Windows 10: Edge no longer supported with SKY GO !!!!

Discus and support Edge no longer supported with SKY GO !!!! in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi there As SKY GO is a popular application I would suggest SKY TV and Ms get their acts together pretty quick. Edge doesn't work (not supported any... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jimbo45, Apr 30, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Edge no longer supported with SKY GO !!!!

Hi there

As SKY GO is a popular application I would suggest SKY TV and Ms get their acts together pretty quick. Edge doesn't work (not supported any more !!).

Edge no longer supported with SKY GO !!!! [​IMG]

I'm trying to download (LEGALLY) some of the box sets for watching later as per my SKY GO EXTRA subscription allows.

SKY says it's an Ms problem -- Ms says it's SKY TV's problem

Customer service in 21st century !!! -- doesn't exist -- we should perhaps start using George Orwell's Newspeak in his novel 1984 -- words like customer and service will be eliminated from the language. !!!

Not sure what the problem is but the app still works on IE 11

So as I use this program a lot --Bye Bye Ms Edge.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Apr 30, 2016

2. Sky Go no longer viable

I have a similar problem, I have downloaded Windows 10, I now have NO SKY GO, although I have Internet Explorer 11. I do not have Google Chrome. I do not have a picture on my PC although the advice given in the last post suggests to me that I should be
    getting Sky Go. Please advise me.

IanAnderson1930, Apr 30, 2016
  3. Sky Go no longer viable

Having just downloaded windows 10, I find that I can no longer use Sky Go.

Apparently it needs Internet Explorer11 to work, this I now find is incompatible with Windows 10.

Having wasted 8 hours downloading new Windows, I can no longer watch Sky Sports on my laptop.

Thanks a bundle for the new system

Frustrated footy fan, Apr 30, 2016
  4. altae Win User

Edge has been dead from the very beginning. Just too many features missing, I've never seen a single reason why I should use that thing.

altae, Apr 30, 2016
  5. hawkman Win User
    Hi Jimbo,
    its because Edge doesn't support silverlight, and will NOT, which is a Skygo requirement.

Roy

hawkman, Apr 30, 2016
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

CHROME also won't work any more either --even though you could fit Silverlight in to it.

My question then is what security does SKY GO have on Android since the app works fine on Android phones and Slabs. - I think (but not sure) it works on iPhones too so SKY must be using different DRM stuff to Silverlight.

With the amount of money SKY are receiving you'd think they would get this fixed asap.

However as I posted earlier --seems "Customer Service" is a totally alien concept to big corporations in the brave New World of C21.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 2, 2016
  7. Mystere Win User
    The only feature that's been missing from Edge was extensions, and that has now been part of Edge for several releases. So i'm not sure what "too many features missing" means.

ActiveX is not there, but it never will be. ActiveX is dead, and no other browser other than IE supports it.. so this is a non-issue. The deal with Sky GO is that it relies on Silverlight which is an ActiveX control... and Silverlight is also dead, so that won't ever change either. Sky will have to figure out a different way to provide content on Edge.

Mystere, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Edge no longer supported with SKY GO !!!! - Similar Threads - Edge longer supported

2. Sky Go

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sky Go: My Sky Go App has suddenly stopped working on my PC. A box opens which says 'checking for updates' and then it just closes. I've run Troubleshoot which refers me to run Aero Control Panel>Appearance but I don't appear to have Aero. Any advice? Thanks...
  3. sky go

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sky go: hi my windows 10 will not allow me to download sky go , keep getting message to load aero theme when i fallow the info on set the theme nothing will load , any help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sky-go/91de9049-8601-46ce-a8a8-c77046c67915
  4. Sky go

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sky go: Having problems watching sky go I have HP window 10. Sky cant help HP cant help. When I watch sky go it stutters and it echos.. I bought my laptop on the 30th October 2019 not old.. I don't have trouble with sky go on window 7 or 8.. its very frustrating as I bought it...
  5. SKY GO users with SKY "Q" boxes

SKY GO users with SKY "Q" boxes: Hi folks Users of the SKY GO service on Windows now can access recordings made on a SKY Q box. This is a great update -- especially as you can use the built in app on SKY Q to record Netflix stuff to watch later --SKY Q now has Netflix app (Finally !!). It's now a stand...
  6. Edge no longer supports HTML5

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge no longer supports HTML5: I have been putting my updates off for a little bit until I had time to waste on them. Yesterday July 18th I finally had the feature update: Windows 10, version 1803 x64 2019-07B be applied. Since then Microsoft Edge has stopped supporting HTML5. It doesn't matter what site I...
  7. SKY GO won't play in Edge -Silverlight needed

in Browsers and Email
    SKY GO won't play in Edge -Silverlight needed: Hi there. EDGE won't play SKY GO -- needs Silverlight and currently Silverlight doesn't support these types of "Addins". IE11 still works for this though. Seems edge needs a lot more work to make it a genuine replacement for other browsers Cheers jimbo 9974
  8. Any Sky Go users here we need SKY to start using Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Any Sky Go users here we need SKY to start using Edge: Hi there. Just wondering if there are any SKY GO users here --I love it for UK football (Premier league on Sky sports). However because it still uses Silverlite security one is forced to continue to use IE11 (although I believe there are some unofficial workarounds to get...
  9. Edge + SKY GO - FAIL, IE11 + Sky Go - Pass (Windows 10 PRO RTM)

in Browsers and Email
    Edge + SKY GO - FAIL, IE11 + Sky Go - Pass (Windows 10 PRO RTM): Hi there While Silverlight is as everybody knows RUBBISH it IS a requirement for watching SKY GO on Windows. Sky GO on Android doesn't use it so It must be possible for Ms to have some other method of protecting DRM material. So (and SKY GO is used by loads of SKY...
  10. Sky Go

Sky Go: Sky Go App doesn't work in W10, I have tried different Silverlight settings to no avail! *Sad 13693