Windows 10: Edge no good over IE 11

Discus and support Edge no good over IE 11 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; hey guys, some months ago i did get the question from MS "why am i not using Edge". Well because i like IE11, but a few days later i switched to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jeffrys, Jan 2, 2016.

1. jeffrys Win User

Edge no good over IE 11

hey guys,

some months ago i did get the question from MS "why am i not using Edge".

Well because i like IE11, but a few days later i switched to Edge.

For a while it went ok, but now EVERYDAY EDGE is freezing, so anyone having that problem or a cure would be even better.

Sometimes, not so often IE11 freezes as well.

Is MS checking my computer?

Anyway iwant to get rid of the freezing.

Any suggestions?

thanks

Jeff

:)

jeffrys, Jan 2, 2016

2. How can I enable compatibility view in Edge?

It's not there.

After long months spent trying to get Edge to work how I need it, I've given up and it's now permanently in the apps list NOT on my taskbar as a shortcut. I use IE 11 as main browser and Firefox (43) as secondary.

The long history of Microsoft taking something good and completely ruining it is well documented. There have been a few poor IE's over the years but 11 was as good as can be and Edge in comparison seems like an apprentice piece that should have been discarded.

Compatibility is a joke, display interactivity is poor and controls are all over the place. The toolbar and menu placements are the work of an 11 year old kid who just wants to mess with the adults. The appearance of Edge is pure Android with clinical edges
    and no character, it's like a Zombie version of IE 11...a body with no brain.

Do yourself a favour and use another browser until Edge 2 comes out and then we'll see.

Caesars Ghost, Jan 2, 2016
  3. Microsoft edge disabled included the listing of aps

Folks. I just upgraded to 10 over Christmas. Getting used to it, but noted IE 11 was not activated. I activated IE 11, but now find that the Edge functions (Cortana and app listings at the start button) do not work. How can I reset back to the edge
    instead of using IE 11 as the browser?

Cheers

GailWatson, Jan 2, 2016
  4. jeffrys Win User

Edge no good over IE 11

And yes,

did close and open Edge right now and it blockes immediatly.

So bye bye Edge, back to IE11

Waiting for better times

Jeff

jeffrys, Jan 2, 2016
  5. jeffrys Win User
    hey guys,

problem solved.

found WSE-Vosteran and WSE- Taplika in Program and Features. Was unable to remove it the usual way, because my browser had to be closed....

But it was closed....so probably it where add-ins in IE and Edge..

So AdwCleaner did the trick. NOT....

Edge still freezes.......

Jeff

jeffrys, Jan 2, 2016
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Edge doesn't even remotely look like being able to be used with EXCEL when you want to import data from the web.

Ms hasn't even THOUGHT about this yet -- so it would seem to me IE isn't going away any time soon.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 2, 2016
  7. I'm not sure what's happening here? Are you trying to fix something, or just rant about Edge?

Michaelvas17, Jan 2, 2016
  8. Mooly Win User

Edge no good over IE 11

Edge is probably the single biggest reason I like W10 over W8.1

Each to their own I know, but Edge is generally super quick. The way it handles favourites is a big improvement over IE imo. IE both looks and feels dated in comparison. That's not to say its perfect, its not, and there are some small things I would like to see changed or added but overall its a winning formula for me.

I haven't even opened IE since installing Ten.

Mooly, Jan 2, 2016
  9. jeffrys Win User
    Well Michael,

i am not attacking Edge or Windows 10. At the beginning of the change starting with Win 8 i was one of the few defending Win 8, 8.1 and Win 10.

Win10 is that good that he who does not like it should buy an Apple.

All i want is that Edge works as hould, nothing more.

And i think Jimbo is right, so if we do not complain, then nothing happens.

Besides i gave MS feedback on this.

Jeff

jeffrys, Jan 3, 2016
  10. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there
    you've obviously then Never had to do what 100,000's of people have to do -- download data from the web into EXCEL spreadsheets -- Edge doesn't have a connection with EXCEL.

There's a wee problem with IE11 / EXCEL / W10 getting external data but it does work if you just type YES to the initial popup when you see script error.

Can't see Active-X or JavaScript being available for Edge any time soon.

Edge no good over IE 11 [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 3, 2016
  11. Hi don't know what problem some are having but excel opens ok for me.
    Also Edge is better than IE11 and getting better
    I also have used it from day one when I upgraded to 10
    What version of Excel is playing up as Excel 2016 working fast and good to go

hTconeM9user, Jan 3, 2016
  12. davidhk Win User
    Each to their own.

To me, Edge sucks. PERIOD.
    And I am not asking anyone to agree with me.

davidhk, Jan 3, 2016
  13. Edge no good over IE 11

But the majority do anyway, it's not a very good browser, I have my doubts it'll ever mature in to one.

frankenhooker, Jan 3, 2016
  14. Edwin New Member
    So many Apps/Browser Apps are terrible for integrative desktop purposes, such as Edge, UC Browser and others; they're great for phones and the like, (actually Edge isn't very good on phones either!), but terrible on a desktop.
    They need to behave like a client on the desktop, but then, if they behave like a client, they're not an app anymore! *Confused

Edwin, Jan 3, 2016
  15. Mooly Win User
    Hi Jimbo,
    Well that is true, I don't use Edge for anything like that. My main use is in moderation duties on another large site where I find the super quick and unflappable operation of Edge a real bonus. It has never crashed out, never frozen, never 'not responded', its never blinked even when working hard switching between multiple windows and tasks together with opening pdf's. To have pdf's open in the blink of an eye, whether stored locally or online is terrific.

The two things I wish it had,

1/ an ability to export what would traditionally be 'cookies' in IE. In other words a file (or files if it handles things separately) of site login preferences and passwords.

2/ I miss (really miss) having a quick right click and swipe and being able to select 'translate'. Edge needs accelerators.

Would I go back to IE or some other 3rd party offering. Well as things stand at this moment, no chance *Smile

Mooly, Jan 3, 2016
Thema:

Edge no good over IE 11

1. Edge no good over IE 11 - Similar Threads - Edge

2. There is always a white box in the edge of the screen when I open the desktop screen by my...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    There is always a white box in the edge of the screen when I open the desktop screen by my...: When I was approve by parent and also when entering the code in "My parent is here" and the screen is open again, there will always be a white box in the edge of the desktop screen...
  3. There is always a white box in the edge of the screen when I open the desktop screen by my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is always a white box in the edge of the screen when I open the desktop screen by my...: When I was approve by parent and also when entering the code in "My parent is here" and the screen is open again, there will always be a white box in the edge of the desktop screen...
  4. There is always a white box in the edge of the screen when I open the desktop screen by my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. As soon as I focus on the address bar of Microsoft Edge and start typing, the CPU is 100%...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    As soon as I focus on the address bar of Microsoft Edge and start typing, the CPU is 100%...: It is very strangeAs soon as I focus on the address bar of Microsoft Edge and start typing, the CPU is 100% busy for 10-20 seconds !!!This problem is very annoyingI searched a lot on Google, but I did not see such a post for the Microsoft Edge browser I saw for Opera and...
  6. As soon as I focus on the address bar of Microsoft Edge and start typing, the CPU is 100%...

As soon as I focus on the address bar of Microsoft Edge and start typing, the CPU is 100%...: It is very strangeAs soon as I focus on the address bar of Microsoft Edge and start typing, the CPU is 100% busy for 10-20 seconds !!!This problem is very annoyingI searched a lot on Google, but I did not see such a post for the Microsoft Edge browser I saw for Opera and...
  7. Every time I log onto my computer, Microsoft Edge pops up - how do I stop it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I log onto my computer, Microsoft Edge pops up - how do I stop it?: I don't even use Microsoft Edge and I've tried just about everything to make it stop popping up but nothing seems to work. It even happens when I log on at a place with no wifi and just enters a blank page. This new computer is otherwise great but very annoying....
  8. Every time I log onto my computer, Microsoft Edge pops up - how do I stop it?

Every time I log onto my computer, Microsoft Edge pops up - how do I stop it?: I don't even use Microsoft Edge and I've tried just about everything to make it stop popping up but nothing seems to work. It even happens when I log on at a place with no wifi and just enters a blank page. This new computer is otherwise great but very annoying....
  9. Microsoft edge ALWAYS opens itself when I wake my computer up from sleep. NOT when I power...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft edge ALWAYS opens itself when I wake my computer up from sleep. NOT when I power...: I have "windows spotlight" turned off and I have rigorously checked the setting of the edge browser as well as the settings on my computer which is currently running windows 11. I use Firefox and have ZERO INTEREST in using edge for anything....
  10. Microsoft edge ALWAYS opens itself when I wake my computer up from sleep. NOT when I power...

Microsoft edge ALWAYS opens itself when I wake my computer up from sleep. NOT when I power...: I have "windows spotlight" turned off and I have rigorously checked the setting of the edge browser as well as the settings on my computer which is currently running windows 11. I use Firefox and have ZERO INTEREST in using edge for anything....