Windows 10: EDGE is ruining my browsing experience, it is changing its appearance

Discus and support EDGE is ruining my browsing experience, it is changing its appearance in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; How do I get rid of what Edge has done to itself?? This is now happened to 2 PC running EDGE, it is forcing me back to Chrome. Somehow the look is... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by sdowney717, May 5, 2021.

1. EDGE is ruining my browsing experience, it is changing its appearance

How do I get rid of what Edge has done to itself?? This is now happened to 2 PC running EDGE, it is forcing me back to Chrome. Somehow the look is completely different, puts a bar of links on the side, looses the open new tab feature... All I do is use it, dont go into settings to change anything, then a new tab appeared, saying show tab links on side as a tab on the left side, when I clicked the tab, I got this, and dont see how to go back, it did all that unbidden by me, now on another PC - - - Updated - - - I just tried resetting EDGE, and the tabs are all on the left side still. So does this mean you cant do anything to put it back where they were?

:)

sdowney717, May 5, 2021

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 5, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    A brief discourse on ‘Changing browsing experience’

Source: A brief discourse on 'Changing browsing experience' | Microsoft Malware Protection Center

Brink, May 5, 2021
  4. Jessen P Win User

EDGE is ruining my browsing experience, it is changing its appearance

Red Wavy Lines appear in edge

Hi,

I would request you to reset the edge settings and then check if it helps.

Refer the steps below to reset Edge.

Steps:-

• First of all launch Microsoft Edge Browser.

• After that click on “More action” option which is visible at top right side of the browser and you will see “Settings” option.

• Under “Settings” scroll down and you will see a button “Choose what to clear” under “Clear browsing data” option.

• Once you click on this option you will see list of feature like
    • Browsing History
    • Cookies and saved website data
    • Cached data and file
    • Download history
    • Form data
    • Password.

Please revert if the red wavy lines appear while using edge.

Thank you.

Jessen P, May 5, 2021
Thema:

EDGE is ruining my browsing experience, it is changing its appearance

1. EDGE is ruining my browsing experience, it is changing its appearance - Similar Threads - EDGE ruining browsing

2. Alt-Tab System shortcut ruining my gaming experience.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt-Tab System shortcut ruining my gaming experience.: Hi, I'm having an issue playing games that use an alt modifier for certain actions. I occasionally accidentally press alt-tab and it completely removes me from my game window ruining my experience. I wish to remove this feature from my device as I do not use it and it gets in...
  3. Alt-Tab System shortcut ruining my gaming experience.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alt-Tab System shortcut ruining my gaming experience.: Hi, I'm having an issue playing games that use an alt modifier for certain actions. I occasionally accidentally press alt-tab and it completely removes me from my game window ruining my experience. I wish to remove this feature from my device as I do not use it and it gets in...
  4. Windows 10 version 20H2. Update is ruining my experience .

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 version 20H2. Update is ruining my experience .: I can't install the latest update despite it being installed. I've jumped through hoops trying to get Windows 10 to update fully. Check disk doesn't work, stopping the BITS service doesnt work, I've tried every forum to get this working. I've installed drivers, I've tried...
  5. The Newest update ruined my game experience, what now ?

The Newest update ruined my game experience, what now ?: Update: KB4549951 I did and since I done this I can not play games such as League of Legends. Every 3 to 4 mins I go from 60 fps down to 2 / 4 /12 it is a hard drop I can see the game frame by frame lol. Before the update everything was fine and after the update this...
  6. Microsoft Edge Is Getting a Key Improvement to Its PDF Annotating Experience

Microsoft Edge Is Getting a Key Improvement to Its PDF Annotating Experience: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/loyukfai [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fdtp3w/microsoft_edge_is_getting_a_key_improvement_to/
  7. Windows Updates are ruining my gaming experience.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates are ruining my gaming experience.: This isn't an issue of updates causing instability and crashes, the problem that I constantly experience is Windows trying to download and install updates, especially the Windows Defender ones, while I am gaming. They cause insane latency spikes in-game, not to mention that I...
  8. Changing setting to that Microsoft Edge appears for me to delete browsing history rather...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing setting to that Microsoft Edge appears for me to delete browsing history rather...: Hi I work from home and one website I use, I have 3 different log in names and passwords so, each time, i log out of the website, i need to click on "delete browsing history" before I can log back in under a different user name and password. I had, again, the Stop Code...
  9. Edge browsing history

in Browsers and Email
    Edge browsing history: Hello, I read that to view your browsing history, select Hub > History. But I cannot find the Hub any thoughts? 18307
  10. A brief discourse on ‘Changing browsing experience’

in Windows 10 News
    A brief discourse on ‘Changing browsing experience’: In response to questions we’ve received from the software distribution and monetization industry, and following our blog announcing our browser modifier policy update, we’d like to provide some details on what we refer to in our policy as “changing browsing experience”....