Windows 10: Edge or Chrome??

Discus and support Edge or Chrome?? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I just installed a clean 10. What is the consensus for browser use, Chrome or Edge? 63606 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by leehop71, Sep 13, 2016.

1. leehop71 Win User

Edge or Chrome??

I just installed a clean 10.

What is the consensus for browser use, Chrome or Edge?

:)

leehop71, Sep 13, 2016

2. Edge keeps crashing

That does not work for me. I tried it several times.

RonCheney1, Sep 13, 2016
  3. bavalde Win User
    How to Resolve Microsoft Edge crashing to desktop

Hi,

I'm having the same experience, i.e. Edge crashes approx 5-20 after launch. Every time.

This is on AU (14393.10 Enterprise).

The "fix" suggested above (ie re-create a new user etc) is a rather ugly hack.

I'd rather not do it to be honest. Are there any other ways to fix this?

I've not seen this crash on any of the recent pre-AU Insider builds of Edge...

Baffled.

BR Bjørn

bavalde, Sep 13, 2016
  4. Mystere Win User

Edge or Chrome??

Use whatever you want. Everyone has a different opinion. Don't let others tell you what to use (including me).

Mystere, Sep 13, 2016
  5. Agree but I use Edge as I don't like Chrome

hTconeM9user, Sep 13, 2016
  6. swarfega Win User
    I like Chrome for its extensions and syncing. Work prefers I use Chrome for its integrated translator.

swarfega, Sep 13, 2016
  7. LMiller7 Win User
    There is no consensus and there probably never will be. And if there was it may not be relevant to you.

Among experienced users there are strongly held opinions in favor of Edge, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, and more. They are all good browsers. People use the browser they use for a variety of reasons, most which were not based on an objective analysis of the merits of each. Which one is best depends on how you define "best" and there are all kinds of ways to do that. There is no single right answer.

If you want to choose between Edge and Chrome try both and see which one you prefer. Do not be swayed by the opinions of others who have different requirements, different experiences, and different biases.

LMiller7, Sep 13, 2016
  8. Berton Win User

Edge or Chrome??

Like was said, no consensus. I have Edge, IE11, Firefox 48.0.2, SeaMonkey and Apple's Safari on my main Win10 Pro computer. I am trying Torch on a Notebook.

Berton, Sep 13, 2016
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    Best thing to do, IMO, is to try out both and see which one you like to use the most. Edge is a nice browser but to be honest, it's new and a bit rough around the edges for some while Chrome is far more developed and has more extensions.

I like both.

BunnyJ, Sep 13, 2016
  10. leehop71 Win User
    So Edge is just a browser for Windows 10? Differences between Edge and IE11?

leehop71, Sep 13, 2016
  11. Bree New Member
    This TechNet article covers the main points.
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...-edge-and-ie11

One thing the article doesn't mention, Edge has an option to Cast media content from a web page to devices such as a SmartTV. Try it next time you're on YouTube.

12. Mystere Win User
    Well, IE is no longer being developed. It's only included for compatibility with ActiveX. All new development is happening on Edge, and Edge is far more standards compatible.

Mystere, Sep 13, 2016
  13. Berton Win User

Edge or Chrome??

Also, some of Microsoft's own pages won't always work with Edge, especially some of those for downloads that give a yellow bar or other message about need IE6 or newer to use it.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Edge or Chrome??

1. Edge or Chrome?? - Similar Threads - Edge Chrome

2. Chrome and Edge changing languages and bringing up the wrong web pages: Cookie limit problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome and Edge changing languages and bringing up the wrong web pages: Cookie limit problem?: I do extensive web browsing. Typically I look up specifications, parts lists, locating software for various HP systems. Sometimes after two days or maybe after two week I have to clear cookies as my lookups change language. I can click on the same URL 2 or 3 times and either...
  3. Chrome and Edge changing languages and bringing up the wrong web pages: Cookie limit problem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome and Edge changing languages and bringing up the wrong web pages: Cookie limit problem?: I do extensive web browsing. Typically I look up specifications, parts lists, locating software for various HP systems. Sometimes after two days or maybe after two week I have to clear cookies as my lookups change language. I can click on the same URL 2 or 3 times and either...
  4. MS Edge - All downloaded files "contain a virus and were deleted". Google Chrome error when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Edge - All downloaded files "contain a virus and were deleted". Google Chrome error when...: I'm currently experiencing a problem when trying to download or save any files in Windows 10 from either Edge or Chrome. When trying to download a file in edge, I get the error "xxxx.pdf contains a virus and was deleted" - this happens for all files, regardless of source....
  5. MS Edge - All downloaded files "contain a virus and were deleted". Google Chrome error when...

MS Edge - All downloaded files "contain a virus and were deleted". Google Chrome error when...: I'm currently experiencing a problem when trying to download or save any files in Windows 10 from either Edge or Chrome. When trying to download a file in edge, I get the error "xxxx.pdf contains a virus and was deleted" - this happens for all files, regardless of source....
  6. MS Edge - All downloaded files "contain a virus and were deleted". Google Chrome error when...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. How do I turn off live captioning Windows 10 Chrome edge whatever I want live captioning...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off live captioning Windows 10 Chrome edge whatever I want live captioning...: How do I turn live captioning off copilot Bing Google none of them tell me the exact answer there's cotton picking keyboard shortcuts windows key alternate F alternate FA alternate a doesn't work yeah I'm frustrated no I'm madder than hell I can't get a straight answer from...
  8. How do I turn off live captioning Windows 10 Chrome edge whatever I want live captioning...

How do I turn off live captioning Windows 10 Chrome edge whatever I want live captioning...: How do I turn live captioning off copilot Bing Google none of them tell me the exact answer there's cotton picking keyboard shortcuts windows key alternate F alternate FA alternate a doesn't work yeah I'm frustrated no I'm madder than hell I can't get a straight answer from...
  9. How do I turn off live captioning Windows 10 Chrome edge whatever I want live captioning...

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Can Microsoft Family Safety view all Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge history before a...

Can Microsoft Family Safety view all Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge history before a...: Can Microsoft Family Safety view all Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge history before a parent downloaded this app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-microsoft-family-safety-view-all-google-chrome/729a1656-1668-484a-a1c0-fff46e00cda6