Windows 10: Edge is the most terrible for remember passwords

Discus and support Edge is the most terrible for remember passwords in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; But Chrome and Apple are excellent. So Microsoft builds this fancy Edge browser. I understand it will save passwords which it fails miserably. I very... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DonHayden, Oct 2, 2018.

1. DonHayden Win User

Edge is the most terrible for remember passwords

But Chrome and Apple are excellent. So Microsoft builds this fancy Edge browser. I understand it will save passwords which it fails miserably. I very seldom get any offer to save a password. If it offers to save one for a financial institution it won't work. I can't imagine what is behind all this failure when Chrome and Apple can make it work flawlessly. And don't write back to saying go to setting, advanced setting, turn on offer to save passwords and manage form entries. I've done this a hundred times already. Just admit it doesn't work.

:)

DonHayden, Oct 2, 2018

2. Edge won't remember Gmail passwords

Hi Ujjal,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you a question:

• Did you check the option “Remember the password” option at the sign in page?

I suggest you clear the Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue.

To do so perform the steps below.

• Open Edge browser and click on the More actions icon i.e.“” located on the top right corner of the window.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files
      and click on Clear.
    • Close the browser and login to Gmail account and check if the issue is resolved.

Write back to us for further assistance, we will be happy to assist

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 2, 2018
  3. 7.62 Win User
    Email clients not remembering passwords

Hi all

A friends computer will not remember his gmail password. He used to use outlook, and seeing that I use thunderbird and it would be easier to troubleshoot I installed that for him. Now that was working for a few weeks, and now the same problem is occuring.

We are 100% sure the password is correct, as we can access the email account through webmail, but the local clients will not remember the correct password. Of course the 'Remember password' button is checked, but still no good.

It returns with incorrect password.

Any suggestions?

7.62, Oct 2, 2018
  4. Edge is the most terrible for remember passwords

Microsoft Edge doesn't remember secure passwords

I found a solution. In Microsoft Edge, I went into ... settings, advanced settings, privacy and services, manage passwords. Here there was a list of websites, one of which was a website I wanted Edge to remember my password for. I clicked on the website
    and entered the password for it, saved it and the next time I went to that website in Edge, I did not have to enter the password.

FrustratedUser90123, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

Edge is the most terrible for remember passwords

1. Edge is the most terrible for remember passwords - Similar Threads - Edge terrible remember

2. Do not remember password!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do not remember password!: I do not remember a password to my computer & it says my security answers are not all correct. It has been a couple of years since I have used this computer. It shows up in my devices on Microsoft products but I can’t acces anything else. Please help!!!...
  3. Edge not offering to remember my Google password

in Browsers and Email
    Edge not offering to remember my Google password: I would like Edge to remember my Google password for YouTube etc. But when I go to log on to YouTube for example it always asks for my password and does not offer to save it once entered. I think several days ago I said not to remember this password. Since then I've cleared...
  4. Microsoft Edge not remembering passwords on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge not remembering passwords on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Recently I switched to Microsoft Edge on both my Windows and Mac. Microsoft’s browser […] This article Microsoft Edge not remembering passwords on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. EDGE why has it stopped remembering user names and passwords

in Windows 10 Customization
    EDGE why has it stopped remembering user names and passwords: Over the last couple of days EDGE will not save user names or passwords, the prompt comes up to say do you want to save, but then it forgets them. Doing my head in...
  6. Edge cannot remember my password for TenForums.

in Browsers and Email
    Edge cannot remember my password for TenForums.: I am using Edge (Version 44.18362.1.0). I have enabled "Save passwords" and "Auto fill". After clicking on "Log Out" on TenForums, if I want to re-log in, I have to re-enter my password because Chrome cannot remember my password for TenForums. Ironically, it can remember my...
  7. Remember a Password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remember a Password: I have an app and everytime I open it, I need to enter the password (it remembers my username). What can I do so it will automatically remember the password so I don't need to input it everytime?...
  8. Edge will not remember passwords!

in Browsers and Email
    Edge will not remember passwords!: Passwords do not work on bing. When I try to log in, it has my email stored, but then the password never autofills like Chrome does. Chrome is flawless in this regard, never had an issue. I don't get what is so hard about filling in a password. I can't be typing in complex...
  9. Edge won't remember Gmail password

in Browsers and Email
    Edge won't remember Gmail password: I can't get Edge browser to remember my Gmail password. Remember passwords is on and it remembered all of my other IDs and passwords......stumped.*Mad 20715
  10. Edge Not Remembering Pwds

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Not Remembering Pwds: It always worked, then one day it just stopped, and yes its enabled in settings to remember. Tried clearing everything, it still won't remember any of my logins. 78589