Windows 10: EDGE opens a URL and then redirects to a different URL

Discus and support EDGE opens a URL and then redirects to a different URL in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When I put in Anadarko High School Class Of 1959, Anadarko, OK the page opens for a second and then is redirected to Welcome. This does not happen in... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Buddy Kidd, Sep 2, 2018.

1. EDGE opens a URL and then redirects to a different URL

When I put in Anadarko High School Class Of 1959, Anadarko, OK the page opens for a second and then is redirected to Welcome. This does not happen in Firefox, it opens the anadarko59 site and stays there. As far as I know, the anadarko59 URL is the only one this happens to and it only happens in Edge.

I have run Norton, Malwarebytes, SuperAntiSpyware, and Adwcleaner. None of them found anything. I need help finding what the problem is.

:)

Buddy Kidd, Sep 2, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 2, 2018
  3. when on or restart microsoft edge open

Hi,

Just to clarify, you would like to stop Microsoft Edge from automatically opening the link you stated, is that right?

If so, I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Open Microsoft Edge.

2. Click the "more"(three dots) option.

3. Click Settings > Open Microsoft edge with/

4. From the drop down list, choose a different option other than "specific page".

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Wungraileng Vashi, Sep 2, 2018
  4. John Vil Win User

EDGE opens a URL and then redirects to a different URL

Can't open Outlook links in Edge

Hi,

In order for us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Dose this problem occur on a particular website or all the links you try to open from Outlook?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?

In the meantime, we suggest that you reset Microsoft Edge. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More options […].
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on ‘Choose what to clear’.
    • Select all of them and click on Clear all.

We look forward for your reply.

John Vil, Sep 2, 2018
Thema:

EDGE opens a URL and then redirects to a different URL

1. EDGE opens a URL and then redirects to a different URL - Similar Threads - EDGE opens URL

2. Recovery key and different URL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery key and different URL: I try to get my recovery key from my account and when I click on Manage your recovery key says than is different URL. Can someone give me a clue what to do? Thx in advance...
  3. Recovery key and different URL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery key and different URL: I try to get my recovery key from my account and when I click on Manage your recovery key says than is different URL. Can someone give me a clue what to do? Thx in advance...
  4. Kids can bypass Edge parent control with redirect URL

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Kids can bypass Edge parent control with redirect URL: I setup parent control to only allow a list of website to access for my son, and also only limit him to surf the web with Edge. It works pretty good in normal cases. However, I found he could visit whatever game website with a redirect htm file. I tried the same method with a...
  5. URL shortcut - open with

in Browsers and Email
    URL shortcut - open with: You can make shortcuts for programs, but a special thing is to make shortcuts to web URL's The thing is, if you right click on these, there's no open to open this URL with this or that browser. I would prefer that you have that option for each separate URL shortcut, but then...
  6. URL shortcut - open with

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    URL shortcut - open with: You can make shortcuts for programs, but a special thing is to make shortcuts to web URL's The thing is, if you right click on these, there's no open to open this URL with this or that browser. I would prefer that you have that option for each separate URL shortcut, but then...
  7. Edge open URL in new Windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge open URL in new Windows: Edge is not currently our default browser due to multiple incompatibilities with various applications. Some sites must open in Chrome for proper functionality. For sites that are Edge compatible we would like to create shortcuts to launch those web apps in a new Edge...
  8. Edge - Not Smooth URL SearchBar

in Browsers and Email
    Edge - Not Smooth URL SearchBar: This is an odd one, and a minor gripe, so please bear with me. As of yesterday when I click the URL searchbar (at the top) the transition to "most popular" and "log" happens in two chunks without a smooth scroll. The best way to describe this is if you click the "..."...
  9. Twitter links now opening in Edge, but Edge not finding the URL

in Windows 10 Customization
    Twitter links now opening in Edge, but Edge not finding the URL: Starting a few days ago, when I click on a twitter link in e-mail, the Edge browser opens and displays the message, " Sorry, that page doesn't exist! Why not try a search to find something else? Chrome is my default browser - just checked - and I want to keep it that way....
  10. Event Log Online Help URL Redirect

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Log Online Help URL Redirect: Is there a good working redirect for this that works? 57113

Users found this page by searching for:

1. redirect to www folder on edge

2. url redirects in edge

3. edge gmail now redirects to school login

4. opening IE redirects to edge different page