Windows 10: Edge not Saving Passwords Credential manager is running, save passwords is checked to...

Discus and support Edge not Saving Passwords Credential manager is running, save passwords is checked to... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After the latest updates, Edge is not saving passwords. This occurred a couple of times last year after updates - occurred again after the updates in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ColoradoCate, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Edge not Saving Passwords Credential manager is running, save passwords is checked to...

After the latest updates, Edge is not saving passwords. This occurred a couple of times last year after updates - occurred again after the updates in Jan-Feb 2021. NOT GOOD. I have checked Credential Manager - it is running, I have gone to "save Passwords" in settings - disabled and reenabled it. I have disabled it, cleared cache and renenabled it . Nothing seems to work to fix this. Microsoft needs to just do security updates twicw a month with software updates occurring only at most TWICE a year. This way Microsoft can actually run enough TESTING on the software updates to make sure they don't crash our computers. And no updates should ever be MANDATORY. Why does Microsoft want to be so absolute controlling on how each person uses his or her own computer? I can't get Edge to save passwords - and there seems to be no way to actually fix it since it is an update that caused it and I have no idea which update so unless I undo all of the ones for the past 18 months, I can't save passowords. And since Microsoft decided to FORCE updates, make them mandatory on Windows 10, then the problem will only keep recurring until Microsoft comes up with an "update" to fix the issue.

:)

ColoradoCate, Mar 30, 2021

2. Saved Passwords and Credentials on Edge

These, and probably more articles, indicate that the passwords in Credential Manager are shared, but you could run your own test.

Remove login data for a website or two, visit the websites with Edge and see if Internet Explorer can use that saved login data.

Actually, since Cookies are not shared, you will probably have to enter the username (and maybe the password) on the first visit.

How To View Passwords Saved In Edge Browser In Windows 10

Password manager to Edge

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/manage-passwords-in-edge-browser

Don

Don Varnau, Mar 30, 2021
  3. TorrenceL Win User
    Saved Passwords and Credentials on Edge

Hello I have Windows 10 and am wondering when I save passwords are they saving to the same credential manager as Internet Explorer?

If I save a web password on Edge will it also come up in Explorer and vice versa if I save a password on IE will it come up in Edge or are they both independent of each other?

TorrenceL, Mar 30, 2021
  4. Edge not Saving Passwords Credential manager is running, save passwords is checked to...

Saved Passwords and Credentials on Edge

ChanDang71, Mar 30, 2021
Thema:

Edge not Saving Passwords Credential manager is running, save passwords is checked to...

1. Edge not Saving Passwords Credential manager is running, save passwords is checked to... - Similar Threads - Edge Saving Passwords

2. MS Edge saved passwords.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS Edge saved passwords.: My saved passwords/email addresses do not appear in a dropdown list when I click the email box.If I then insert one letter it lists only the email addresses starting with that letter including the passwords.Two identical PCs and this has only appeared on one PC a couple of...
  3. Edge won't save Passwords.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Edge won't save Passwords.: Hi all, I prefer using MS Edge to using chrome but because MS Edge will not save passwords I counting to use chrome. I have a laptop and pad both running MS windows 10 and edge and with no problems, it's only my main PC that will not save passwords I have all the same...
  4. Strange passwords saved in manager

Strange passwords saved in manager: Hi,Just went into password manager on windows 10,found 4 saved user ID's and passwords I did not create,or recognize.HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-passwords-saved-in-manager/bac9078e-efad-4f61-8756-13dbb22a9030"
  5. How to save favorite passwords in Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to save favorite passwords in Edge: I recently bought a new laptop and when I got the new one going, I transferred/moved all my favorites from my old laptop and put them in the new laptop in EDGE. So far, so good. however I cannot get the passwords to save for favorites I've used forever. Any ideas?...
  6. manage-view-saved-passwords-microsoft edge

manage-view-saved-passwords-microsoft edge: Plz help for manage-view-saved-passwords-Microsoft edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/manage-view-saved-passwords-microsoft-edge/990bd62b-b81e-4bab-b9aa-88a42ab6d38c"
  7. Windows Edge is not saving my passwords

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Edge is not saving my passwords: Hey, I wanted to use Windows Edge as my browser, not crome (even though I like chrome) windows works well, but my passwords are not saving. I know some people say; go to settings, advanced, then to save passwords/autofill. But that does not work. I have the boxes checked...
  8. Saving Passwords - Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Saving Passwords - Edge: Why is Edge saving site passwords on some, but not others. I have to keep signing into my email, this site, facebook, and yet it saves others. I may as well go back to vivaldi 103215
  9. Location of Edge saved passwords

in Browsers and Email
    Location of Edge saved passwords: Does anyone here know where the names and passwords are stored for saved credentials? I assume they're encoded or encrypted, but are they in a registry entry or a file somewhere? I understand how to manage them, just looking for the location *Smile Thanks in advance!...
  10. Manage Saved Passwords in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Manage Saved Passwords in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Manage Saved Passwords in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Manage your Saved Passwords in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster,...