Windows 10: Edge no good over IE 11

Discus and support Edge no good over IE 11 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; ok, i have to ask: when opening EDGE i have Yahoo.com as default page. Now when hitting home (you know the little house) i get pic 1. When... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jeffrys, Jan 2, 2016.

1. jeffrys Win User

Edge no good over IE 11

ok, i have to ask:

when opening EDGE i have Yahoo.com as default page. Now when hitting home (you know the little house) i get pic 1.

When hitting Yahoo what you see above i get Yahoo.com

When hitting home then i Always get start....start....start and it should be Yahoo.com (pic3)

How can i change this please

Thanks

Jeff
    Edge no good over IE 11 [​IMG]

jeffrys, Jan 5, 2016

2. go into Settings, then Advanced Settings

Top of that where you activate the Home button should be a box telling it what to do, defaults to about:start, change this to Yahoo and it should do what you want

home is not the same as start page, you have to set them both up separately, done just to confuse I think

paulsalter, Jan 5, 2016
  3. brummyfan Win User
    IE11 works fine after the latest update with no crashes so far *Biggrin

brummyfan, Jan 5, 2016
  4. ARC1020 Win User

Edge no good over IE 11

Just unresizable, random warning messages, indistinguishable from malware popups, that I can't read all of the text on and with button cut-off. *Smile

ARC1020, Jan 5, 2016
  5. jeffrys Win User
    Thanks Paul,

i did not scroll to the bottom to see Advanced settings.

Jeff

jeffrys, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Edge no good over IE 11

1. Edge no good over IE 11 - Similar Threads - Edge

2. OctoEverywhere.com In Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OctoEverywhere.com In Edge: Hey All!I'm the developer behind https://octoeverywhere.com, and I'm trying to look into a bug that one of my users has reported. They are saying that the background of the page flickers black and back when they try to access this website in...
  3. OctoEverywhere.com In Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OctoEverywhere.com In Edge: Hey All!I'm the developer behind https://octoeverywhere.com, and I'm trying to look into a bug that one of my users has reported. They are saying that the background of the page flickers black and back when they try to access this website in...
  4. Unable to create account in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to create account in Microsoft Edge: I am trying to create a new account in MS EDGE and it prompts me: "Because you're accessing sensitive info, we'll send a code to <MyEmailAddress> to verify your identity".I click on the "Send code" button.I enter the code and click on the "Sign in" button.After this the same...
  5. Unable to create account in Microsoft Edge

Unable to create account in Microsoft Edge: I am trying to create a new account in MS EDGE and it prompts me: "Because you're accessing sensitive info, we'll send a code to <MyEmailAddress> to verify your identity".I click on the "Send code" button.I enter the code and click on the "Sign in" button.After this the same...
  6. Unable to create account in Microsoft Edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have...: Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have set as default? I have also tried setting the links to the alternative browser but still, it opens Edge browser....
  8. Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have...

Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have...: Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have set as default? I have also tried setting the links to the alternative browser but still, it opens Edge browser....
  9. Can I just have a google browser for my own search? I don't need Bing or Microsoft Edge as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I just have a google browser for my own search? I don't need Bing or Microsoft Edge as...: I just want my startup browser to be google not the microsoft edge browser nor Bing. Very annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-just-have-a-google-browser-for-my-own-search/4a7d21a3-2bf0-445e-afdc-c1eaff62322a
  10. Can I just have a google browser for my own search? I don't need Bing or Microsoft Edge as...

Can I just have a google browser for my own search? I don't need Bing or Microsoft Edge as...: I just want my startup browser to be google not the microsoft edge browser nor Bing. Very annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-just-have-a-google-browser-for-my-own-search/4a7d21a3-2bf0-445e-afdc-c1eaff62322a