Windows 10: Edge keeps exiting maximize mode

Discus and support Edge keeps exiting maximize mode in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Edge is my least favorite browser, and I don't use it as my default browser. I found an issue with that. When I open MS Edge, it appears that it has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Daniel Walters2010, Jun 9, 2023.

1. Edge keeps exiting maximize mode

Edge is my least favorite browser, and I don't use it as my default browser. I found an issue with that. When I open MS Edge, it appears that it has exited maximize. I tried to stretch it to make it look like it was maximied, but it gets set back to the size where it exited maximize, although Chrome, my main browser does not does the get set back to size where it exits maximize, as it was stay put to its original size. I even tried locating to the Edge location and go to Properties > Window and set it to maximized, but it get's set back to Normal Window. How do I fix this? Thanks! Note: I

:)

Daniel Walters2010, Jun 9, 2023

2. how to exit safe mode in Windows 10

Hi Ron,

Thank you for responding.

I suggest you to try the below steps to exit from the Safe mode on Windows 10.

Steps to place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter.
    • In the System Configuration window, click on
      General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as
      Normal startup, click on Apply
      and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue to assist you better.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 9, 2023
  3. Start Microsoft Edge maximized on first run

I'm developing an image for Windows 10 to deploy, and one of the requirements is that when Edge is started for the first time it should be maximized (not fullscreen, but maximized - the same result as clicking the maximize button in the title bar).

I've tried using the powershell start-process commandlet with the -WindowStyle Maximized argument, but this is not honoured, e.g.:

start -windowstyle Maximized microsoft-edge:http://www.example.com

I've tried various powershell solutions which resize other program windows (with the idea of spawning Edge then resizing it), but they don't seem to have any effect on Edge, e.g.:

I've used Process Monitor to record what's happening when I maximize then shutdown Edge, and I can see it sets the registry keys:

• HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdge\Main\LastClosedWidth
    • HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdge\Main\LastClosedHeight

with the horizontal and vertical size of the desktop, but manually changing these with regedit doesn't change the size of Edge when I start it again.

If Edge is made fullscreen then exited, it starts fullscreen in the future - is there a way to start Edge maximized without this manual intervention?

Jonathan Barber, Jun 9, 2023
  4. Edge keeps exiting maximize mode

Black Screen issue for Exclusive Fullscreen mode when exiting or Alt+Tab to Desktop

Hi,

Issues with exiting from a game in full-screen mode may occur due to several reasons. It is possible that your video card driver is not updated or not compatible with the current configuration of your PC. To properly isolate your concern, please provide
    us the following information:

• Are you using a dual monitor display?
    • Does the issue occur when exiting the games from windowed mode?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far to resolve the issue?
    • Have you tried to update your video card drivers?

In the meantime, we suggest that you install all the critical and important Windows Updates on your computer by following the steps on this

link

Loraine Mon, Jun 9, 2023
Thema:

Edge keeps exiting maximize mode

1. Edge keeps exiting maximize mode - Similar Threads - Edge keeps exiting

2. Giant Minimize Maximize Exit Buttons File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Giant Minimize Maximize Exit Buttons File Explorer: When I woke up today I noticed my buttons are really huge now. My computer was on the whole time too. I installed a new monitor yesterday thats 1920x1080, instead of my laptops 1600x900 but Im not sure this is the reason why its displaying like that. Anybody know why its like...
  3. Giant Minimize Maximize Exit Buttons File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Giant Minimize Maximize Exit Buttons File Explorer: When I woke up today I noticed my buttons are really huge now. My computer was on the whole time too. I installed a new monitor yesterday thats 1920x1080, instead of my laptops 1600x900 but Im not sure this is the reason why its displaying like that. Anybody know why its like...
  4. Edge keeps exiting maximize mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge keeps exiting maximize mode: Edge is my least favorite browser, and I don't use it as my default browser. I found an issue with that. When I open MS Edge, it appears that it has exited maximize. I tried to stretch it to make it look like it was maximied, but it gets set back to the size where it exited...
  5. exit s mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    exit s mode: No matter what I try, I cannot exit s mode. the gray get button will not allow me to exit s mode. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exit-s-mode/e035eb9b-ac41-4436-9d8a-a9bd4c16f3e6
  6. exit s mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    exit s mode: No matter what I try, I cannot exit s mode. the gray get button will not allow me to exit s mode. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exit-s-mode/e035eb9b-ac41-4436-9d8a-a9bd4c16f3e6
  7. Edge keeps clearing "Do not clear" cookie list on exit

in Browsers and Email
    Edge keeps clearing "Do not clear" cookie list on exit: I have edge chrome Versie 87.0.664.60 (Officile build) (64-bits) but every time I close the browser edge clear my "do not clear list". Is there a solution? 170480
  8. Exit S Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Exit S Mode: Do I have to delete Microoft Edge altogether, to get and have what I want on my laptop? I'm about to! Brand new laptop-HP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exit-s-mode/8f075248-e6bd-47f3-96a8-7e1980e72f30
  9. Cannot exit safe mode.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot exit safe mode.: I somehow managed to lock myself into safe mode. I restart and I am back in safe mode. I always logged in with a PIN but the safe mode won't let me and is asking me for my local password which I do not know....
  10. Edge opens new window maximized

in Browsers and Email
    Edge opens new window maximized: I've installed the new anniversary update, and with Edge now supporting extensions, I'm going to give it a try. But there is a showstopper for me. I don't normally use tabs when browsing - I rather open new windows. Clicking Ctrl+N to open a new window works fine, but the...