Windows 10: Edge keeps clearing "Do not clear" cookie list on exit

Discus and support Edge keeps clearing "Do not clear" cookie list on exit in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have edge chrome Versie 87.0.664.60 (Officile build) (64-bits) but every time I close the browser edge clear my "do not clear list". Is there a... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Novan, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Novan Win User

Edge keeps clearing "Do not clear" cookie list on exit

I have edge chrome Versie 87.0.664.60 (Officile build) (64-bits) but every time I close the browser edge clear my "do not clear list". Is there a solution?

:)

Novan, Dec 14, 2020

2. Edge clearing protected passwords and cookies on exit

As of yesterday, Microsoft Edge has started clearing stored passwords and logins, together with cookies from sites which are specifically set to be retained on exit. I've checked and rechecked the settings but they're all set to keep passwords and logins,
    and 'prevent clearing of these sites'. I've tried toggling the settings, and enabling keep and store everything but they're still cleared on exit.

I have the latest version of Edge (Microsoft Edge is up to date. Version 86.0.622.38 (Official build) (64-bit)) and Windows is up to
    date too.

Just to make the point, this only started happening yesterday (10th October). Any idea what's going on?

DamianDavis, Dec 14, 2020
  3. Paulo GM Win User
    Edge clearing protected passwords and cookies on exit

I've been trying to reproduce the issue but I don't encounter the same issue as yours with the settings I've suggested above. If you have the same setup as the example above, I can't think of any more reasons why the allowed sites still clear on exit.

The last thing I can suggest is to create another Edge profile for testing purposes and set it like how I suggested. If the issue still persists on that profile then this could possibly be a bug and there's something wrong with your Edge browser.

Paulo GM, Dec 14, 2020
  4. Edge keeps clearing "Do not clear" cookie list on exit

How to clear Browsing Data in Microsoft Edge?

Hello

CCLeaner cannot yet clean the cache of Microsoft Edge. You can clean your browsing data by following these steps.

• Open Microsoft Edge
    • Click on the three little dots on the top right corner
    • Under Clear Browsing Data click on Choose what to clear
    • Then make sure Cache is checked
    • Click on Clear
    If you don;'t understand exactly what I mean
    then see this post
    for a detailed step by step instruction with images.

Hope it helps you!

Yuri

Yuri Pustjens, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

Edge keeps clearing "Do not clear" cookie list on exit

1. Edge keeps clearing "Do not clear" cookie list on exit - Similar Threads - Edge keeps clearing

2. How to clear cookies on Internet Explorer ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to clear cookies on Internet Explorer ?: I am using Internet Explorer 11 for windows 7 and cant clear cookies. How do i do it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clear-cookies-on-internet-explorer/d11ae88e-9a48-4fb5-9ca2-d75b289b9050
  3. How to clear cookies on Internet Explorer ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to clear cookies on Internet Explorer ?: I am using Internet Explorer 11 for windows 7 and cant clear cookies. How do i do it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clear-cookies-on-internet-explorer/d11ae88e-9a48-4fb5-9ca2-d75b289b9050
  4. Edge clearing protected passwords and cookies on exit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge clearing protected passwords and cookies on exit: As of yesterday, Microsoft Edge has started clearing stored passwords and logins, together with cookies from sites which are specifically set to be retained on exit. I've checked and rechecked the settings but they're all set to keep passwords and logins, and 'prevent...
  5. Cookies and other site data - Do not clear

in Browsers and Email
    Cookies and other site data - Do not clear: Hi! I just started using Edge and I like it. However... the "Do not clear" list does not work as intended. Every time I whitelist websites and restart the browser, all of the URLs that I added are gone. It simply does not work. Seems like a bug? 165553
  6. how can I clear cookies

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how can I clear cookies: How can I clear cookies from my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-clear-cookies/3e71079a-ddc3-4e56-bd9d-9ea0d1d46e73
  7. Closing EDGE to clear cookies

in Browsers and Email
    Closing EDGE to clear cookies: I'm running W10 and the latest version of Edge. I have gone into 'choose what to clear' in settings and ticked the box for 'cookies and other site data. I have made an exception of a few sites I use. If I close Edge by selecting settings then take the 'close edge' option at...
  8. how do I clear cookies

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I clear cookies: How do I clear or remove cookies related to pop up ads from my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-clear-cookies/2eb5a9cc-7692-433a-9589-842984c26dca
  9. how to clear cache and cookies

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to clear cache and cookies: I was advised to clear cache and cookies and do not know how to do that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clear-cache-and-cookies/1946833c-e745-4a34-9457-bf117d70c25f
  10. Turn On or Off Clear Browsing Data on Exit of Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Clear Browsing Data on Exit of Microsoft Edge: How to: Turn On or Off Clear Browsing Data on Exit of Microsoft Edge How to Turn On or Off Clear Browsing Data on Exit of Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows...