Windows 10: Edge no longer supports HTML5

Discus and support Edge no longer supports HTML5 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been putting my updates off for a little bit until I had time to waste on them. Yesterday July 18th I finally had the feature update: Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JoshuaGraves1, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Edge no longer supports HTML5

I have been putting my updates off for a little bit until I had time to waste on them. Yesterday July 18th I finally had the feature update: Windows 10, version 1803 x64 2019-07B be applied. Since then Microsoft Edge has stopped supporting HTML5. It doesn't matter what site I use, YouTube, MSN, Fox, CNN etc. all have the same playback errors.

I have tested with Firefox and Chrome, both are able to play videos just fine.

I would like a fix to this as I primarily use Edge for everything.

I have checked for more updates, installed them though they did not fix the issue.

I have also looked for a setting that might be turned off, no luck there either.

Thanks,

:)

JoshuaGraves1, Jul 19, 2019

2. HTML5 vs. Flash

my guess is that will change rapidly once development is complete and third party devs and pubs grab onto it.

Easy Rhino, Jul 19, 2019
  3. MS Edge and IE 11 does not support html5 video element

For some reason I can't get IE 11 and MS Edge browsers to play html5 videos. When I go to youtube.com/html5 or html5test.com it shows that video element is not supported (even though those browsers should support it). I have tried everything, reset all settings, even reinstalled ms edge through powershell, installed media feature pack and still no change. I guess there is some setting that I am not aware of, but after searching internet for hours did not find anything. Any ideas why video (and audio too) element might be not supported at all for Egde and IE?

keptavista, Jul 19, 2019
  4. Edge no longer supports HTML5

HTML5 vs. Flash

HTML5 lacks DRM support - so videos which require DRM will not be available through HTML5 - that includes a lot of on demand tv services and tv station streaming. HTML5 is not the savior of the internet some people claim it to be. It's a good step forward yes, but it can't replicate all the features flash provides.

human_error, Jul 19, 2019
Thema:

Edge no longer supports HTML5

1. Edge no longer supports HTML5 - Similar Threads - Edge longer supports

2. HTML5 is malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    HTML5 is malware: Excuse me, I'm pretty sure HTML5 is 100% malware. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/html5-is-malware/43c9c5a8-b083-426a-9595-9ec4aab86d57
  3. browser is no longer supported

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    browser is no longer supported: We are getting messages that we need a new browser. Edge no longer supports Windows 10 desktop. What browser should we install? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/browser-is-no-longer-supported/8fdee3c3-770b-4041-966b-58274301d946
  4. HTML5

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HTML5: I play a Facebook game that requires HTML5. I would like to know how to install it if it's not too much trouble https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/html5/e5c3b655-a453-47ca-af44-0daf380662b8
  5. Metadata no longer supported

in Windows 10 Support
    Metadata no longer supported: Hey gang, you have been very helpful fixing other problems that my friends have ! So here is the problem, my friend sent me: I'm sure you already know Microsoft has cancelled the service supplying metadata for windows media player which means I can't get album art or track...
  6. Microsoft awarded Emmy for standardization of HTML5 in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft awarded Emmy for standardization of HTML5 in Microsoft Edge: Whoa! We were just honored with an Emmy for helping bring great TV experiences to the web in #MicrosoftEdge. Congrats to @Google, @netflix, @Comcast and @W3C for being part of it with us. 70th Annual Technology The Emmys Tweet — Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter 121794
  7. edge wont load youtube videos in html5 player wtf?

in Browsers and Email
    edge wont load youtube videos in html5 player wtf?: edge nor ie dont want to load youtube videos in html5 if u disable flash in settings videos dont work what bullshit is that and flash stuttering like crazy .. chrome works fine..i really wanted to go on edge but just flash player is no go for me sorry and it stutters like a...
  8. Edge no longer supported with SKY GO !!!!

in Browsers and Email
    Edge no longer supported with SKY GO !!!!: Hi there As SKY GO is a popular application I would suggest SKY TV and Ms get their acts together pretty quick. Edge doesn't work (not supported any more !!). [img] I'm trying to download (LEGALLY) some of the box sets for watching later as per my SKY GO EXTRA...
  9. MS Edge and IE 11 does not support html5 video element

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge and IE 11 does not support html5 video element: For some reason I can't get IE 11 and MS Edge browsers to play html5 videos. When I go to youtube.com/html5 or html5test.com it shows that video element is not supported (even though those browsers should support it). I have tried everything, reset all settings, even...
  10. RC4 no longer supported in Microsoft Edge and IE11 in April

in Windows 10 News
    RC4 no longer supported in Microsoft Edge and IE11 in April: In September 2015, Microsoft announced the end-of-support of the RC4 cipher in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11 in early 2016. We plan to release this change with April’s cumulative security updates on April 12th, 2016. With this update, the RC4 cipher will be disabled...