Windows 10: Edge or Chrome Browser covering Taskbar when maximized [Fix]

Discus and support Edge or Chrome Browser covering Taskbar when maximized [Fix] in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Some users have reported quite a strange thing. Their Edge or Chrome browser covers the Taskbar when it is launched on Windows 11 or Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 25, 2023.

1. WinClub New Member

Edge or Chrome Browser covering Taskbar when maximized [Fix]

Edge or Chrome Browser covering Taskbar when maximized [Fix] Edge-Chrome-Browser-covering-Taskbar.png
    Some users have reported quite a strange thing. Their Edge or Chrome browser covers the Taskbar when it is launched on Windows 11 or Windows 10. This happens only when one opens a browser, but the other apps don’t hide the Taskbar. The issue also affects multiple-screen users when they maximize the primary screen, even […]

This article Edge or Chrome Browser covering Taskbar when maximized [Fix] first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 25, 2023
  2. poit57 Win User

Browsers covering up the taskbar?

I just noticed this in the last 2 weeks on my desktop computer, but not on my laptop running Windows 11.

When Edge is maximized, the taskbar is hidden behind the browser. If I click the restore button and drag the Edge window past the taskbar, the taskbar stays on top of the browser. If I press the Windows key on my keyboard with Edge maximized, the taskbar comes back in front of the browser window along with the start menu until I close the start menu. Then the taskbar goes back behind the bottom of the browser again.

This is very annoying as it slows down switching between apps when the Edge browser is maximized. Other programs I have tried are behaving normally when maximized - the bottom of the windows butting up against the taskbar.

Edit: After further observations, while other programs are not covering the taskbar when full screen, the taskbar is covering the bottom of those windows. The only difference that I can really think of that would be affecting this issue is that my laptop is running on Intel HD graphics integrated in the CPU while my desktop is running on AMD Radeon graphics.

Edit 2: About a month since my last post, I have noticed days where the bottoms of all windows butted up against the taskbar properly, but now it is back to doing what it was before. Microsoft Edge covers the taskbar when the window is maximized, but the bottoms of all other windows are behind the taskbar when maximized.

poit57, May 25, 2023
  3. chris3353 Win User
    Taskbar covering certain maximized programs

Window 10, the gift the keeps on giving.

I re installed 10 to deal with odd behavior and all has been good. Fixed some color issues, 3rd party brightness controls, etc.

Now today, not last night, after an insistent update from windows, The task bar covered programs like Street Smart Edge trading platform. It did not before the update and now it does. Browsers, Thunderbird, explorer when maximizes are not affected. Even if when minimize i slide them under the task bar, when maximizes the snap to full screen right to the edge of the task bar.

Been searching and no happiness found. Did windows 11 solve the 100s of glitches of windows 10 or is it just as bad?

Chris

Edge or Chrome Browser covering Taskbar when maximized [Fix] 372645d1659846893t-taskbar-covering-certain-maximized-programs-task-bar-covering-sse.jpg

chris3353, May 25, 2023
  4. Colugo88 Win User

Browsers covering up the taskbar?

Hi, did any of you find a solution to this? I have the exact same problem. With web browsers like Chrome, the browser covers the taskbar in full screen. With Microsoft Office applications, the taskbar covers the bottom of the application. This is particularly problematic for excel because it means I can't use the tabs or see any of the information at the bottom right of the excel screen. One thing to note is that I only have this problem on my external monitors, not on my laptop screen for which maximized windows fit in as you would expect with the taskbar. Any ideas?

Colugo88, May 25, 2023
Thema:

1. Edge or Chrome Browser covering Taskbar when maximized [Fix] - Similar Threads - Edge Chrome Browser

2. chrome browser will not launch maximized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chrome browser will not launch maximized: The past week my Chome will not launch as it should to maximum size I'm not talking about full screen which make the taskbar disappear just the regular maximum screen.I have read online to see how to remedy this but don't find anything useful.Do you know how I can fixt his?...
  3. chrome browser will not launch maximized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    chrome browser will not launch maximized: The past week my Chome will not launch as it should to maximum size I'm not talking about full screen which make the taskbar disappear just the regular maximum screen.I have read online to see how to remedy this but don't find anything useful.Do you know how I can fixt his?...
  4. chrome browser will not launch maximized

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Browsers covering up the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Browsers covering up the taskbar?: I'm not sure if this is a known issue, but just recently it seems everytime I open a web browser windows 11 the bottom part extends over the taskbar and I am unable to use it the window is not in fullscreen mode. It only seems to happen with web browsers tried edge, google...
  6. Browsers covering up the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Browsers covering up the taskbar?: I'm not sure if this is a known issue, but just recently it seems everytime I open a web browser windows 11 the bottom part extends over the taskbar and I am unable to use it the window is not in fullscreen mode. It only seems to happen with web browsers tried edge, google...
  7. Edge replaces chrome as defalt browser.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge replaces chrome as defalt browser.: And... replaces my wallpaper, deletes the accounts signed in on chrome, and deletes my steam shortcutsand only the games, nothing else, not even not steam games, and for some reason resets Team fortress 2's resolution settings... and only that particular setting....
  8. Edge and Chrome both cover the taskbar when maxmized in my primary screen.

Edge and Chrome both cover the taskbar when maxmized in my primary screen.: I am using Windows 10 20226 with multiple monitors and recently notice that Chrome covers the taskbar when maximized in the primary screen but not when maximized in an identical secondary screen. When I checked, Edge does the same thing. Other applications, e.g. Explorer,...
  9. Taskbar on top bug with maximized browsers windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar on top bug with maximized browsers windows: [IMG] Hi guys, I really like using a transparent top taskbar and I've just noticed that browser windows (based on Chromium or Mozzilla), once maximized, add an additional border to the top causing this annoying situation where the app seems to continue under the taskbar....
  10. Desktop is covered by the taskbar when Windows is maximized

Desktop is covered by the taskbar when Windows is maximized: When I maximize Windows, I see the bottom scroll bar behind the task bar. I haven’t had this issue before. I’d like to have the desktop not covered by the taskbar...