Windows 10: edge keeps closing in the middle of a project

Discus and support edge keeps closing in the middle of a project in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; edge keeps shutting down in the middle of my project... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TammyThompson2, Aug 15, 2019.

1. edge keeps closing in the middle of a project

edge keeps shutting down in the middle of my project

:)

TammyThompson2, Aug 15, 2019

2. backgammon keeps closing in middle of game

backgammon keeps closing in middle of game

lindashier1, Aug 15, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 15, 2019
  4. edge keeps closing in the middle of a project

edge keeps shutting down

Hi Darrell,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check if the Edge works fine:

Method 1:

I suggest you clear the Clear browsing data option
    of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Edge.
    • Select Settings and click on
      Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files
      and click on Clear.
    Method 2:

If you are using any Proxy connection, then try disabling the proxy connection and check.

Follow the steps to disable proxy:

• Click the Settings icon at the top right corner in internet explorer.

• Click the Tools
                button, and then click Internet Options.

• Click the
                Connections
                tab, and then click LAN settings.

• Uncheck the box next to “proxy server for your LAN”.

• Click on OK to save the setting and close window.
    Now check the issue by opening Edge.

Method 3:

Follow the below steps:

•Open PowerShell as administrator.

•Run the command

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

edge keeps closing in the middle of a project

1. edge keeps closing in the middle of a project - Similar Threads - edge keeps closing

2. microsoft edge keeps on closing by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft edge keeps on closing by itself: What should I do and when I go out of microsoft edge the screen is black and onlt shows the taskbar and recycling bin icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-keeps-on-closing-by-itself/c52b5c4c-5c9a-4cad-bd20-90fbe2c7cc31
  3. microsoft edge keeps on closing by itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft edge keeps on closing by itself: What should I do and when I go out of microsoft edge the screen is black and onlt shows the taskbar and recycling bin icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-keeps-on-closing-by-itself/c52b5c4c-5c9a-4cad-bd20-90fbe2c7cc31
  4. microsoft edge keeps on closing by itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Edge keeps closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge keeps closing: My Edge in my Windows11 computer keeps closing when in use. I have upgraded my Windows from Win 10 to 11 before and Edge is working fine. 2 days ago I cant use it properly since it keeps on closing. Playing with one tab or more it will close no matter what and while using it....
  6. Edge keeps closing

Edge keeps closing: My Edge in my Windows11 computer keeps closing when in use. I have upgraded my Windows from Win 10 to 11 before and Edge is working fine. 2 days ago I cant use it properly since it keeps on closing. Playing with one tab or more it will close no matter what and while using it....
  7. All my programs keep closing and reopening in the middle of using it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my programs keep closing and reopening in the middle of using it: Hi, I have a question:All of my programs keep closing themselves and reopening after about 3-5 minutes of being opened. This repeats all the time: The program closes itself and reopens itself automatically one second afterwards, then 5 minutes later the same happens again....
  8. All my programs keep closing and reopening in the middle of using it

All my programs keep closing and reopening in the middle of using it: Hi, I have a question:All of my programs keep closing themselves and reopening after about 3-5 minutes of being opened. This repeats all the time: The program closes itself and reopens itself automatically one second afterwards, then 5 minutes later the same happens again....
  9. Microsoft Edge Keeps Closing

Microsoft Edge Keeps Closing: Dear Microsoft Team, Is it possible for you to take a close look at your Microsoft EDGE, as there appears to be a serious error within the software to which Cannot be resolved by myself or a number of IT colleagues. I used to use until about 6 Months ago when it kept...
  10. Microsoft Edge keeps closing down

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge keeps closing down: In my favourites bar in Edge I have more favourites folders than there is space for across the screen so there is a down arrow on the right. When I click on this down arrow the remaining favourites folders appear. If I launch Edge, click on the down arrow and select one of...