Windows 10: Edge override Adobe

Discus and support Edge override Adobe in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; WE created 3D modules in Adobe and need Adobe acrobat reader to open these files.. The problem is that Edge always overrule the pdf reader.. If Edge... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Cha9, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Cha9 Win User

Edge override Adobe

WE created 3D modules in Adobe and need Adobe acrobat reader to open these files.. The problem is that Edge always overrule the pdf reader.. If Edge and Microsoft for that matter want to override everything, why don't they give us a workable solution or leave adobe as the default.. Even if we add adobe as the default, Windows says"Adobe cannot connect to DDE server".. and then go back to Edge as the default.. We have tried everything to fix this.. such a huge frustration. All worked fine in Windows 7

:)

2. Arun B J Win User

Microsoft Edge vs Adobe Reader

Hi Jenny,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Control panel.

• Select Default Programs.

• Click on Adobe Reader and set that application as Default.
    If the issue persist follow the steps below.

• Open Default Program.

• Click on Associate a file type or protocol with a program.

• Select any pdf file Extension.

• Click on Change program.

• Select Adobe Reader.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 28, 2020
  3. TairikuOkami, Jan 28, 2020
  4. Edge override Adobe

Microsoft Edge vs Adobe Reader

Hi Arun, I have followed your instructions and so far it works OK.

Thanks for your help!

JennyYehYeh, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

Edge override Adobe

1. Edge override Adobe - Similar Threads - Edge override Adobe

2. microsoft edge vs adobe reader

in Cortana
    microsoft edge vs adobe reader: what are the differences between printing a pdf with ms.edge and printing pdf using adobe ? if i use MS edge to print and save pdf file, can the pdf be opened using adobe version X or latest ?...
  3. Adobe vs Edge (how to ensure adobe STAYS my default app)

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Adobe vs Edge (how to ensure adobe STAYS my default app): My organization pays for adobe pro, so I like my pdf default app to be adobe. Unfortunately, Windows/Microsoft/?? keeps overriding my default settings. I use adobe files extensively. As a result, I find myself resetting the default app setting 4-5 times a day (yes, I've...
  4. Opera override

in Browsers and Email
    Opera override: What is this opera crap? Every time I try to get to Amazon, it shows up and overrides everything else on my monitor. How do I get rid of it? 137111
  5. Edge or Adobe PDF viewers?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge or Adobe PDF viewers?: From a security standpoint, if you were to pick a PDF viewer, which one would you pick out of these two only? Edge or Adobe? Only from a security standpoint and only pick Edge or Adobe only, meaning no mentioning of other 3rd party PDF programs. 134809
  6. turning on Adobe Flash Player on Edge?

in Windows 10 Customization
    turning on Adobe Flash Player on Edge?: Why did I have to go to Adobe to find a simple solution for turning on Adobe Flash Player on Edge? Would I be better off with Chrome to use Flash Player?...
  7. Adobe Flash P_layer in Edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Adobe Flash P_layer in Edge: Flash Player will not work for playing video cards. Message says player version 9 is not installed. It is supposed to be included in Edge, or so I was told when I went to install it. Adobe says it is a Microsoft problem. Please advise...
  8. Adobe Flash in Edge-- Making it always work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adobe Flash in Edge-- Making it always work: How can I set it up to work every time without having to stop and reset the setting every time I try to watch something in edge. It makes me not want to use EDGE at all....
  9. Microsoft edge Adobe flash problem

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft edge Adobe flash problem: Is it just for me or is it Microsoft it self I cannot download flash player for edge because its already automatically integrated with edge I have it turned on in advanced settings but its just doesn't work I cannot load anything where flash player is used for. 18538
  10. Disable Certificate Error Overrides in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Disable Certificate Error Overrides in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Disable Certificate Error Overrides in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable SSL Certificate Error Overrides in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to override edge with adobe

2. why does windows 10 edge keep turning off adobe?