Windows 10: Edge not faster than IE 11

Discus and support Edge not faster than IE 11 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Edge is not any faster than IE 11 on my laptop with SSD. Google Chrome has it by a mile! Even Firefox beats it hands down. The fact that Edge... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by danielson, Jul 9, 2015.

1. danielson Win User

Edge not faster than IE 11

Edge is not any faster than IE 11 on my laptop with SSD.

Google Chrome has it by a mile!
    Even Firefox beats it hands down.

The fact that Edge will not likely have any extensions to test by July 29 is a huge deception.
    After all, people who have computers live in their browsers!
    So, what kind of browser is Edge supposed to be?

:)

danielson, Jul 9, 2015

2. Build 10525 Install Failed

Interesting, I have found build 10532 to be both stable and noticeable faster than the RTM release. As I don't use an Ad blocker, I have found Edge to be both stable and much faster than IE 11. Maybe just differences in hardware and personal preferences.

CharlesPrincell, Jul 9, 2015
  3. IE 11 Sluggish

I'm using Windows 10 on my desktop and I have noticed that IE 11 slower than both edge and chrome but not uncomfortably so. I know that edge is using a new web engine which is basically WebKit rather than the old Trident web engine still used in IE 11.
    So naturally, it will be quite a bit faster. Another difference is, as Chase noted, many features are shaved off in a edge with the result that edge is running a lot less extraneous code (for example extensions and Java.) If you haven't already, I would go
    into the settings on Internet Explorer and check how many extensions you are running. Additionally, you could do a web search and see if anyone has found some ways to optimize the user agent string in IE 11 for speed. Unfortunately, both of these options probably
    will not do much unless you are running an unusually large number of extensions in IE 11 that you don't need.

anthonysmithson, Jul 9, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

Mystere, Jul 9, 2015
  5. badrobot Win User
    Without extensions and add-ons, there is no weight to drag. Edge will of course be faster and use less resources.

badrobot, Jul 9, 2015
  6. iain Win User
    You should try Waterfox:
    Waterfox - The fastest 64-Bit browser on the web

... as it's a direct 64 bit port of Firefox.

Two things I quite like of Firefox/Waterfox are sharing of profiles and AdBlock Plus. I dislike adverts.

Will Edge have something similar to AdBlock Plus?

iain, Jul 9, 2015
  7. pjmarkert Win User
    Try clearing cache in FF and chrome before comparing

pjmarkert, Jul 9, 2015
  8. Gary Win User

I prefer Cyberfox. It does not share it's profile with Firefox.

Gary, Jul 9, 2015
  9. danielson Win User
    Point is, even without clearing cache, both FF and Chrome are faster than IE.
    Don't use IE for lack of extensions, so don't have to clear cache there.

danielson, Jul 9, 2015
  10. pjmarkert Win User
    The cache saves pages locally for faster loading, chrome will load slower after cache is cleared

pjmarkert, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Edge not faster than IE 11 - Similar Threads - Edge faster

2. Reverse image search in Edge's Bing sidebar will soon be (a bit) easier and faster.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reverse image search in Edge's Bing sidebar will soon be (a bit) easier and faster.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/pxipbn/reverse_image_search_in_edges_bing_sidebar_will/
  3. In the future it will be easier and faster to save web pages as PDF in Microsoft Edge.

In the future it will be easier and faster to save web pages as PDF in Microsoft Edge.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/oyublk/in_the_future_it_will_be_easier_and_faster_to/
  4. Microsoft Edge is about to get faster on Windows 10 and macOS

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge is about to get faster on Windows 10 and macOS: Google’s Chrome is popular but it has earned itself something of a reputation for being a resource-hungry browser. Microsoft Edge is also based on Chromium (the platform that powers Chrome), but the tech giant has taken various measure to improve things, and address poor...
  5. Startup Boost feature in Microsoft Edge will help the browser launch faster

in Windows 10 News
    Startup Boost feature in Microsoft Edge will help the browser launch faster: [ATTACH]The Startup Boost feature in Microsoft Edge is an upcoming feature for Microsoft Edge […] This article Startup Boost feature in Microsoft Edge will help the browser launch faster first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. How to speed up Edge and make it load faster

in Windows 10 News
    How to speed up Edge and make it load faster: [ATTACH]Microsoft Edge Chromium now offers a better experience than Google’s Chrome even though they […] This article How to speed up Edge and make it load faster first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Building a faster, leaner, and more efficient Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Building a faster, leaner, and more efficient Microsoft Edge: Performance is essential to your success, which makes it core to ours. To help ensure the browser doesn’t slow you down, we always keep performance in mind as we continue to improve Microsoft Edge. We’re always working to make Microsoft Edge faster and...
  8. Flag settings for making edge faster

Flag settings for making edge faster: Suggest some flag settings to make edge chromium faster how to pin twitter on taskbar. Suggestions please submitted by /u/hard2resist [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hc1irh/flag_settings_for_making_edge_faster/
  9. Microsoft’s new Edge browser is about to get even faster

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s new Edge browser is about to get even faster: In 2018, Microsoft ceased producing its own web browsing engine in favour of Google supported Chromium. The key differentiators between the new Edge and Chromium-based browsers are its user interface, smooth scrolling, a customizable start page experience, Collections, and...
  10. Microsoft Edge vs. Google Chrome: Which web browser is faster?

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge vs. Google Chrome: Which web browser is faster?: Windows 10 comes with a brand new web browser called Microsoft Edge. It's got a lighter design, it's blazing fast and Cortana is baked right into it. Edge washes away everything we hated about Internet Explorer, but how does it compare to Google Chrome, the world's...