Windows 10: Edge keeps making itself the default PDF viewer

Discus and support Edge keeps making itself the default PDF viewer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Edition: Windows 10 Pro Version: 1809 Installed on: 4/17/2019 OS Build: 17763.557 After going to settings and setting the default PDF viewer to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dannfort, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Dannfort Win User

Edge keeps making itself the default PDF viewer

Edition: Windows 10 Pro

Version: 1809

Installed on: 4/17/2019

OS Build: 17763.557

After going to settings and setting the default PDF viewer to Adobe Reader, then the next day, Edge is back as the default with no user intervention. This has happened twice so far in two ways.

:)

Dannfort, Jun 25, 2019
  2. NS_2017 Win User

Edge keeps replacing Adobe as default PDF viewer

Microsoft Edge keeps reverting to the default PDF viewer and it's extremely frustrating. I believe it occurs whenever I unzip files using winzip. I know how to reset the default application but it's time consuming doing it once or twice every day and shouldn't
    be necessary.

Why does it keep changing back to Microsoft Edge and how can I stop this?

Can i remove Microsoft Edge completely?

Why does Adobe not appear in the default programs list? How can I add this to the list as if it did appear the steps to change the default viewer would be quicker.

NS_2017, Jun 25, 2019
  3. Edge keeps defaulting as PDF viewer

Hi,

There are a couple of reasons why the PDF viewer defaults to Edge on your computer. One of these is due to the settings enabled on your applications. For us to better assist you, we'd like to confirm the following details:

• Are you having the same issue as what the original poster mentioned?
    • May we know if you already tried all the suggestions posted above by
      MVP Greg
      and Insider Ramesh?
    • How and when did the issue start?

Your response is highly appreciated.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jun 25, 2019
  4. Edge keeps making itself the default PDF viewer

Edge keeps defaulting as PDF viewer

This solution is not helpful - Microsoft Edge continually hijacks my computer and changes the PDF viewer default to Edge -

It is getting a little old to constantly reset defaults - GO AWAY EDGE.

Aramis7533, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

Edge keeps making itself the default PDF viewer

1. Edge keeps making itself the default PDF viewer - Similar Threads - Edge keeps making

2. Preview handler defaults to MS Edge despite Edge not being default PDF viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Preview handler defaults to MS Edge despite Edge not being default PDF viewer: I have an issue where the default PDF preview handler that drives the Preview pane in MS explorer as well as in MS outlook, defaults to an MS Edge base preview handler. The only way I know of setting it back is by triggering the set to default .pdf reader within my default...
  3. Preview handler defaults to MS Edge despite Edge not being default PDF viewer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Preview handler defaults to MS Edge despite Edge not being default PDF viewer: I have an issue where the default PDF preview handler that drives the Preview pane in MS explorer as well as in MS outlook, defaults to an MS Edge base preview handler. The only way I know of setting it back is by triggering the set to default .pdf reader within my default...
  4. Preview handler defaults to MS Edge despite Edge not being default PDF viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Edge keeps making itself the default PDF viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge keeps making itself the default PDF viewer: Hi, I use Adobe Acrobat DC to open PDF files. Whenever Windows updates, it sets my default PDF opener to Edge. I'll dutifully go into Settings and change my PDF preferences back to Adobe, and wait for the next time it happens. Sometimes I'll go weeks without this happening,...
  6. Edge keeps making itself the default PDF viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge keeps making itself the default PDF viewer: Hi, I use Adobe Acrobat DC to open PDF files. Whenever Windows updates, it sets my default PDF opener to Edge. I'll dutifully go into Settings and change my PDF preferences back to Adobe, and wait for the next time it happens. Sometimes I'll go weeks without this happening,...
  7. Edge keeps making itself the default PDF viewer

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. How is that Google Chrome can make itself the default PDF viewer?

How is that Google Chrome can make itself the default PDF viewer?: Ok, first of all I DON'T WANT suggestions on how to change my default applications, I'm a very seasoned system administrator and I'm well aware of how to do it.Since Windows 10 ONLY allows me as a sys admin to set a list of default application associations via an .xml file...
  9. Microsoft Edge keeps making itself the default PDF viewer instead of acrobat

Microsoft Edge keeps making itself the default PDF viewer instead of acrobat: Hi I am using windows 10 2004. unfortunately MS edge keep setting itself as default PDF reader instead of acrobat DC latest version. I am almost changing the default PDF app every day from setting but it changes again. Help me please....
  10. Is there a way to keep Edge's PDF viewer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to keep Edge's PDF viewer?: Before the Chromium update hit, Microsoft Edge had a pretty neat and fluid PDF viewer. Now, that's been replaced by a far more sluggish, uglier viewer, at least by my standards. Is there a way to recover this PDF viewer, or are there any standalone PDF viewers that do the...