Windows 10: Edge not remembering where I left off in PDF anymore

Discus and support Edge not remembering where I left off in PDF anymore in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I really like the edge pdf reader as fonts look really good. Since 1809 update which I did a few days ago, it doesn't remember where I left off in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Grandma Ruth, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Edge not remembering where I left off in PDF anymore

I really like the edge pdf reader as fonts look really good. Since 1809 update which I did a few days ago, it doesn't remember where I left off in a pdf. I have to scroll forward to 45 or 50 etc. It would be really cool if edge remembered where I left off, just like before. Perhaps there is a setting that I am missing ? Would be glad if someone knew how to make it remember the last accessed page in a PDF.

:)

Grandma Ruth, Mar 5, 2019

2. Navigating PDF viewer in Edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you faced.
    I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to follow the below given steps to print the page.

• Open the pdf file you want to print in Edge.
    • Press Ctrl + P key to open print option.
    • Select the Printer and desired page layout.
    • Click on Print and check if it works.
    To search any words in the Edge PDF viewer, press Ctrl + F and type the desired words in find box in left top corner of the browser and search.

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Mar 5, 2019
  3. Victek Win User
    Problem with Outlook 2016 not remembering default PDF app choice

Thanks for the suggestion. I wonder though if the issue actually has anything to do with the Adobe Reader? When I first observed the problem Edge was showing as the default PDF reader in Outlook's drop down list. It was possible to select Adobe Reader from the list, but even though we put a check in the box for Outlook to remember the choice it didn't. After setting the Adobe Reader as the default in Control Panel/Default Programs/ the icon on PDF files changed to the Adobe Reader icon and it replaced Edge as the first app in Outlook's drop down list, however Outlook continues to ask and doesn't save the choice.

One thing I wanted to try was repairing Microsoft Office, but strangely there is no entry in Programs and Features. I wonder if there's a way to run the repair from the command line?

Victek, Mar 5, 2019
  4. Edge not remembering where I left off in PDF anymore

Navigating PDF viewer in Edge

This response is no value because I am not printing. I want to skip to page 50 on a 200 page document without scrolling

nemiastevens, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

Edge not remembering where I left off in PDF anymore

1. Edge not remembering where I left off in PDF anymore - Similar Threads - Edge remembering where

2. Microsoft edge doesn't save changes to PDF files anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft edge doesn't save changes to PDF files anymore: If I use edge to edit a PDF already saved on my computer eg, highlight something, add notes, it won't save those changes. It does if I change the path of the file, like if I rename the folder, but I don't want to change the path of all my current files. I have tried to update...
  3. Microsoft edge doesn't save changes to PDF files anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft edge doesn't save changes to PDF files anymore: If I use edge to edit a PDF already saved on my computer eg, highlight something, add notes, it won't save those changes. It does if I change the path of the file, like if I rename the folder, but I don't want to change the path of all my current files. I have tried to update...
  4. Microsoft edge doesn't save changes to PDF files anymore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Pick of where I left off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pick of where I left off: I have Cortana disabled and every app I can disabled on startup both in the app/program and in the Task manager. Windows is still acting like the feature "Pick Up Where I Left Off" is still on, even though I cannot find a way to disable it (or that it is even an option to...
  6. Timeline is full but Cortana not showing Where i left off...

Timeline is full but Cortana not showing Where i left off...: Timeline is full but Cortana not showing Where i left off... tried reinstalling/reregistering signed out / in went from microsoft account back to local back to microsoft.... settings....all activitys are on..syncing is on.... so frustrating... 121700
  7. Edge will not remember passwords!

in Browsers and Email
    Edge will not remember passwords!: Passwords do not work on bing. When I try to log in, it has my email stored, but then the password never autofills like Chrome does. Chrome is flawless in this regard, never had an issue. I don't get what is so hard about filling in a password. I can't be typing in complex...
  8. Cortana not showing tips and where I left off....

Cortana not showing tips and where I left off....: Hey! Usually cortona shows me tips and pick up where I left off I made sure all settings are correct re enabled the pick up where I left off option and made sure tips were all enabled Also re registered windows cortina through power shell...any ideas.... 113423
  9. Edge Not Remembering Pwds

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Not Remembering Pwds: It always worked, then one day it just stopped, and yes its enabled in settings to remember. Tried clearing everything, it still won't remember any of my logins. 78589
  10. Can I at least pick up where I left off??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I at least pick up where I left off??: I've tried at least a half dozen times over two days to upgrade w 7 pro to ten. Each time stopping at a different place. Only one descriptive message to uninstall Acronis. Following that advice and the install went all the way to 47 percent before going to bed. Woke up to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Pick up where you left off on PDF documents microsoft edge

2. microsoft edge pdf where pick up and left

3. edge open pdf where i left off