Windows 10: Edge news feed on home page

Discus and support Edge news feed on home page in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Anyone notice an issue with it as from this morning (UK time approx. 10 am)? If I launch edge it's just displaying the search bar and top visited... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Scottyboy99, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Edge news feed on home page

Anyone notice an issue with it as from this morning (UK time approx. 10 am)? If I launch edge it's just displaying the search bar and top visited sites. The news feed / articles are missing in action. Maybe an issue MS side (at least I hope and that it's not my machine). Everything else works fine apart from this so I guess it's more an MS problem than mine

Cheers,
    Wayne

:)

Scottyboy99, Jan 18, 2016
  2. Ed-732 Win User

Edge Browser

I have lost news feed on Edge Browser home page.

Ed-732, Jan 18, 2016
  3. How To hide news feed and home page settings

How do you take off your news feed in the Windows 10 Microsoft Edge program? Also how do you set up you home page?

ShelbyHilliard, Jan 18, 2016
  4. Edge news feed on home page

Just restarted Edge and news feed is showing for me in the UK

Do you have a link that says Show New Feed, it might have got itself turned off somehow

paulsalter, Jan 18, 2016
  5. Thanks for the response. Hmmm, no I don't, it's missing. Strangely if I click the plus button for a new tab it opens the edge home page again and shows the news feed etc. I can see the link near the top to hide the news feed and reveal it again. Is there somewhere else maybe that needs to be checked for re-enabling it?

6. I can fix it by changing the start page to open with 'New Tab Page' and selecting 'Open New Tabs with suggested sites and top content'. But if I change the start page to open with 'Start Page' then it only presents the search bar and the top sites. And no links to enable news feed etc

7. Sounds like you have it setup the same as mine

When you are on the start page, is there a Customize button near the top right, try going into this and highlighting a couple of news categories, see if this forces them to display

one thing I have seen a couple of times is that the database for Edge gets corrupt, try going into settings and then select clear browser data, untick what you don't want, I cleared the cached data and history once to fix a problem (but it did wipe out the Top Sites and they had to build up again (just clearing cached only data might avoid this)

paulsalter, Jan 18, 2016
  8. Edge news feed on home page

Think it's ok now. I tried your methods which unfortunately didn't work but you set me on the right track. Once I cleared cookies it seemed to restore it. Hope it holds out!

Cheers

9. Good to hear you got it working

I have only had one strange problem with it, and clearing things out fixed it

paulsalter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Edge news feed on home page

1. Edge news feed on home page - Similar Threads - Edge news feed

2. news feed on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    news feed on taskbar: how do I remove the 'new' news feed that popped up on my task bar after the last update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-feed-on-taskbar/025de15e-9a37-4af9-9576-ccf758d9e7aa
  3. News Feed on my Edge home page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    News Feed on my Edge home page: I think I have it figured out, I can't remove the News feed off my page, so, why not change my Browser to , say Fire Fox, or, Brave as an example. I think I'll go back to my Firefox, My Home page there is my own! No need for an answer, I probably won' t see it! Thank you...
  4. NEWS FEED IN THE EDGE

NEWS FEED IN THE EDGE: WANT THE NEW YORK POST AS MY NEWS FEED. THANK YOU https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-feed-in-the-edge/6b18e58d-030f-4aa1-8564-64ff4b26fac5
  5. MSN News Feed

MSN News Feed: How do I remove the MSN News Feed in my Windows 10 Edge Browser? The MSN news Feed is not to my taste and I would prefer to use the BBC News Feed. If I can...how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msn-news-feed/b13b602d-6aab-49bd-b1f7-1baaefc6acd0
  6. Remove "fox news" from news feed

Remove "fox news" from news feed: How do I remove fox news from news feed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/remove-fox-news-from-news-feed/eeefc147-a88f-4511-ac72-455f710d3fdc
  7. NEWS FEED PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NEWS FEED PROBLEM: Recently, News Feed has not been working. It is set to "most recent" but the posts that show are days old and the "recent" are way down there. Also, if you set this to show "recent", why doesn't it remain that way? Also, it notes when you log in, do you want to save the...
  8. hide news feed

hide news feed: How can I permanently hide news feed from edge start page? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_news/hide-news-feed/6641b9fd-57f7-4d4b-a752-67ee843e7319
  9. How to get rid of news feed on Edge opening page Forever

in Browsers and Email
    How to get rid of news feed on Edge opening page Forever: I disable it each first use of edge from the settings menu, but the next reboot its back. any help would be appreciated 113416
  10. How to get rid of news feed on Edge opening page Forever

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of news feed on Edge opening page Forever: I disable it each first use of edge from the settings menu, but the next reboot its back. any help would be appreciated 113416