Windows 10: Edge interference with google chrome which is default browser

Discus and support Edge interference with google chrome which is default browser in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; windows edge is not default browser but keeps taking over from Google Chrome in middle of working online resulting in unable to continue with job as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AshleyHickey, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Edge interference with google chrome which is default browser

windows edge is not default browser but keeps taking over from Google Chrome in middle of working online resulting in unable to continue with job as they require Chrome.

:)

AshleyHickey, Sep 21, 2019
  2. jhona107 Win User

Windows 10 not allowing to change default browser to google chrome

I recently re-installed windows 10. Have tried every way to change default browser from Edge to Chrome, to no avail. Even changed the default by file type, HTML, Htm, to open with google chrome. Under Apps & Features, google is listed as my browser, but in Default apps-Web browser-choose default, I can click on google chrome till the cows come home and no sale. Very frustrated, have never like Edge. What is my next move? Even Apps by protocol has google chrome listed but it still won't respond.

jhona107, Sep 21, 2019
  3. UNABLE TO SET GOOGLE CHROME AS DEFAULT WEB BROWSER

I am unable to set google chrome as default web browser. Though I tried various steps but I'm unable to please help.

Moved from: Windows Insider Program / Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer on Insider Preview / Microsoft Edge / PC

jainimathur, Sep 21, 2019
  4. Edge interference with google chrome which is default browser

Can't change default browser to Google Chrome

Hello

Have you done these steps?

On your computer, click the Start menu Start menu.

Click Settings Settings.

Open your default apps:

Original version: Click System and then Default apps.

Creators Update: Click Apps and then Default apps.

At the bottom, under "Web browser," click your current browser (typically Microsoft Edge).

In the "Choose an app" window, click Google Chrome.

To easily open Chrome later, add a shortcut to your taskbar:

On your computer, open Chrome.

In the Windows taskbar at the bottom, right-click on Chrome.

Click Pin to taskbar.

Check and let me know.

Regards

MarcosAraujo2, Sep 21, 2019
Thema:

Edge interference with google chrome which is default browser

1. Edge interference with google chrome which is default browser - Similar Threads - Edge interference google

2. Which browser is better? Chrome or Edge?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which browser is better? Chrome or Edge?: Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
  3. google chrome as default browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    google chrome as default browser: Hello!I'm having a strange repeting problem and I don't know what is causing it. I set google chrome as my default browser and yes when I open it, it's chrome that I see. The problem is when I open a new tab: it switches browser for no reasons. I ofter opens bing or yahoo...
  4. google chrome as default browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    google chrome as default browser: Hello!I'm having a strange repeting problem and I don't know what is causing it. I set google chrome as my default browser and yes when I open it, it's chrome that I see. The problem is when I open a new tab: it switches browser for no reasons. I ofter opens bing or yahoo...
  5. google chrome as default browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    google chrome as default browser: I have been using Google Chrome as my default browser forever, however now the last few days every time I click on the icon to launch it, it won't open. I have tried everything! I have uninstalled and reinstalled it at least 6x and still nothing has worked.Is or has anyone...
  6. Google Chrome NOT Really Default Browser.

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome NOT Really Default Browser.: I have Google Chrome set as my Default Browser. However, if I goto Control Panel => Security and Maintenance => Change Security and Maintenance Settings, and click the How does Security and Maintenance check for problems? link, Microsoft Edge opens. Has it got ANYTHING to do...
  7. Can't set Google Chrome as default browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't set Google Chrome as default browser: Like the title says, I can't set Chrome as my browser. When I go to default apps, Chrome doesn't appear as an option under the browser category. It's also not in the Microsoft app store. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it. Still nothing. I've seen threads on this issue with...
  8. Can't change default browser to Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change default browser to Google Chrome: Hi I use windows 10 version 1803 When I try changing the default browser in the settings, there's only 2 I can choose, Edge and Internet Explorer. I would like to use Google Chrome but it doesn't show up. The program is installed in my computer, I'm even using it right now...
  9. Google Chrome is not your default browser problem

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome is not your default browser problem: I'm having a persistent problem with Google Chrome. Although Windows 10 says Chrome is the default browser, Google Chrome itself does not "believe" it, and I keep getting the "Google Chrome is not your default browser" notification when I bring up the browser. In settings it...
  10. Microsoft Edge vs. Google Chrome: Which web browser is faster?

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge vs. Google Chrome: Which web browser is faster?: Windows 10 comes with a brand new web browser called Microsoft Edge. It's got a lighter design, it's blazing fast and Cortana is baked right into it. Edge washes away everything we hated about Internet Explorer, but how does it compare to Google Chrome, the world's...