Windows 10: Edge not stopping videos automatically playing

Discus and support Edge not stopping videos automatically playing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have the latest Edge and am presently excited about it not stopping videos from automatically playing. Yes, I have set it to Block and once in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lumbergumrubber, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Edge not stopping videos automatically playing

I have the latest Edge and am presently excited about it not stopping videos from automatically playing. Yes, I have set it to Block and once in a while that will stop videos from playing but 99% of the time, it does not.

Obviously from what I'm gathering, there is no way to stop this from happening within Edge but am wondering if there is an extension that one can put in here to stop videos from playing automatically, such as an extension. I know there's ones for Chrome etc but will these work in Edge & if so, how does one go about getting it and doing that.

From what I can see, there is nothing out there that one can get into Edge but am wondering of course if I'm overlooking something. Do please advise. Thanks!

:)

Lumbergumrubber, Jun 8, 2020

2. how to stop videos from automatically playing in microsoft edge

In my opinion, video automatically playing should be depends on the website itself. It's not Edge problem. I made a test using Youtube, it works fine in Edge.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact
    tnmff@microsoft.com.

You can check this
    link
    as well for more information.

Regards.

PreciousLeb, Jun 8, 2020
  3. how to stop videos from automatically playing in microsoft edge

Hi Helene,

Although Chrome and Microsoft Edge is not related to each other as a browser, we suggest for you to follow these steps:

• Open Google Chrome.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Show Advanced Settings.
    • Under Privacy, click Content settings.
    • Scroll down up to Plugins.
    • Select Let me choose when to run plugin content.

After that, reload Microsoft Edge from your computer/laptop.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Edge not stopping videos automatically playing

Edge browser playing automatic video clips!

Hi

How do I stop automatic video clips from playing on edge?

I'm on limited broadband usage and it's annoying that I can't stop the video clips eating into my data usage!

I can be reading an news article etc and scroll down only to find a clip has been playing for some time (I don't have the sound on).

Hoping somebody can help me!

Thanking you for your time in reading this.

Staffs-Knot, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

Edge not stopping videos automatically playing

1. Edge not stopping videos automatically playing - Similar Threads - Edge stopping videos

2. VIDEO PAUSE PLAY AUTOMATICALLY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VIDEO PAUSE PLAY AUTOMATICALLY: Video pause and play automatically only when I use an internal Youtube, google or 3rd party software windows media player, VLC, films &TVs . It happens only when I am playing a video or audio.it also happens when the window is minimized. No virus after scanissues in Windows...
  3. VIDEO PAUSE PLAY AUTOMATICALLY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VIDEO PAUSE PLAY AUTOMATICALLY: Video pause and play automatically only when I use an internal Youtube, google or 3rd party software windows media player, VLC, films &TVs . It happens only when I am playing a video or audio.it also happens when the window is minimized. No virus after scanissues in Windows...
  4. VIDEO PAUSE PLAY AUTOMATICALLY

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Video suddenly stops playing

Video suddenly stops playing: All videos suddenly stop playing; on YouTube, Edge, Chrome and those saved on my computer.I have updated drivers.Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-suddenly-stops-playing/7a3f1abd-9fa5-455e-a55d-68b452fd07d6
  6. Edge won't play CBS.com videos

in Browsers and Email
    Edge won't play CBS.com videos: Have uBlock Origin installed on Brave, Opera and Edge. They all play CBS videos except for Edge. In fact, commercials pop up in Edge but never shows videos. - - - - - Windows 10 Pro 170676
  7. video's will randomly stop playing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    video's will randomly stop playing: For some reason when i watch something the video will just freeze or the audio wont work then the audio will randomly start working again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-will-randomly-stop-playing/5d750905-a780-420a-93a1-7dbab7137603
  8. amazon prime video stopped playing in microsoft edge

amazon prime video stopped playing in microsoft edge: Amazon prime video always played fine using Edge browser till a couple days ago. Now it won't even allow me to click on a selection, or sometime it does it takes minutes to load, or times out with code 7017. I have google fiber gigabyte service so I have plenty of bandwidth....
  9. How to stop auto play videos on websites in Edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to stop auto play videos on websites in Edge: I just purchased a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 and Edge. I was under the impression that I could easily stop the annoying auto play videos on websites but I cannot figure out how to do so. I've seen posts about Internet Explorer and Active X but that doesn't seem to apply...
  10. How to stop Videos from Auto-playing in Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to stop Videos from Auto-playing in Microsoft Edge browser: [ATTACH] Microsoft Windows 10 v1809 has added options that let you allow or disable video autoplay in Microsoft Edge. You can stop them from playing on all websites you open on Microsoft Edge, or you can allow/stop them from playing on [...] This post How to stop Videos from...