Windows 10: Edge not opening on initial startup

Discus and support Edge not opening on initial startup in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Since no one seems to be watching Windows 7 anymore, I am asking here. For the last few days this has been happening. When I first startup Win 7 and... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by huffman, May 24, 2021.

1. huffman Win User

Edge not opening on initial startup

Since no one seems to be watching Windows 7 anymore, I am asking here. For the last few days this has been happening. When I first startup Win 7 and try to open Edge, I get to notice that Edge is NOT responding and do I want to restart. I tell it "yes". Sometimes it restarts fine and other times it does NOT. I never know what it is going to do. Any ideas why is happening? Thanks

:)

huffman, May 24, 2021
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, May 24, 2021
  3. John Vil Win User
    Can't open Outlook links in Edge

Hi,

In order for us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Dose this problem occur on a particular website or all the links you try to open from Outlook?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?

In the meantime, we suggest that you reset Microsoft Edge. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More options […].
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on ‘Choose what to clear’.
    • Select all of them and click on Clear all.

We look forward for your reply.

John Vil, May 24, 2021
  4. Edge not opening on initial startup

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 24, 2021
Thema:

Edge not opening on initial startup

1. Edge not opening on initial startup - Similar Threads - Edge opening initial

2. .net runtime Framework initializing on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .net runtime Framework initializing on startup: How do I stop It? Everytime I turn on my computer the .net starts and asks for admin prompt, how do I disable It? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/net-runtime-framework-initializing-on-startup/d1fac973-0319-438e-995d-bf37bf7d2f83
  3. .net runtime Framework initializing on startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    .net runtime Framework initializing on startup: How do I stop It? Everytime I turn on my computer the .net starts and asks for admin prompt, how do I disable It? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/net-runtime-framework-initializing-on-startup/d1fac973-0319-438e-995d-bf37bf7d2f83
  4. Stuck on service page in the initial startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on service page in the initial startup: Hi.. In the intial setup of new lap, under service page after microsoft office 2019 Home & student setup we dnt have any options to proceed furthercould you please help me out on this team??...
  5. Stuck on service page in the initial startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on service page in the initial startup: Hi.. In the intial setup of new lap, under service page after microsoft office 2019 Home & student setup we dnt have any options to proceed furthercould you please help me out on this team??...
  6. Stuck on service page in the initial startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Edge open 50 instances of itself on windows startup

Edge open 50 instances of itself on windows startup: when I boot on the my laptop and then goto startup section in task Manager it shows like 50 instances of edge yes i have counted and they were ±50 ranging from LOW startup impact to HIGH [ATTACH]...
  8. Opening tabs on edge on startup

Opening tabs on edge on startup: For online schooling, I was wondering if there is a way to open Microsoft edge on start-up, and have it set to open these 3 specific tabs I always need every single day?...
  9. Slow response on initial startup

Slow response on initial startup: When I restart my computer, the initial Windows screen comes up as normal. However, I must hit enter several times to be allowed to sign-in. Once I sign in with my pin, things slow to a crawl. Usually, the desktop comes up but often without words or it flashes numberous times...
  10. Initial Startup of New Desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Initial Startup of New Desktop: I just bought a new HP Pavilion 590-p0050 desktop PC. I have never started a new computer for the first time. In the past I have always paid a technician to do this. This is not feasible this time. Could someone steer me to a ny type of guide or instructions on how to go...