Windows 10: Edge not offering to remember my Google password

Discus and support Edge not offering to remember my Google password in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I would like Edge to remember my Google password for YouTube etc. But when I go to log on to YouTube for example it always asks for my password and... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ShadowLad, Nov 14, 2020.

1. ShadowLad Win User

Edge not offering to remember my Google password

I would like Edge to remember my Google password for YouTube etc. But when I go to log on to YouTube for example it always asks for my password and does not offer to save it once entered. I think several days ago I said not to remember this password. Since then I've cleared the history (most items ticked). I have Settings->Profiles->Passwords->Offer to Save... ticked. My only extension is Malwarebytes. There is nothing under Settings->Profiles->Passwords->Never Saved. I have looked around the net for answers to this problem, but nothing much comes up for me. I'm using Windows 10.

:)

ShadowLad, Nov 14, 2020

2. MS Edge is not offering or remembering credentials, even with "Offer to save passwords" set to "On"

Using Windows 10, post Anniversary Update, changed my yahoo password, but Edge will not remember the new credentials. MS Edge is not offering or remembering credentials, even with "Offer to save passwords" set to "On". It had worked previously. Since you
    cannot edit credentials, I deleted the previous credential entry (as it wouldn't update the existing eith I cleared browsing history, deleted yahoo credentials, signed out of yahoo and signed back in and Edge doesn't remember the credentials. I turned the
    pw function to "Off", still won't remember. Shut down browser, reopened, had to re-enter credentials (multiple times) but Edge still won't remember the credentials. ****? I previously stored my yahoo credentials.

John D32780, Nov 14, 2020
  3. Edge won't remember Gmail passwords

Hi Ujjal,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you a question:

• Did you check the option “Remember the password” option at the sign in page?

I suggest you clear the Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue.

To do so perform the steps below.

• Open Edge browser and click on the More actions icon i.e.“” located on the top right corner of the window.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files
      and click on Clear.
    • Close the browser and login to Gmail account and check if the issue is resolved.

Write back to us for further assistance, we will be happy to assist

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 14, 2020
  4. Edge not offering to remember my Google password

Edge won't remember Gmail password

i thing you need to enable that option on the edge browser,
    i remember something like that ''offer to save password'' i will check for you
    there try this

To enable this, open Microsoft Edge, click on More actions (three dots at the top right corner) and select “Settings” from the options. Scroll down and click on “View Advanced Settings”. Scroll down to the “Privacy and Services” section. Below that toggle the “offer to save passwords” switch to On. This way Microsoft Edge will remember your saved password.

gijoetech1, Nov 14, 2020
Thema:

Edge not offering to remember my Google password

1. Edge not offering to remember my Google password - Similar Threads - Edge offering remember

2. Can’t remember my password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t remember my password: I can’t remember my password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-remember-my-password/fb5f1947-9f1d-4972-8d94-ab3baa0819eb
  3. Microsoft Edge not remembering passwords on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge not remembering passwords on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Recently I switched to Microsoft Edge on both my Windows and Mac. Microsoft’s browser […] This article Microsoft Edge not remembering passwords on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. Microsoft Edge will NOT offer to save my Passwords.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Edge will NOT offer to save my Passwords.: New install - everything turned ON to Offer to Save Password. It isn't site specific. History/cache all cleared. Nuked back to Restore Settings. Nothing in other threads works - what is the problem with this Browser?...
  5. Edge cannot remember my password for TenForums.

in Browsers and Email
    Edge cannot remember my password for TenForums.: I am using Edge (Version 44.18362.1.0). I have enabled "Save passwords" and "Auto fill". After clicking on "Log Out" on TenForums, if I want to re-log in, I have to re-enter my password because Chrome cannot remember my password for TenForums. Ironically, it can remember my...
  6. Offer To Save Password - Missing in Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Offer To Save Password - Missing in Microsoft Edge: Running Windows 10 Pro, on a Dell XPS machine. When I went to Settings > Privacy & Services > to click on the "Offer To Save Password", is NOT there any more for Microsoft Edge?*Eek Screenshot: ImageBam [ATTACH] 123783
  7. Edge is the most terrible for remember passwords

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Edge is the most terrible for remember passwords: But Chrome and Apple are excellent. So Microsoft builds this fancy Edge browser. I understand it will save passwords which it fails miserably. I very seldom get any offer to save a password. If it offers to save one for a financial institution it won't work. I can't imagine...
  8. Edge will not remember passwords!

in Browsers and Email
    Edge will not remember passwords!: Passwords do not work on bing. When I try to log in, it has my email stored, but then the password never autofills like Chrome does. Chrome is flawless in this regard, never had an issue. I don't get what is so hard about filling in a password. I can't be typing in complex...
  9. Edge won't remember Gmail password

in Browsers and Email
    Edge won't remember Gmail password: I can't get Edge browser to remember my Gmail password. Remember passwords is on and it remembered all of my other IDs and passwords......stumped.*Mad 20715
  10. Turn On or Off Offer to Save Passwords in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Offer to Save Passwords in Microsoft Edge: How to: Turn On or Off Offer to Save Passwords in Microsoft Edge How to Turn On or Off Offer to Save Passwords in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be...