Windows 10: Edge - Not Smooth URL SearchBar

Discus and support Edge - Not Smooth URL SearchBar in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; This is an odd one, and a minor gripe, so please bear with me. As of yesterday when I click the URL searchbar (at the top) the transition to "most... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Faith, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Faith Win User

Edge - Not Smooth URL SearchBar

This is an odd one, and a minor gripe, so please bear with me.

As of yesterday when I click the URL searchbar (at the top) the transition to "most popular" and "log" happens in two chunks without a smooth scroll. The best way to describe this is if you click the "..." settings tab to the top right the transition is smooth. That same behavior used to happen also on the URL searchbar, but apparently - as of yesterday - this is not the case. Now it's without that smooth scrolling. Can anyone confirm that this is normal? Nothing has changed to the computer since then, apart for maybe apps auto updating. It's not an issue really, but more of a curiosity I guess. It provokes my ADD.

:)

Faith, Oct 19, 2018

2. edge,cortana,searchbar and start menue stopped

edge,cortana,searchbar and start menue seem to have stopped working after i have opened edge then opened some thing else and tryed to go back to any of the menues like the start menue. the only way to use these again is to restart my lap top.

RobertPhillipsyz, Oct 19, 2018
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 19, 2018
  4. Edge - Not Smooth URL SearchBar

What is smooth scrolling?

Hi Kenneth,

Smooth scrolling is a feature available in Internet Explorer that allows you to scroll through a web pages smoothly, as the name of the feature suggests. If this is turned off, when scrolling through a web page, you'll notice that the scroll
    bar slides down as if it's slightly delayed, but if this is turned on, the scroll bar slides down smoothly, without delay.

This is useful when scanning through long web pages or articles.

To turn on/off smooth scrolling, see the following steps:

• Open Internet Explorer, click the gear icon, and then click
      Internet
      Options.
    • Click on the Advanced tab.
    • Locate Use smooth scrolling, and tick the check box if you want it turned on/off.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Patricia Yu, Oct 19, 2018
Thema:

Edge - Not Smooth URL SearchBar

1. Edge - Not Smooth URL SearchBar - Similar Threads - Edge Smooth URL

2. Searchbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Searchbar: My searchbar won't allow me to type in it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/searchbar/49b5d0b8-ea10-4faf-973e-04c52e962c3d
  3. Searchbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Searchbar: My searchbar won't allow me to type in it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/searchbar/49b5d0b8-ea10-4faf-973e-04c52e962c3d
  4. Searchbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Searchbar: I figured out the program button and watch youtube videos on how to get rid of the search bar above my screen but the program installed is called webviewer and I can only change it not uninstall it please tell me if I got the wrong program name....
  5. Searchbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Searchbar: I figured out the program button and watch youtube videos on how to get rid of the search bar above my screen but the program installed is called webviewer and I can only change it not uninstall it please tell me if I got the wrong program name....
  6. Edge open URL in new Windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge open URL in new Windows: Edge is not currently our default browser due to multiple incompatibilities with various applications. Some sites must open in Chrome for proper functionality. For sites that are Edge compatible we would like to create shortcuts to launch those web apps in a new Edge...
  7. cursor edge is not smooth in latest update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cursor edge is not smooth in latest update: I use acer swift s314-51 windows 10 pro 1809.In my device cursor edge is not smmoth and there is a black rough stroke around the cursor busy icon....help me to fix this issue.....
  8. EDGE opens a URL and then redirects to a different URL

in Browsers and Email
    EDGE opens a URL and then redirects to a different URL: When I put in Anadarko High School Class Of 1959, Anadarko, OK the page opens for a second and then is redirected to Welcome. This does not happen in Firefox, it opens the anadarko59 site and stays there. As far as I know, the anadarko59 URL is the only one this happens to...
  9. disable font-smoothing in Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    disable font-smoothing in Microsoft Edge: Does anyone know how to disable font-smoothing in MS Edge? The system-wide setting doesnt work. 10692
  10. Dragging an URL form Edge to the Desktop

in Browsers and Email
    Dragging an URL form Edge to the Desktop: Is it possible to drag URL's from Edge to the desktop? I got very used to doing this under Firefox and found it handy. Thank you. 100390