Windows 10: Edge Passwords

Discus and support Edge Passwords in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi. My father in laws PC crashed after an update. Started off with the Access denied problem - which I couldnt resolved. Now is in a loop on his... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AndyL802, Feb 13, 2021.

1. AndyL802 Win User

Edge Passwords

Hi. My father in laws PC crashed after an update.

Started off with the Access denied problem - which I couldnt resolved.

Now is in a loop on his account - doesnt fully load. Screen just goes off - and on - and off -and ........

I can log in to an Admin account though.

Is there a way I can recover his passwords from the Edge browser on his account from the Admin account?

Thanks....

Andy

:)

AndyL802, Feb 13, 2021

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 13, 2021
  3. Dutch Win User
    How can I get Edge to retain one of my passwords that it won't hold?

Ever since the latest update a few days ago, Edge no longer remembers my eBay password even though in Settings, Advanced Settings, Manage Passwords, "save passwords" is selected, and even though eBay is listed in the saved password list. Each time I login to eBay, I have to again select "save password" but Edge doesn't remember it when I later return to eBay. Edge does remember all my other passwords, except for eBay.
    Has this happened to anyone else, and any suggestions how to fix this?
    Thanks.

Dutch, Feb 13, 2021
  4. Edge Passwords

Edge is the most terrible for remember passwords

Hi Don,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

It seems Microsoft Edge browser needs a repair on your computer. However we’d like to get more information,

1. Have you made any changes on the computer?

In the mean while I would suggest you to visit below links and follow the steps which would resolve the issue.

1. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...10-what-to-do-when-microsoft-edge-not-working
    2. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028534/microsoft-edge-save-or-forget-passwords

Disclaimer: The ‘Microsoft Edge Settings’ feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The ‘Reset Microsoft Edge Settings’
    feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Microsoft Edge Settings feature.

Hope it helps

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator.

Manjunath_H, Feb 13, 2021
Thema:

Edge Passwords

1. Edge Passwords - Similar Threads - Edge Passwords

2. How do I roll back to a previously saved password in Edge?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I roll back to a previously saved password in Edge?: How do I roll back to a previously saved password in Edge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-roll-back-to-a-previously-saved-password/7c94b65c-fd98-4ad3-854b-068eb99add72
  3. How do I roll back to a previously saved password in Edge?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I roll back to a previously saved password in Edge?: How do I roll back to a previously saved password in Edge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-roll-back-to-a-previously-saved-password/7c94b65c-fd98-4ad3-854b-068eb99add72
  4. Delete Passwords in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete Passwords in Microsoft Edge: I had my computer worked on and somehow I am seeing multiple people's passwords in my Microsoft Edge Wallet. How do I delete more than one password at a time? If I have to, how do I delete all of them? I delete some but then they come back....
  5. Delete Passwords in Microsoft Edge

Delete Passwords in Microsoft Edge: I had my computer worked on and somehow I am seeing multiple people's passwords in my Microsoft Edge Wallet. How do I delete more than one password at a time? If I have to, how do I delete all of them? I delete some but then they come back....
  6. How do I access password manager on Windows 11 with Edge as the browser. Most suggestions...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I access password manager on Windows 11 with Edge as the browser. Most suggestions...: How do I access password manager on Windows 11 with Edge as the browser. Most suggestions are from years ago. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-access-password-manager-on-windows-11/45e00bd8-fb6e-4011-bbec-af9e00b12b5f
  7. How do I access password manager on Windows 11 with Edge as the browser. Most suggestions...

How do I access password manager on Windows 11 with Edge as the browser. Most suggestions...: How do I access password manager on Windows 11 with Edge as the browser. Most suggestions are from years ago. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-access-password-manager-on-windows-11/45e00bd8-fb6e-4011-bbec-af9e00b12b5f
  8. Keeping iCloud password extension signed in on Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keeping iCloud password extension signed in on Edge: I'm using Edge on a Win 11 machine. I have added the Cloud extension to sync passwords with my iphone which works fine. However, EVERY time I open the browser, to use it, I have to type in a 6 digit code given by the icloud app. I must enter it 100 times a day! Is there no...
  9. Keeping iCloud password extension signed in on Edge

Keeping iCloud password extension signed in on Edge: I'm using Edge on a Win 11 machine. I have added the Cloud extension to sync passwords with my iphone which works fine. However, EVERY time I open the browser, to use it, I have to type in a 6 digit code given by the icloud app. I must enter it 100 times a day! Is there no...
  10. Why can someone delete all my microsoft edge passwords without asking for biometrics/password

Why can someone delete all my microsoft edge passwords without asking for biometrics/password: Why can someone delete all my microsoft edge passwords without asking for biometrics/password?Bad. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-can-someone-delete-all-my-microsoft-edge/4ce2f9f2-93fd-461a-9ea6-97f5b180e15b