Windows 10: Edge is not download any files

Discus and support Edge is not download any files in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; This is happening on Windows 7 but fix should apply for any Windows PC. I was downloading a file that was only 4.0 KB. After 30 minute I went to close... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by huffman, May 4, 2021.

1. huffman Win User

Edge is not download any files

This is happening on Windows 7 but fix should apply for any Windows PC. I was downloading a file that was only 4.0 KB. After 30 minute I went to close Edge and got this: It should have loaded in a matter of seconds. I thought about uninstalling Edge and then downloading the latest version and installing it. Will this fix the problem? Or is there easy fix to this issue? Thanks

:)

huffman, May 4, 2021

2. How can I set EDGE to by default download to D:\Downloads

Hi:

I do not use Edge, but here is one suggested method (it dates from Aug 2015, but I presume the steps are still valid):

How to change the default Microsoft Edge download location - gHacks Tech News

EDIT: And here is a tutorial right here in tenforums.com:
    Microsoft Edge Downloads Folder - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

HTH,
    MM

MoxieMomma, May 5, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 5, 2021
  4. Edge is not download any files

Download issue with Edge browser

Hi,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

I understand that you are not able to download any files through EDGE browser.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you clear the Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions (…) icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.

• Right click on Microsoft EDGE.

• Go to details click on microsoftedgeCP.exe and click
      end task.
    You have to repeat it few times it worked for me hope it will help you to reset the Microsoft edge browser.

The download option will be available on the EDGE browser at the top right corner. Click on Hub (three horizontal symbol) and click on Downloads, there you will be able to click on Downloads folder and check where the download
    files are getting saved.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, May 5, 2021
Thema:

Edge is not download any files

1. Edge is not download any files - Similar Threads - Edge download files

2. Unable to download files from any browser Chrome, Edge, Safari as the download speed drops...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download files from any browser Chrome, Edge, Safari as the download speed drops...: We require downloading and attaching documents 90% of the time for our work and this issue has become a major distraction for many of us working. Have tried running the sfc /scannow followed up by the DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth. Have tried disabling the...
  3. Unable to download files from any browser Chrome, Edge, Safari as the download speed drops...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to download files from any browser Chrome, Edge, Safari as the download speed drops...: We require downloading and attaching documents 90% of the time for our work and this issue has become a major distraction for many of us working. Have tried running the sfc /scannow followed up by the DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth. Have tried disabling the...
  4. Unable to download files from any browser Chrome, Edge, Safari as the download speed drops...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Cant download any files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant download any files: Anything I try to download I get a message saying cant download. Trying to install Mcafee but wont allow. Now realised cant download any files from internet etc or save photos from emails On windows 10...
  6. Can't download any files.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't download any files.: This includes files from Microsoft and all other trusted sites . The error message at bottom of screen says the file contains a virus and the deletes the download. Problem occurred during a windows update during April 2019. I spent 7 hours online with a Microsoft...
  7. any downloaded files from the web

any downloaded files from the web: I cant seem to ever get the media player to pull up and play any of my downloaded files off the internet. Why is this and what shall I do to fix it? Or suggest a media player or app that I can use please....
  8. can download files and outlook works, but cannot get to any websites in Edge or Chrome

can download files and outlook works, but cannot get to any websites in Edge or Chrome: I just got a new Acer laptop and I've installed quite a few updates. I had most of my install files already downloaded, so I'm just trying to get on the Net now. The programs I installed were able to get their own updates and download no problem, and Office is able to...
  9. Edge Will not download any files

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Will not download any files: Hi Have just installed windows 10 on both my PC and laptop. Edge in PC allows file download. On my laptop, Edge always throws error message that file couldn't be downloaded and I cannot work out why. Does anyone have any clues as to what might be causing this? As far...
  10. Can't download any files at all

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't download any files at all: I've been running WIndows 10 for a little while now, over a month. Now, for some reason I cannot download a file. If I try from Firefox, it fails, if from IE it fails and if from Edge it fails. I'm stumped??? I can surf the web but just can't download any file at all. I've...