Windows 10: Edge not completely discarding Bing when changed to Google

Discus and support Edge not completely discarding Bing when changed to Google in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After installing Win10 I changed my default search engine from Bing to Google (Settings, View advanced settings, etc). Edge now opens with Google for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mekon, Aug 28, 2015.

1. mekon Win User

Edge not completely discarding Bing when changed to Google

After installing Win10 I changed my default search engine from Bing to Google (Settings, View advanced settings, etc). Edge now opens with Google for the first tab but any subsequent tabs revert back to Bing/MSN. This also happens, incidentally, with Internet Explorer. I don't want Bing and particularly not MSN. Does anyone know please how to tell Win 10 to open every tab with the Search Engine requested? Thanks

:)

mekon, Aug 28, 2015

2. Microsoft Cortana not using default browser when doing a Bing search

I recently installed the Microsoft fall creators update. When I was finished, my Microsoft Edge was unusable. It would not open any of the menu items. In order to get a workable browser, I installed Google Chrome. Google Chrome works just fine. However,
    when I do a Bing search using Cortana, Cortana, tries to open the Bing results using Microsoft Edge. Since Microsoft Edge is no longer working, The Bing results cannot be displayed. Can I get Microsoft Cortana Google Chrome to display the Bing results instead
    of Microsoft Edge. I currently can't do searches with Cortana. Please help.

William Kochevar, Aug 28, 2015
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Microsoft Edge missing

You are using Edge. Bing is the search engine. See if you can change the search to Google or Yahoo.

lacrumb, Aug 28, 2015
Thema:

Edge not completely discarding Bing when changed to Google

1. Edge not completely discarding Bing when changed to Google - Similar Threads - Edge completely discarding

2. MS EDGE & BING.

in Cortana
    MS EDGE & BING.: I am raging right now. I just did the latest update and was confronted by Edge being automatically opened as my main browser, signed in to Edge and Bing being used even when i have NEVER used it. I DO NOT WANT TO USE EDGE OR BING, I NEVER HAVE AND I NEVER WILL. What part of...
  3. change start menu search from bing to google

in Cortana
    change start menu search from bing to google: when you open the windows 10 start menu and start typing it will search with Bing search provider I want to change this to google. also it will open edge and I want to disable this and use my own browser. how do I make these 2 options happen. I don't like bing and it gives...
  4. bing and google

in Cortana
    bing and google: when i search something up on google chrome it automatically searches it up with bing instead fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bing-and-google/22ad10f0-5eaa-484f-9bf0-86d85f5d801c"
  5. Win 10 change from Bing to Google

in Cortana
    Win 10 change from Bing to Google: How to change from Bing to Google and uninstall Bing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-change-from-bing-to-google/c04f91b0-8a78-44de-851b-c56809180c47"
  6. Edge search Change from Bing to Google

in Browsers and Email
    Edge search Change from Bing to Google: Changing search in settings ADVANCED when you click on the add new all lines are greyed out .What to do ,or what causes that?I DO Not like Bing 18806
  7. cant change windows edge from bing to google

in Browsers and Email
    cant change windows edge from bing to google: how do i change my edge to google is my question.Also i did the upgrade but it also keep my old operating system and even though im administrator it wont allow me to remove it should i do a fresh install. 9682
  8. Change Edge/Bing to Firefox/Google as default when using Win key, pls?

in Browsers and Email
    Change Edge/Bing to Firefox/Google as default when using Win key, pls?: Using Windows 10 Home After pressing Windows key, typing a word, then clicking on 'word' - see web results, Edge opens to a Bing search page. I must have missed something when setting Windows up after a recent fresh install 1 How can I change the search engine from Bing...
  9. Bing to google for firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Bing to google for firefox: don't know if it has been posted yet but Install this script and no more bing with cortana *Party Bing to Google 13043
  10. Force Microsoft EDGE to open in GOOGLE NOT Bing.

in Browsers and Email
    Force Microsoft EDGE to open in GOOGLE NOT Bing.: Windows 10 Microsoft Edge opens in Bing. I would like it to open EVERY TIME using Google. I went to More Options, Open With, A Specific Page Of Pages shows Custom with Google below that. I then went to More Options, Settings, Advanced Settings, Search In The Address Bar...