Windows 10: Edge Keeps Crashing

Discus and support Edge Keeps Crashing in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi all, My wifes MS Edge has just started crashing. When she types in the address block and she gets 3 characters in, Edge totally shuts down. When you... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by CChamp, Jul 30, 2020.

1. CChamp Win User

Edge Keeps Crashing

Hi all, My wifes MS Edge has just started crashing. When she types in the address block and she gets 3 characters in, Edge totally shuts down. When you reopen it, it asks if you want to restore tabs or not. To check if this was something wrong with her computer, I opened Edge on mine and be darned if mine does the same thing. If I don't type in the address block and I just click on favorites it works fine. I tried Chrome and it Does Not have this problem. Also, I noticed that Edge did an update today. Is anyone else having this problem? Thanks

:)

CChamp, Jul 30, 2020

2. edge keeps shutting down

Hi Darrell,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check if the Edge works fine:

Method 1:

I suggest you clear the Clear browsing data option
    of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Edge.
    • Select Settings and click on
      Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files
      and click on Clear.
    Method 2:

If you are using any Proxy connection, then try disabling the proxy connection and check.

Follow the steps to disable proxy:

• Click the Settings icon at the top right corner in internet explorer.

• Click the Tools
                button, and then click Internet Options.

• Click the
                Connections
                tab, and then click LAN settings.

• Uncheck the box next to “proxy server for your LAN”.

• Click on OK to save the setting and close window.
    Now check the issue by opening Edge.

Method 3:

Follow the below steps:

•Open PowerShell as administrator.

•Run the command

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 30, 2020
  4. peach1971 Win User

Edge Keeps Crashing

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Edge Keeps Crashing

1. Edge Keeps Crashing - Similar Threads - Edge Keeps Crashing

2. Microsoft Edge keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge keeps crashing: I have the latest version of Microsoft Edge and Windows 11 on my laptop. Edge crashes constantly, at least once every 10 minutes or so.Things I've tried:Turning off and on computerChecked for updates on both Edge and WindowsCleared browser cache and cookiesIf anyone has any...
  3. Microsoft Edge keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge keeps crashing: I have the latest version of Microsoft Edge and Windows 11 on my laptop. Edge crashes constantly, at least once every 10 minutes or so.Things I've tried:Turning off and on computerChecked for updates on both Edge and WindowsCleared browser cache and cookiesIf anyone has any...
  4. Edge keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge keeps crashing: In my Windows 11 MS edge keeps crashing while idle. If I open Edge and stay on one sites after few minutes it will crash and says not responding. This will happen even I open one tab or multiple. I clear the edge cache and reset but acting the same. My other browser dont have...
  5. Edge keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge keeps crashing: In my Windows 11 MS edge keeps crashing while idle. If I open Edge and stay on one sites after few minutes it will crash and says not responding. This will happen even I open one tab or multiple. I clear the edge cache and reset but acting the same. My other browser dont have...
  6. runtime error and edge keeps crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    runtime error and edge keeps crashing: so i have some steam games installed and whenever i try to play, Whether the .exe or from steam, it says that there is an error with runtime. Also, sometimes just crashes for no reason. How do i fix this?...
  7. Microsoft Edge Dev keeps crashing on launch

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Edge Dev keeps crashing on launch: I just updated to the latest version of Dev, Version 80.0.320.3, and now I can't use Dev anymore because it launches then crashes immediately after. Is anyone else having this problem or know a way to fix it? submitted by /u/pilotw [link] [comments]...
  8. My Edge browser keeps crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Edge browser keeps crashing: My Edge browser keeps crashing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/my-edge-browser-keeps-crashing/1a7c8529-12a8-48c4-a72e-cd9bebfb20e1
  9. Edge Crashing

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Crashing: Edge is closing right after it opens. It was running fine then all of a sudden it stopped. Rebooted and same thing. Turned off antivirus as well. Any ideas? 9462
  10. Edge crash

in Browsers and Email
    Edge crash: When i try to open Edge browser its crashes immediately... just updated my OS to windows 10.. 13890