the Windows app store. I know how to launch it from Windows 10. And if I've already downloaded the file, I know how to open...
  8. How to find the installation directory or executable launch directory?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to find the installation directory or executable launch directory?: How do I find the installation directory or executable launch directory of "Pictures Opener - Heic Supported Including Convert"? I installed it from the Windows app store. I know how to launch it from Windows 10. And if I've already downloaded the file, I know how to open...
  9. Failed to create an installation directory

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failed to create an installation directory: I have downloaded windows 10 1903 update and can see that I have in settings- about , but i am getting the above message. All seems to be working ok. Do i need to do anything to resolve this? thanks ....
  10. problem with directory permissions / installation

problem with directory permissions / installation: I run a piece of software called videopsalm. It was working fine for several months, then after a windows update it started having problems writing the temp files it needs. (unable to find/write temp files in documents subfolders) I've uninstalled it and I'm trying to...