Windows 10: Edge not opening webpages after upgrade to 1809

Discus and support Edge not opening webpages after upgrade to 1809 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi guys there definitely seems to be a bug with 1809 affecting certain Realtek network cards and Edge. Realtek RTL8102E/RTL8103E Family PCI-E Fast... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by hongkongpom, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Edge not opening webpages after upgrade to 1809

Hi guys there definitely seems to be a bug with 1809 affecting certain Realtek network cards and Edge.

Realtek RTL8102E/RTL8103E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.2)

I have three computers. Two laptops & a desktop.
    DT & one laptop had no problems but the laptop with the Realtek RTL8102E/RTL8103E has the Edge bug.

When I open Edge it doesn't open any webpages
    IE works fine
    IPV6 on or off doesn't make any difference
    Resetting the firewall doesn't help
    Resetting Edge doesn't help
    Reinstalling the adapter doesn't help

The other laptop with the Realtek PCIe FE Family controller works fine

The only thing that worked was to change my network from Private to Public.

Hoping for a bug fix soon as this problem laptop is my media server so now I can access the shared folders on it.

:)

hongkongpom, Oct 4, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

Print webpage from Windows Edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

You can print any webpage easily to your printer, PDF file or XPS file in Microsoft Edge browser using below steps:

• Open webpage that you want to print in Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on "More actions" link (This is link with three dots (...) at right side on address bar)
    • In "More actions" menu, Click on "Print" to open Print Settings dialog
    • In Print Settings dialog, select Printer that you want to use. Select "Microsoft XPS Document Writer" if you want to print to XPS document or select "Microsoft Print to PDF" if you want to print webpage to PDF file. You can also select any physical
      printer to print webpage to paper.
    • Select other print options like print orientation, pages that you want to print, scaling, margins and option to print page headers and footers.
    • Click on "Print" button in Print Settings dialog to start printing current webpage to your selected printer.
    • If you have selected Microsoft XPS or Print to PDF as Printer, Microsoft Edge will save generated XPS or PDF file to your Documents folder with current webpage title as file name.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Oct 4, 2018
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Microsoft Edge Webpage Content Flickering Issues with Facebook and Other Websites Which Contain Videos In Their Webpage.

Hi,

Let's try to isolate the cause of this issue, we suggest that you use a new
    InPrivate window
    and try to go to a webpage with a video again. Follow the steps below:

• Open Edge.
    • Click on the three dots icon on the upper right part of the screen.
    • Click New InPrivate window.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you disable hardware acceleration and use software rendering instead of hardware rendering to view the webpage.
    Here are the steps on how to use software rendering:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Internet Options, and click on
      Internet Options
      from the results.
    • Click on the Advanced tab.
    • Under Accelerated graphics, check Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering.
    Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Oct 4, 2018
  4. Edge not opening webpages after upgrade to 1809

Webpages not loading on Windows 10

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience caused regarding the webpages as you are not able to open them. I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. Are you getting any error code or error message while you are opening webpages?

2. Is this issue specific to any particular browser?

3. Are you able to open the webpages in Inprivate mode?

Follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Run the Edge or IE using InPrivate browser option and check the issue status.

Refer to these steps to open Edge or IE using
    InPrivate browser option.

Open the IE and press Shift + Ctrl + P

OR

1. Open the Edge, then click on more options (...)

2. Click on New InPrivate window.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reset the settings on the Microsoft Edge web browser to check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Steps to Reset Edge:-

• First of all launch Microsoft Edge Browser.
    • After that click on “More action” option which is visible at top right side of the browser and you will see “Settings” option.
    • Under “Settings” scroll down and you will see a button “Choose what to clear” under “Clear browsing data” option.
    • Once you click on this option you will see list of feature like
    • Browsing History
    • Cookies and saved website data
    • Cached data and file
    • Download history
    • Form data
    • Password.

I suggest you to try opening the websites with Add-ons on and check if it helps. Refer the steps provided to enable Add-ons on Internet Explorer 11 in the below link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/manage-add-ons#ie=ie-11

Reply us with more information to assist you better.

Anup Karkal, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

Edge not opening webpages after upgrade to 1809

1. Edge not opening webpages after upgrade to 1809 - Similar Threads - Edge opening webpages

2. Snipca not opening webpages.

in Browsers and Email
    Snipca not opening webpages.: Hi, Wondered if anyone else was experiencing similar on Windows 10. Thought maybe the glitch with recent updates could be the problem. Any advice appreciated. 152600
  3. edge will not print webpage

in Windows 10 Customization
    edge will not print webpage: Ms Edge will not print webpages. Using a HP Pavilion Desktop Soft Ware build A1NAv6PrA6 When I visit a website that is offering a coupon I click on the websites coupon button and nothing happens. I then try printing from MS Edge using setting Print and again nothing...
  4. Incorrectly displaying webpages on chrome and edge

in Windows 10 Support
    Incorrectly displaying webpages on chrome and edge: I have freshly installed windows 10. Everything was OK but today I cannot use chrome anymore [img] and Edge browser has some issues as well [img] . I even installed antivirus and scanned the whole disc but nothing found. Where's the problem? 142164
  5. Edge won't autofill passwords after 1809 upgrade

in Browsers and Email
    Edge won't autofill passwords after 1809 upgrade: Has anybody noticed that usernames and passwords will no longer autofill in Edge after upgrading to V1809? This has happened to two of my systems. The credentials still exist be they're no being used by Edge. Tried recreating them, turning all the usual options off and on,...
  6. Edge won't autofill passwords after 1809 upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge won't autofill passwords after 1809 upgrade: Has anybody noticed that usernames and passwords will no longer autofill in Edge after upgrading to V1809? This has happened to two of my systems. The credentials still exist be they're no being used by Edge. Tried recreating them, turning all the usual options off and on,...
  7. not open webpage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    not open webpage: not open web page error (DLG_FLAGS_SEC_CERT_CN_INVALID https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-open-webpage/53925e82-0fee-4cba-ba2c-c4000037dc99
  8. Edge won't open after 1809 update

Edge won't open after 1809 update: I installed the 1809 update last night and now Edge won't load. Get the "oops something must have happened" message. Bing and FireFox work fine. IVP6 is enabled....
  9. How to have Edge open a specific file instead of webpage when opening

How to have Edge open a specific file instead of webpage when opening: I have IE open a bookmark file when opening that has links that I use often. But with Edge there is not way to do this. How can I do this? Or is this impossible? I do NOT need/want to open Edge with "Top Sites' etc. IE allows this. Edge does not....
  10. Webpage dropdowns only work in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Webpage dropdowns only work in Edge: Odd problem here. When using the site www.ava.org, the links across the top like Clubs and Events should have drop downs. On Windows 7 and 8, the dropdowns work fine with the latest version of Firefox, Chrome and Opera. On Windows 10, the dropdowns only work in Edge. I have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge slow after 1809 update

2. edge not opening webpages

3. microsoft edge does not load 1809

4. pdf dont open in IE browser after 1809 upgrade,
  5. edge doesnt work after 1809 upgrade,
  6. windows 1809 web pages not loading,
  7. after upgrade to windows 10 1809 unable to access email server with edge,
  8. edge 1809 not opening sites,
  9. edge doesnt display certain website running Windows 10 1809,
  10. windows 10 1809 chrome not loading webpages,
  11. edge very slow 1809,