Windows 10: Edge not opening Printer or Router Menus on local home network

Discus and support Edge not opening Printer or Router Menus on local home network in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My setup is ASUS Router for Home with 4 computers. Not sure when this happened but since using Windows 10 Ver 1809 (OS Build 17763.253) I Can connect... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JerryF, Jan 19, 2019.

1. JerryF Win User

Edge not opening Printer or Router Menus on local home network

My setup is ASUS Router for Home with 4 computers.
    Not sure when this happened but since using Windows 10 Ver 1809 (OS Build 17763.253)

I Can connect to the ASUS router main menu by Name in Edge, but not using its IP address of 192.168.50.1. Also now clicking on My HP Laser Multifunction icon or typing in its IP Address of 192.168.50.140 Edge fails to open the printer Web Menu. (Edge is the default browser)

Typing in the IP addresses in either IE or Chrome takes me right to the web pages.

My wife's laptop uses the same version of Windows 10 but does not have this problem as Edge goes right to the Web Pages

Any idea of why Edge should do this. (SFC/scannow with no errors)

Thanks

:)

JerryF, Jan 19, 2019
  2. Nailezs Win User

networking a printer

when networking a printer does it have to be connected to the router or can it be connected to a pc and be networked thru the pc?

Nailezs, Jan 19, 2019
  3. Ikaruga Win User
    router logs DoS attack from a local PC....

Well you did not say that you don't really know what you are doing. It's not a problem of course, but it changes things a little.

It's not even clear if the PC or the router is the problem at this time, so I suggested that you disable some unnecessary things which are usually known to cause many problems, sorry if those were too complicated.

• You could reset some network related stuffz on the PC as a next step. Open an elevated command prompt (run as administrator), and enter the followings on the PC:
      netsh int ip reset reset.log
      netsh int ipv6 reset
      netsh winsock reset
      netsh branchcache reset
      netsh advfirewall reset
      (note: You can export your current firewall rules in the "group policy" before the reset if it's needed for some reason)

• Btw, Would it be a problem to reset the router to the default settings if the things we are trying will not help? There is a menu point for that called "factory settings" (and also a little hole on the back if you prefer that one).. the Administrator username in the router after the reset would be admin and the password is probably on a sticker at the bottom of the router (special settings needed to go online with your ISP might be also necessary)
      This is not needed now (not yet), but perhaps the source of the problem is at the router and not the PC in question, so we may come to that eventually.
    ps.: Do you have a second network card you could test in that PC and a different cable to rule out some hardware issues on the PC side?

Ikaruga, Jan 19, 2019
  4. Edge not opening Printer or Router Menus on local home network

Wireless printer does not show my Asus router 5g network

Hi Dan,

It is possible that this issue is caused by the incompatibility between your network/router and printer. To better assist you we would like to verify some information:

• Can your other devices detect the 5G network?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Jan 19, 2019
Thema:

Edge not opening Printer or Router Menus on local home network

1. Edge not opening Printer or Router Menus on local home network - Similar Threads - Edge opening Printer

2. Installing local network printer driver .

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing local network printer driver .: Hi folks, I am trying to install local network printer driver on windows 10 but it gives me error as below . Windows cannot connect to the printer 0x00006e4 This issue happened for some users. The steps that I did : Restart print spooler service. Check the network...
  3. Menus not openning

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Menus not openning: i recently built a brand new pc, AMD ryzen 5 2600x with a geforce GTX 1660. Its been working fine the first few days but now that I brought the pc back from my dads house for a week, the wifi network list is openning up but not showing networks. I tried going into the start...
  4. Installing home network printer is causing a delay opening Wordpad

Installing home network printer is causing a delay opening Wordpad: First of all, I'll just mention that I'm using Windows 10 2004 (build 19041), I don't recall seeing this issue in 1909 and previous versions of Windows 10. I opened wordpad today and found it was taking longer than usual to open. It didn't matter if I was opening a blank...
  5. Home network printer is causing a delay opening Wordpad

Home network printer is causing a delay opening Wordpad: First of all, I'll just mention that I'm using Windows 10 2004 (build 19041), I don't recall seeing this issue in 1909 and previous versions of Windows 10. I opened wordpad today and found it was taking longer than usual to open. It didn't matter if I was opening a blank...
  6. New Modem-Router - Home Network (Device Access)

New Modem-Router - Home Network (Device Access): I just bought a new/replacement modem-router this past week (Netgear N600 - C3700), and love it. I decided to also set up a private home network between my two desktop computers. I've always wanted to do this with my previous router, but just never did. I also connected an...
  7. Networking, router or?

Networking, router or?: Hello, my issue is, I wish to connect my 3 laptops together for shared networking. Windows7, 10 &10. I can connect 2 together via ethernet cable but since my internet access is a private network AirCard (wifi), I don't have a physical router. I am wondering what I need in...
  8. HP printer on router

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP printer on router: I have an HP Photosmart printer which works just fine when plugged into a USB port. However I need to have it connected to my router so I can share it. Unfortunately Windows 10 cant see it there, either by Ethernet or wireless. Did the Google thing and the HP searches, no...
  9. How to secure your router and home network

How to secure your router and home network: Many computer users don't realize it, but for most people their internet router is the most important electronic device in their home. It links most of their other devices together and to the world, so it has a highly privileged position that hackers can exploit....
  10. Unable to see the local router Wi-Fi network

Unable to see the local router Wi-Fi network: I am working on a friend HP All-in-one system that has a Wi-Fi interface. It came with Windows 10 so there has been no upgrade from a previous version of Windows. Some of the System Specification: HP 23-r119c All-in-One Desktop PC Intel Core i3-4170T CPU 8 GB of memory...