Windows 10: Edge open URL in new Windows

Discus and support Edge open URL in new Windows in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Edge is not currently our default browser due to multiple incompatibilities with various applications. Some sites must open in Chrome for proper... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kevin Brown-Goebeler, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Edge open URL in new Windows

Edge is not currently our default browser due to multiple incompatibilities with various applications. Some sites must open in Chrome for proper functionality. For sites that are Edge compatible we would like to create shortcuts to launch those web apps in a new Edge window. Everything we try opens them instead in a new tab. This was easy with IE. Can this be done with Edge?

:)

Kevin Brown-Goebeler, Mar 29, 2019

2. Microsoft Edge doesn't open in Windows 10

Microsoft Edge doesn't open in Windows 10.

Somehow my system got infected with some malware. Due to which Edge was opening random ads in new tabs with any click on any site. After some efforts I cleaned the malware, but the malware seem to have broken edge; some edge files also got cleaned out.

Now while opening opening blue screen comes fine, just a quick flash of Edge window comes but without showing anything or allowing to do anything closes itself.

I couldn't uninstall and re-install as Edge doesn't show in programs list.

I also tried following steps as suggested by the Microsoft Virtual support agent, No issues came up with that and nothing got resolved.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click command prompt (Run as administrator).
    • In the Administrator Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

shubhamgpt, Mar 29, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 29, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Edge open URL in new Windows

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 29, 2019
Thema:

Edge open URL in new Windows

1. Edge open URL in new Windows - Similar Threads - Edge open URL

2. Opening a URL in a new window with /n

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening a URL in a new window with /n: I am trying to save a link as a shortcut on my desktop. I have the target set to "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" /n, https://www.cnn.comI want it to open in a new window, hence the /n. A new window does open, but the website doesn't load. What am I doing wrong?...
  3. Opening a URL in a new window with /n

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opening a URL in a new window with /n: I am trying to save a link as a shortcut on my desktop. I have the target set to "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" /n, https://www.cnn.comI want it to open in a new window, hence the /n. A new window does open, but the website doesn't load. What am I doing wrong?...
  4. Opening a URL in a new window with /n

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Link to Windows Not Opening URLs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Link to Windows Not Opening URLs: I have the link set up and are receiving notifications on my PC. I recently had to switch to a new messaging/SMS app and everything worked. When I switched back, the notifications/texts on my PC when there are URL's do nothing. No link in the text messages on my PC work. I...
  6. Open "edge://surf" on the new Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Open "edge://surf" on the new Edge: Game submitted by /u/oneberto [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g9l57r/open_edgesurf_on_the_new_edge/
  7. Edge - Not Smooth URL SearchBar

in Browsers and Email
    Edge - Not Smooth URL SearchBar: This is an odd one, and a minor gripe, so please bear with me. As of yesterday when I click the URL searchbar (at the top) the transition to "most popular" and "log" happens in two chunks without a smooth scroll. The best way to describe this is if you click the "..."...
  8. EDGE opens a URL and then redirects to a different URL

in Browsers and Email
    EDGE opens a URL and then redirects to a different URL: When I put in Anadarko High School Class Of 1959, Anadarko, OK the page opens for a second and then is redirected to Welcome. This does not happen in Firefox, it opens the anadarko59 site and stays there. As far as I know, the anadarko59 URL is the only one this happens to...
  9. Twitter links now opening in Edge, but Edge not finding the URL

in Windows 10 Customization
    Twitter links now opening in Edge, but Edge not finding the URL: Starting a few days ago, when I click on a twitter link in e-mail, the Edge browser opens and displays the message, " Sorry, that page doesn't exist! Why not try a search to find something else? Chrome is my default browser - just checked - and I want to keep it that way....
  10. Open URL from Desktop Shortcut in Fullscreen for Microsoft Edge ?

in Browsers and Email
    Open URL from Desktop Shortcut in Fullscreen for Microsoft Edge ?: ....... I would like to add a Microsoft Edge desktop shortcut to an url and open in fullscreen (not just maximized). Can someone please tell me how to configure the shortcut ...?... 87651