Windows 10: Edge keeps opening new windows on its own. Chrome/FF/Brave and other browsers close the...

Discus and support Edge keeps opening new windows on its own. Chrome/FF/Brave and other browsers close the... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,Last night suddenly out of the blue, my system started behaving weird. The tabs in Brave, Chrome, Firefox got closed and a blank page was being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Pradhyumna Gupta, Oct 5, 2022.

1. Edge keeps opening new windows on its own. Chrome/FF/Brave and other browsers close the...

Hi,Last night suddenly out of the blue, my system started behaving weird. The tabs in Brave, Chrome, Firefox got closed and a blank page was being refreshed over and over again. Alongwith this, multiple windows of Edge kept opening automatically. I am now unable to use the system due to this. This behaviour stops for a while and then happens again. Affecting all browsers and due to Edge opening new windows, the system is not allowing me to work as focus goes to the newly opened Edge windows.There was a "Presnoker" threat that Windows Defender showed and I have removed it. Problem persists. Pro

:)

Pradhyumna Gupta, Oct 5, 2022
  2. munk1955 Win User

Brave vs. Chrome

I don't like Chrome either but I really like Brave and use it as my #1 browser.....I admit it could use a few upgrades but I'm all in for anything that is trying to protect my privacy.....And then my #2 browser is FF.

munk1955, Oct 5, 2022
  3. Windows 10, Chrome + FF + IE + Edge?

Windows 10

default browser Chrome

I like Chrome & FF for their extensions for safety and downloading

I kept IE for the internet options, seemed to b e usefull in a windows OS

Now Windows 10 added Edge, so I have 4 browsers.

From a practical point of view, would it be wise to unistall edge and/or IE?

arturoruiznerv, Oct 5, 2022
  4. Edge keeps opening new windows on its own. Chrome/FF/Brave and other browsers close the...

Google Plans a Web-browser, To be called Google Chrome

I have my FF customized exactly how i want it. iGoogle is my homepage i see some news headlines, my to-do list, weather and calender as soon as i open the browser. If Chrome has the same sort of customization then i may give it a go.

WhiteLotus, Oct 5, 2022
Thema:

Edge keeps opening new windows on its own. Chrome/FF/Brave and other browsers close the...

1. Edge keeps opening new windows on its own. Chrome/FF/Brave and other browsers close the... - Similar Threads - Edge keeps opening

2. terminal opening and closing on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    terminal opening and closing on its own: when i start my laptop windows 11 terminal start opening and closing on its own. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/terminal-opening-and-closing-on-its-own/4022d837-0a12-465b-b7af-032674c2e2e5
  3. terminal opening and closing on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    terminal opening and closing on its own: when i start my laptop windows 11 terminal start opening and closing on its own. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/terminal-opening-and-closing-on-its-own/4022d837-0a12-465b-b7af-032674c2e2e5
  4. Chrome and Brave browser lagging in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome and Brave browser lagging in Windows 11: Hi there, I've been experiencing some performance issues with Google Chrome on my Windows 11 computer. Interestingly, when I run Chrome as an administrator, it seems to work smoothly without any lag. However, when I use it in my regular user account, it lags quite a bit. I've...
  5. Chrome and Brave browser lagging in Windows 11

Chrome and Brave browser lagging in Windows 11: Hi there, I've been experiencing some performance issues with Google Chrome on my Windows 11 computer. Interestingly, when I run Chrome as an administrator, it seems to work smoothly without any lag. However, when I use it in my regular user account, it lags quite a bit. I've...
  6. Chrome and Firefox browsers close, Edge unaffected

Chrome and Firefox browsers close, Edge unaffected: Directly following Microsoft Defender Antivirus cloud protection's gathering of additional security intelligence, both Firefox and Chrome browsers close.This happens multiple times a day, and is a recurring issue that has been going on for months.Edge is unaffected, and "just...
  7. Chrome and Firefox browsers close, Edge unaffected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome and Firefox browsers close, Edge unaffected: Directly following Microsoft Defender Antivirus cloud protection's gathering of additional security intelligence, both Firefox and Chrome browsers close.This happens multiple times a day, and is a recurring issue that has been going on for months.Edge is unaffected, and "just...
  8. Edge keeps opening new windows on its own. Chrome/FF/Brave and other browsers close the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge keeps opening new windows on its own. Chrome/FF/Brave and other browsers close the...: Hi,Last night suddenly out of the blue, my system started behaving weird. The tabs in Brave, Chrome, Firefox got closed and a blank page was being refreshed over and over again. Alongwith this, multiple windows of Edge kept opening automatically. I am now unable to use the...
  9. Unable to install Chrome browser and Brave

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install Chrome browser and Brave: after latest windows update-windows 10 version 20H2 for x64 system KB4023057.chrome and brave browser totally crashed, so i had to uninstall and delete them, now when i try to reinstall it's failed showing this message : brave/ google chrome installer requires an update to...
  10. Edge closing PDF files on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edge closing PDF files on its own: When will Microsoft fix the problem with Edge closing PDF files on its own? If I can't work with a PDF because of Edge, then I need other software. BTW, I did not ask for Edge nor its incumbent problems!...