Windows 10: Edge not available for update/fix

Discus and support Edge not available for update/fix in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Edge does not show in my listing of Apps & Features. Edge does not come up at all, I just get a blank window some times and other times, it tries to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DianeARMSTRONG2, May 18, 2019.

1. Edge not available for update/fix

Edge does not show in my listing of Apps & Features. Edge does not come up at all, I just get a blank window some times and other times, it tries to start and then the window disappears.

:)

DianeARMSTRONG2, May 18, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 18, 2019
  3. malware Win User
    Counter-Strike: Source Update Available

Updates to Counter-Strike: Source and the Source Engine have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:
    • Added cs_militia with High Dynamic Range (HDR) lighting
    • Fixed player name crash exploit
    • Fixed rare visibility issue near portals such as doorways and windows
    • Fixed a bug that occasionally resulted in doors becoming stuck closed
    • Fixed animation issue with shotgun reloads interrupting fire animations
    • Fixed bug where footsteps sometimes sounded for crouched players on stairs or slopes (they no longer do)
    • Fixed buy menu locking up if keypad Enter is bound to "buymenu"
    • Detail props sway in the breeze now
    • Underwater observers no longer play drowning damage sounds
    • Hostages can open doors and step up onto ledges/stairs now
    Source: Steam

malware, May 18, 2019
  4. Edge not available for update/fix

Extensions in Edge not available

Hi,

I suggest you to download and run the app troubleshooter from the below link and check.

The app troubleshooter will automatically notify you if there’s a problem with an app and try to fix the problem. If you continue experiencing problems with an app, or if you're unable to open the Store,
    try running the Apps troubleshooter.

This tool can automatically identify and fix some problems with apps and the Store.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

I also suggest you to reset the settings on the Microsoft Edge web browser to check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Steps to Reset Edge:-

• First of all launch Microsoft Edge Browser.
    • After that click on “More action” option which is visible at top right side of the browser and you will see “Settings” option.
    • Under “Settings” scroll down and you will see a button “Choose what to clear” under “Clear browsing data” option.
    • Once you click on this option you will see list of feature like
    • Browsing History
    • Cookies and saved website data
    • Cached data and file
    • Download history
    • Form data
    • Password.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, May 18, 2019
Thema:

Edge not available for update/fix

1. Edge not available for update/fix - Similar Threads - Edge available update

2. how to fix edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix edge: So, on March 1st, I bought Baldur's Gate 3 on Steam, not knowing how much storage it would require. I saw it did not download, so I started deleting stuff. I deleted the useable version of Edge sent out to some apps and its repair files. When I saw 141 gigabytes, I downloaded...
  3. how to fix edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to fix edge: So, on March 1st, I bought Baldur's Gate 3 on Steam, not knowing how much storage it would require. I saw it did not download, so I started deleting stuff. I deleted the useable version of Edge sent out to some apps and its repair files. When I saw 141 gigabytes, I downloaded...
  4. New Update Experience for Mac available in Microsoft Edge Canary

in Windows 10 News
    New Update Experience for Mac available in Microsoft Edge Canary: Getting updates timely and smoothly is key to keeping web browsers secure. It also helps you try new experiences sooner on a fast-moving browser like Microsoft Edge. Since Microsoft Edge launched on MacOS, we have heard your feedback on the update experience on Mac devices,...
  5. Fix Microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fix Microsoft edge: I need help with Microsoft edge. I cannot modify or uninstall and cannot open the app. I am getting an error message Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe'...
  6. Fix Microsoft Edge installation & update errors

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Microsoft Edge installation & update errors: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Installing the new Microsoft Edge Chromium browser is usually straightforward, but just like other software, it can run into an error. In this post, we are looking at Microsoft Edge installation & update errors and how to fix them. Microsoft [...] This post...
  7. Fix Edge brower

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fix Edge brower: How I get Mircosoft edge from crashing and freezing up when trying to use it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/fix-edge-brower/a9c4f8bf-c6e4-4ce9-a9a3-24ba35333048
  8. Windows 10 "Updates are available" - Is there a fix?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 "Updates are available" - Is there a fix?: Once again this "Updates are available" popup comes up on my screen, locking me out of completing what I was doing and messing me up. I was right in the middle of renaming a file. This popup comes up and I have to click on it to get it to go away. But unfortunately, the...
  9. Microsoft Edge now available for iOS and Android (Updated)

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge now available for iOS and Android (Updated): 3/26/18, 9AM PT: iPad and Android tablet owners – we’ve got some great news for you! Microsoft Edge is now available as a free download in the Apple Store and Google Play Store. Now, you too, can experience familiar features like your Favorites (including Roaming Favorites),...
  10. Available policies for Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Available policies for Microsoft Edge: Available policies for Microsoft Edge GPOs for Microsoft Edge on Windows 10, Version 1607 or later Allow Extensions Show message when opening sites in IE Applies to: •Windows 10 Insider Preview •Windows 10 Mobile [Some information relates to pre-released...